• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 "Necromancer Beta" Starting Soon

Strakt

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20680310

GIZB3IIY9AQI1491263416563.jpg

Prepare yourselves—the Necromancer beta test is right around the corner, nephalem!

Invitations to our closed beta test will soon be going out worldwide. If you are invited, we'd love to hear all about your adventures on the forums, watch your live streams, and see screenshots and videos of your experiences as you wield the dark powers of the Necromancer.

Please keep in mind that the Necromancer and other parts of Patch 2.6.0 are still in development. As such, content in the closed beta may change and does not necessarily represent the final version.

Cleve

a closed beta for paid character dlc

Better to balance it now than release a paid character that's massively better/worse. Blizzard publicly beta tests just about everything eventually, so I expect we'll see that toward the end of this too.

Really hoping Paladin or Amazon is next.

D3's adding classes way faster than WoW though, haha

I really miss amazon from d2 in d3. I played demon hunter as my first main. But it never even got close to a amazon. I doubt they ever put one in because of dh. :/

Excited for necromancer. Going to play again when it's released.

KarmaCow

Is the next DLC just the character or are they adding a new act like they did for the Crusader release?

I think they know by now that no one playing Diablo 3 cares about the story. I think they're adding a few new areas though alongside this though.

PMS341

Screenshot005.jpg

I want this in D3 form so badly, but I know we're only going to see like 4-5 skellies at most. I just feel it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Happy to pay 10 bucks for it.
Goodguy blizzard.
Even if i don't really enjoy you game.(overwatch)
I still want it cause your games always evolve😍

Fucking hell that diablo 2 screenshot i need to play it

Isn't this the character you need to pay for?

I think so, yes.
But a new character class in Diablo 3 actually means you'd get ~15-25 hours out of it for playing through the story mode.
And since Diablo 3 is meant to be played through several times, I think it's a good deal.

Is this a joke? Or are new tilesets "new content"?

This is the first legitimate, distinct content they've added since RoS released in 2014.

Of course it's a joke.

That said, I'll play it when it's out of beta. Why would I spoil the fun in a beta? It's just a new class.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Here's hoping we get a Diablo 2 Remaster announcement in 2017. We all know Starcraft isn't the only classic game they have been retooling behind the scenes. I figure they want to give the necromancer pack a few months to sell to anyone remotely interested in buying it, then announce the D2 remaster for release near the end of the year

~~dreams~~~

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
GGG makes 6 new acts free, and Blizz charges for a new character.

Something definitely not right here.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ultimately D3 has been a huge disappointment, GGG have completely out-done them.

Kind of sucks that its a closed beta. I would definitely try it out for a little bit if it was open. Haven;t played D3 in a long time so I am pretty sure I am not getting in.

firelogic

Why is it taking so long to release a new character class? What is Blizzard waiting for? The game is on its last legs. Teasing out content shouldn't be what they're aiming for at this late stage of the game.

Gator86

Why is it taking so long to release a new character class? What is Blizzard waiting for? The game is on its last legs. Teasing out content shouldn't be what they're aiming for at this late stage of the game.

Got receipts for this? Last I heard the game is one of the ten best selling titles of all time with more than 30m units sold and just brought seasons to console, adding hours of gameplay for non-pc gamers, in addition to ongoing tweaks and additions. But yeah, the game is definitely on its last legs.

SirNinja

GGG makes 6 new acts free, and Blizz charges for a new character.

Something definitely not right here.

That "something" is that people aren't seeing that PoE's acts 6-10 are retooled versions of 1-5. Act 6 is set in the same region as act 1, just with Lioneye's Watch raided/destroyed, Act 7 is the same region as act 2, just with its town raided/destroyed, etc. Different story, different bosses, a couple different enemies, etc., but the tileset is pretty much the same.

Everyone's been reacting to this like "JESUS CHRIST SIX NEW ACTS OMMFFFFFFFFGGGGGG" when it's really more of a "oh neat, that's a clever-ish way to avoid having to play through the game on three difficulties".

Keep the hype in check, people. You will be happier for it.

kencey

There won't be an expansion for D3.
So they are releasing this character as a paid dlc.
Give me D2 HD edition please.

Top Bottom