• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Why do they call it Diablo III and not Diablo 3?

Nice OT! I cannot wait to play this game this will be my first Diablo game. So for me this will be Diablo I or Diablo 1.

Couse the history was Diablo, Diablo II so logical is Diablo III

FtHTiny

Does anyone know if followers are still going to be active in multiplayer? Or are they only active when you solo? I always noticed my follower in the beta when I was playing solo, but never noticed any when I played multiplayer.

Also, amazing job on the OT Falcon, we really appreciate your hard work (and everyone else that was involved).

You only have a follower available in solo play, when someone joins your game he vanishes instantly. (also during bossfights)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, pardon me for jumping right in, but was there ever any truth to the demo rumor? My PC specs are below and I am not sure if I will be able to run this...

Win 7 64 bit
Intel Core i5 M560 @ 2.67 GHz (4 CPUs)
8GB RAM
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

My graphics card is the bottleneck, and I can't find if it's supported...

mandiller

Does anyone know if followers are still going to be active in multiplayer? Or are they only active when you solo? I always noticed my follower in the beta when I was playing solo, but never noticed any when I played multiplayer.

Also, amazing job on the OT Falcon, we really appreciate your hard work (and everyone else that was involved).

I think they're only active in singleplayer

Gromph

Staff Member
So, pardon me for jumping right in, but was there ever any truth to the demo rumor? My PC specs are below and I am not sure if I will be able to run this...

Win 7 64 bit
8GB RAM
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Check here

Effect

Do we know how long the story is suppose to last on a normal setting?

Are difficulties and more loot the only replay value or are their more quest (story) to complete after the main story is done as another reason to keep playing?

RPGCrazied

Are difficulties and more loot the only replay value or are their more quest (story) to complete after the main story is done as another reason to keep playing?

I heard IV Acts. How many quests per Act, I dunno.

hyduK

Banned
I actually can't believe this is here in a week. Diablo II lasted me a solid 5 or so years, and still occasionally gets playtime. Countless Meph/pindleskin runs, cow runs, rush for forge, just sitting around in trade games pvping, etc. Thats only before 1.10 which was almost a completely different experience. Probably the single most time consuming/addictive game I've played.

I wonder if there's any quests similar to Ania/den of evil that grant you permanent skill/stat/resist increases. And if they'll stack (ie. you can do them in each difficulty).

Soule

Just talking to a mate, his computer is pretty much fucked been going in and out of the repair shop and he's well and truly over spending money on it. By far the friend who put the most into D2, fuckin terrible timing D:

Win 7 64 bit
8GB RAM
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

There will be 'guest passes' that come with each boxed copy that will give you somewhere around 7 hours of playtime, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a guess pass code once the game is released.

Your PC should be fine to run the game, in any regard.

I know we got the spreadsheet going with everyone's name and info, but is there a quicker way to add people from that list then copying and pasting each name individually and sending out friend requests one at a time? Playing the beta, I would add 3-4 GAFers at random before I just wanted to start playing!

Looking forward to getting some full GAF games going on, was fun playing with everyone from the open beta weekend. Time to get my wizard on!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Kind of a derpy question but where's the launcher located? I just finished downloading the pre-load and all I got was a folder called Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer.

Can't find the installer or a launcher anywhere in there.

RPGCrazied

Kind of a derpy question but where's the launcher located? I just finished downloading the pre-load and all I got was a folder called Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer.

Can't find the installer or a launcher anywhere in there.

its called Diablo III Setup.exe

Gromph

Staff Member

Normal run, alone reading all around 20-25h.

From ActI to ActIV.

Difficulty and loot are the replay component.

jiggles

Banned
Just pre-purchased. Completely new to the Diablo universe here, do I need to get caught up before I start?

I've heard Book of Cain was great at filling in the backstory but I'm worried about it fatiguing me on the lore instead of upping my hype, and it's starting to get a little tricky to find. Should I just plow right in next week, and maybe seek it out after I've gone through the game?

ShaneB

It's great to see how many people are coming out and saying this will be their first Diablo game. I played the heck out of Diablo, and will admit to only briefly playing Diablo II since at release I wasn't playing much PC games, but I did play it more when I bought the battlechest when D3 was revealed.

This game will be massive.

Raide

15-20 sounds about right on Normal. Maybe more if you do all the extra bits.

Each difficulty has its own Tier of special gear for the classes, as well as all the other stuff that drops. Blizzard seem to want people to get that Tier as a good way to progress through the higher difficulties. Nightmare and above will add more than just 2x monster HP. Inferno will also add skills and abilities for monsters that you don't see in the other difficulties.

As for more quests...I have no idea. Would be pretty cool to have more stuff in the higher difficulties. Especially if Inferno clear gave you special endings etc. :D

Just pre-purchased. Completely new to the Diablo universe here, do I need to get caught up before I start?

I've heard Book of Cain was great at filling in the backstory but I'm worried about it fatiguing me on the lore instead of upping my hype, and it's starting to get a little tricky to find. Should I just plow right in next week, and maybe seek it out after I've gone through the game?

If you care about the lore, you should obviously get caught up. Check the videos in the OP. There are 3 videos about 7 minutes each who explain everything quite well.

Book of Cain is more in depth.

Trying to decide between boxed & digital download.

Any word on what the standard edition box contains? I have fond memories of Blizzard manuals growing up (thick books, replete with art). I was disappointed in Starcraft 2.

RPGCrazied

Trying to decide between boxed & digital download.

Any word on what the standard edition box contains? I have fond memories of Blizzard manuals growing up (thick books, replete with art). I was disappointed in Starcraft 2.

You'll want the CE, manuals these days are shit. Doesn't matter the company.

It's great to see how many people are coming out and saying this will be their first Diablo game. I played the heck out of Diablo, and will admit to only briefly playing Diablo II since at release I wasn't playing much PC games, but I did play it more when I bought the battlechest when D3 was revealed.

Yeah - I bought the battlechest a couple of years back but only played D2 for a couple of hours.

Excited to hear about the length of the game. I figure my first run will be normal solo just so I can get the spoilers out of the way. After that I'll move up to nightmare/hell MP.

It certainly is, although I have to say it's deeply weird personally to see so many people asking questions about the mechanics of Diablo in relation to WoW. I mean, understandable all things considered, but it makes me feel weird and old.

Normal run, alone reading all around 20-25h.

From ActI to ActIV.

Difficulty and loot are the replay component.

There will also be off the beaten path areas and events and quests that are random and often do not show up. There were several of these in the beta alone, Den of the Fallen had something like a 5% chance of showing up in any one game. On one play through you won't see anywhere near all of them, so there will be some cool new random stuff on subsequent playthroughs.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Brilliant OT!

To prepare for the coming of this game, I have:

-- Diablo III Steelseries mouse and mousepad ready.
-- CE pre-ordered from Amazon the first day it went up, coming on release day via Prime.
-- Pre-downloaded the client because I technically got D3 already via the 1 year of WoW.
-- Bought over $200 worth of booze yesterday.
-- Took almost all of next week off.

MY. BODY. IS. READY.

FtHTiny

so everything you ever get you can put in the AH? are there any items only for a specific class like in d2? also are can you equip all items are do you have to have at least x points in a specific stat?

yes to the first part, even after using you can put it into the ah. Yes every class has i think 2 "special" equipments.
Barb has Mighty weapons and big belts or something along this line. That are only wearable by barbs.
There are no stat-points so i guess it´s only level restricted.

zsswimmer

I have no idea how Diablo plays or even really what it's about. Everyone is getting so hyped up, what is the Diablo series all about? I missed out the beta weekend so besides going to Youtube I seriously know nothing about it.

Soule

so everything you ever get you can put in the AH?
I haven't seen any items that you couldn't trade in the item guide on the D3 website, but I'd assume there'll be quest items and take a further guess you cannot sell them. Who knows though.

are there any items only for a specific class like in d2?

Yes

also are can you equip all items are do you have to have at least x points in a specific stat?
In the beta I only saw level restricted items, didn't see any stat restrictions.

Hope that helps.

strafer

GLqBt.jpg

dat SE

Gromph

Staff Member

Only when solo.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
oaEqB.jpg

I know I'm late to the party, but has anyone claimed angry goatman yet?

All this Diablo hype over the past few months has me super nostalgic for middle/high school playing Diablo II online with friends. Been thinking about getting SC2 as well to complete the nostalgiafest

Ainaurdur

I'm also glad to see some new people willing to try out the series. It's kinda funny to think of people who have never even at least seen the games, but it has been quite some time...

Quick nostalgia: Diablo was the first M rated game I owned. And at the time, I was shocked that mom said yes when I asked if she would buy it for me. I think I was 11 at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom