• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 cannot be this empty.... this always confuses me (PC)

How come when looking for an adventure game in diablo 3 for the PC it always says 0 players playing. I went from every level and it says this. Impossible... NO one is playing diablo 3? How can no games be available to join?

Syntsui

Please don't say it's like that on PC too. On PS4 it's ghost town, even on weekends. I could barely play, be it rifts/grifts/bounties this weekend. I just bought the PC version just so I could avoid this.

Baliis

Please don't say it's like that on PC too. On PS4 it's ghost town, even on weekends. I could barely play, be it rifts/grifts/bounties this weekend. I just bought the PC version just so I could avoid this.

Depends on what you consider ghost town. Right now on US, i see about 2k players at T10 softcore, only about 100 in Hardcore, but you only need 4 people to fill a game so its easy to fill a game.

ngff02

Game is a ghost town at early levels with the exception of when a season starts.

Wish there was the option of a list of games you can join like in Diablo 2.

Hedge

I only play solo or with my friends, as I imagine a lot of others do. No open games doesn't make it empty.
Maybe joining a clan will help? There are ones dedicated to various things like bounties, mat farms, etc.

Not my experience. I am finding tons of people.

MrDaravon

There's significantly more people online than that, just everyone is in group/community games and not public games. Public game counts have always been abysmal.

p3n

I'm only Paragon 610 on season 5 but I am ranked at below #30000 on EU servers (Paragon Rankings). I am not even in the top 100000 world wide. And all of that is only for the players that searched and/or updated their profiles in the last ~12h on D3progress - which is a tiny fraction of players.

People not finding any public games usually search in story mode on weird difficulties. I was running a few T10 rifts yesterday to gear up a new character and it said 4800+ open games.

BashNasty

The reason that Diablo III can often look so empty is because there's a lot of fragmentation. Character level, whether you're seasonal, regular or hardcore (or hardcore seasonal) what difficulty you select and what style of game you're going after (rifts, bounties, eat) will all change the player pool you're with. If you know where to look (seasonal, high torment difficulties at level 70) you'll find plenty of people.

Macattk15

ok. So im on a level 60 season character. I tried every level I could up until TORMENT 6.

Just seems odd is all

Hardly ANYONE does Adventure groups pre 70.

I see 1631 games for normal rifts on T10. 242 for Bounties. 137 for Greater Rifts. 24 for Key Wardens.

PS4 everyone plays with friends due to the risk of a public match having someone with a modded item that will give you 1000 paragon levels in 5 minutes.

And Blizzard don't give a shit.

And could have prevented this if they didn't let people import from last gen, where the vanilla release showed them this shit is everywhere.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
NA is always busy, and running Pub TX bounties and rifts you always fill up quickly.

Anyone saying it's dead is misinformed or lying.

No one is trying to group for anything besides being 70, rifting, or doing bounties. That's D3. The whole categories thing is a fail, and they refuse to allow custom rooms with titles to let folks know what the intention of the group is which would help more than using categories.

Your alternate choice is find a community and look for groups there.

Dahbomb

A lot of people play the game but no one is playing pre-70 these days.

In addition, much fewer people are playing non Season these days. Activity is highest among Softcore Season players playing Adventure mode TX Rifts/Bounties with some players doing Greater Rifts.

Ploid 3.0

Solo for me, and seasons because I like to start fresh which promotes trying something new. I love starting a new build in Path of Exile so I use the seasons to have a reason to start fresh.

Not sure what option your playing but T10 has plenty of people. Before that its probably underneath 50 for each option depending on the time of day. Are you looking to play story or adventure? I could run you through a T6 if you need to level a character up or run you through a couple T10s if you need gear.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

PS4 is plenty active, but it's all friends-only rooms.

Terra

Got powerleveled by a friend. Got every character at 70 now. Powerleveling took around 30 minutes per character. That is the current state of this.

Top Bottom