• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 will require a persistent Internet connection to play/has always online DRM

Goldmund said:
Some people make not playing a Blizzard game they've been looking forward to seem like a fantastical idea. Maybe those threatening to cancel do have principles that can't be reconciled with the steps Blizzard have taken with Diablo III. I didn't buy Shadow Complex because of Orson Scott Card's admittedly minor involvement. I think that's much crazier.

That _is_ crazy. Say what you will about his craziness, the man brought us Ender's Game.

Goldmund

FrontalMonk said:
That _is_ crazy. Say what you will about his craziness, the man brought us Ender's Game.
I'm one of those guys that can't divorce a person and their artistic output from their political beliefs if they oppose mine to such a dramatic degree.

Goldmund said:
I'm one of those guys that can't divorce a person and their artistic output from their political beliefs if they oppose mine to such a dramatic degree.

I can see that. I mean I loved me some Ender's Game, but everything I've heard about Empire sounds like ideological dribble so I passed on it. I generally just dislike agenda forcing in novels, it's one reason why I hated the "BY THE WAY LOOK AT ME I'M BEING EDGY" bits of Fight Club, or the long diatribes of what's wrong with our consumerist world when I read Snow Crash. Like, I can divorce a person's output from their beliefs until they force their beliefs into their output.

Sorry for derailing, I'll stop now. :)

John_B

Crazy people are upset that an online game can't be played offline...

It would have been a bit balsy to launch a big franchise as online-only a decade ago. Today a consumer laptop does not even have a built-in modem.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
HammerOfThor said:
Wait so is the previous on him just mocking with haters?

That wasn't apparent?

I mean come on, the guy was talking about how he always playing with his "guild" and yet he was going to boycott because it lacked offline play.

Top Bottom