• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4: Blizzard wants to know if you'd be okay with 100 dollars for an add-on

Phase

I'd be okay with never playing another Diablo again. If I ever feel the need D1 and 2 can keep me entertained.

Phase

This is why I have quit gaming pretty much all together. I enjoy single player games with no store or options to spent real money on nothing, but all these companies squeezing every dollar and manipulating children to be future addicts and pay those prices for no digital value has just pretty much ruined gaming all together for me.
I have so many old games and roms that I have yet to play from NES-Xbox. I plan on really digging into the lot in the coming years. Have you considered old games as a source of gaming for your kids, or would they not be very receptive to that? There are so many wonderful old games.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I have so many old games and roms that I have yet to play from NES-Xbox. I plan on really digging into the lot in the coming years. Have you considered old games as a source of gaming for your kids, or would they not be very receptive to that? There are so many wonderful old games.
I think they would, they enjoy playing the Switch. I also have the remake snes my son got me for my birthday a couple years ago. Thank you for the idea, I think I’ll start seeing how they like doing that.

I just don’t want them falling into a trap of just throwing their money in the garbage for digital items that have no value. It’s getting scary that they are being pushed into these things hard with microtransactions everywhere like outfits that cost 10 or more a piece for something that isn’t real and wanting to keep the price of games going up. Spider-Man I bought for my oldest is the only game I think I paid 70 dollars for this year. I game on PC, PS5, and the switch and I’m buying games all year, usually. Now I pay attention and will not buy anything that wants me to purchase XP boost, outfits, so on and so forth. I would just feel like an idiot buying something like that.

Thanks again for the great idea of introducing older games for them. I appreciate it.

53g9qdw.jpg
Blizzard!!! What you be doing to Waifu Lilith. 🤦‍♂️
She deserves better than you, you monsters.

On a more serious note. Does Blizzard have no bounds towards greed? I mean $100? Seriously?
Though honestly I’m not completely surprised. 😬

Hudo

How can I tell them to get fucked until they've re-remade WarCraft 3? They can go all into their Cosby room and get fucked.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Blizzard nickle and diming stupid assholes who are paying for content that should of been included with the original product..

laughing-toothless.gif

Shodai

Even I'm my wildest dreams did I not think Blizzard could destroy the Diablo franchise. Ah well, I guess I'll always have D2 if I want to revisit the genre.

They have come this far already. Let the suckered be sucked! There is so much money out there that is not mine.

Last edited:
I would do $50 for a 30 hour expansion, same quality as Diablo 4.

But I've already decided not to purchase another Diablo at full price.

I'll either pirate it, or wait until it's 75% off.

It’s already expensive enough, I quit my PS Plus subscription because of the price increase, but didn’t fully understand that it renders Diablo 4 unplayable.

I pretty much play that game as a single player game and think it’s outrageous that it requires PSPlus.

But yea, if that addon is probably 25% of the base game content-wise, then it should be 25% of the games’ price.

Roxkis_ii

I'm blackpilled on this shit man. Blizzard will release expansions at $100 and people will happily buy it. Shit, it's people who paid for the ultimate edition for The Last Call of Duty knowing it was a bona fide DLC.

The survey was probably to perp their fan base for the upcoming change.

Blizzard showed their true colours in diablo immoral so this is not at all surprising.

Don't give money to this scumbag company, but people never learn.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Diablo 4 is a unique study in how badly a company can be seemingly tireless in attempting to make you hate it's game.

It SHOULD be a home run. The Diablo formula still works. It's like crack. But, it's like the game is a test bed to see just how much punishment an audience can endure. Their insane season one balancing. Their shitty monetisation. No sexy women allowed. Skins behind a paywall. Endgame is 'grind moar i dunno lol'.

And now, 'give us $100USD to finish the game'. What the fuck.

knguyen

It's their product, so they free to sell whatever will profit them. Why bended over for them then cry about it?

Optimus Lime

Discuss all you want.
My comment are for those who bought the game, bought whatever blizzard throw at them then got angry when these stupid shit that they've been buying got more expensive.
Your argument is nonsense. 'You bought it, therefore you deserve anything Blizzard does' is an asinine defence of a corporation.

Corian33

I enjoy D4, but the prices for anything beyond the base game are nuts. I’m not paying $25 or whatever for a single skin.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The value proposition in this game is nuts. The season pass is a solid value and priced correctly. Everything else is out of this world.

Even PoE mtx are more reasonable in price and that game solely relies on mtx to make income.

Optimus Lime

The value proposition in this game is nuts. The season pass is a solid value and priced correctly. Everything else is out of this world.

Even PoE mtx are more reasonable in price and that game solely relies on mtx to make income.
You know what's even better?
Not having a 'season pass' in a full priced game.

simpatico

Picked this up during the promotion last week on Steam. Loving it as just a SP ARPG. Best looking isometric RPG I've ever played. The art is just perfect. Shame it has to be this way. I will say even though it does ask you for money a lot, once you get into the game it's not as bad. Totally worth $40 if you just want a 50-60 hour campaign. Which is more hours than I get out of most games I buy.

Last edited:
Someone make this make sense to me. The base game “ultimate edition” was $99. How is $99 for an add-on even remotely acceptable. Hell, how is even $69 acceptable? Yearly?

This is why gaming is fucked.

Arsic

You know what's even better?
Not having a 'season pass' in a full priced game.
If it pays for constant development for me to keep playing and coming back to it I’m all for it. That’s why I come back to games like PoE.

The nice thing about the seasonal content here is you don’t have to pay a dime and you can engage with all of it. All that’s paid is cosmetics in the pass but the actual content is free for all.

So let the whales whale out.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I tried to get into Diablo IV on the recent couple free play offers. And just couldn’t do it. I was bored out of my mind.

Not sure what it was as I loved Diablo 1 - 3 (after first expansion and even before somewhat). But this game I couldn’t make myself sit through the first 20 levels. I noped out right before.

Just felt soulless and drab.

Optimus Lime

If it pays for constant development for me to keep playing and coming back to it I’m all for it. That’s why I come back to games like PoE.

The nice thing about the seasonal content here is you don’t have to pay a dime and you can engage with all of it. All that’s paid is cosmetics in the pass but the actual content is free for all.

So let the whales whale out.
The game isn't free. The 'constant development' is paid for by the massively inflated sticker price of the game.

You have drunk the kool aid that publishers have to do this, because of the wonderful content that they keep giving us - they don't want to gouge us with microtransactions and battle passes and other garbage, they have to because they're just scrambling desperately to fund ongoing development.

Get fucking real. This is the same as it has always been - maximising profits by cutting content that used to be in the game that people paid for.

Stop making excuses for it.

Arsic

The game isn't free. The 'constant development' is paid for by the massively inflated sticker price of the game.

You have drunk the kool aid that publishers have to do this, because of the wonderful content that they keep giving us - they don't want to gouge us with microtransactions and battle passes and other garbage, they have to because they're just scrambling desperately to fund ongoing development.

Get fucking real. This is the same as it has always been - maximising profits by cutting content that used to be in the game that people paid for.

Stop making excuses for it.

retard-stupid.gif

Believe what you want. Paying people to make seasonal content is real and isn’t cut content. You can argue season 1 is cut content because it was done when the game shipped. Everything here on out has costs. Spoiler: it’s a business they want to make money. Some of the profit of base game goes to the season team to get them going then it’s up to the season team to keep producing content people want to spend $ on to keep their job going and engagement into the game.

They’ve said they have 3 teams now. Even season number team. Odd even number season team. Expansion team.

But sure let’s go with your theory that all this content has been made and is done. All of the years of coming content is complete, and just being sold bit by bit. Yup. Ok.

Optimus Lime

Spoiler: it’s a business they want to make money. Some of the profit of base game goes to the season team to get them going then it’s up to the season team to keep producing content people want to spend $ on to keep their job going and engagement into the game.
Behold. The perfect consumer.

DavidGzz

As long as I'm having fun, I will keep supporting the game. People have been paying for yearly expansions of CoD. This will also sell really well. If it doesn't look worth it closer to release, don't buy it. Pretty simple.

Top Bottom