• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I can't send or get any friend requests, and now I see that the game stutters like mad when I play on my own. I get a solid 60 fps, but still stuttering. What a mess.

RPGCrazied

Anyone know if walmart did a midnight opening? Trying to think of places that didn't have one, and maybe can snag one if I show up early enough.

No penalty. The game is pretty penalty free. You can respec and this causes a three second cool down. You can portal in and out of town with no penalty.

If you die, I believe you just resurrect at the beginning of the dungeon level you are on. If a coop member resurrects you - you will res on the spot.

All that's genuinely surprising. I would have expected the game to have some sort of gold sink to balance out the economy. I guess crafting fills that role in some capacity.

Too lazy to read over all these pages, anyone running a Nvidia card using the 301 beta drives experiencing any stuttering? It doesn't drop fps but it is differently noticeable.

smiggyRT

Jumped into to co-op for an hour just to see what was up, teamed up with a monk who was annihilating everything in sight.

Game looks great as well, really good atmosphere to it. Completed Act 1 bang on 6 hours for anyone whose interested and there were some parts I didn't explore that thoroughly but for the most part I tried clearing the entire area I was in.

Great game.

midnight launch in my city had less than 15 people. Soon as i got home i started playing. My first character is a demon hunter. After reaching lvl 4 I'm still not feeling the game. Maybe my memories of Diablo 2 are different, or the new graphics just don't convince me, but i'll continue playing.

Number45

All that's genuinely surprising. I would have expected the game to have some sort of gold sink to balance out the economy. I guess crafting fills that role in some capacity.
Yeah, training the blacksmith isn't cheap and you need to pay to craft.

Eep. I'm playing barbarian and have equipped him with a shield, no problems so far.

For those of us at work, mind telling us what it says?
That if you're a DH and you equip the templar with a shield it might boot you out of the game and even your battle.net account. :eek:

Blizzard are investigating, and advise not to give any gear to the templar until AFTER you have him as a proper follower (I didn't even realise you could do this before).

ParityBit

midnight launch in my city had less than 15 people. Soon as i got home i started playing. My first character is a demon hunter. After reaching lvl 4 I'm still not feeling the game. Maybe my memories of Diablo 2 are different, or the new graphics just don't convince me, but i'll continue playing.

Who does midnight launches? You have a digital downloads now!

Megasoum

Banned
They say in the article that the bug occur only if you give gear to your templar before he officialy becomes your follower (after your clicked yes on the pop-up). Once he's really your follower you can do whatever you want and it's fine.

Got my first taste of a Diablo game this morning and I already feel like I completely understand the appeal. I started as a Monk and got up to level 7 before heading off to work... now I'm anxiously awaiting the end of the day.

Geoff9920

That if you're a DH and you equip the templar with a shield it might boot you out of the game and even your battle.net account. :eek:

Blizzard are investigating, and advise not to give any gear to the templar until AFTER you have him as a proper follower (I didn't even realise you could do this before).
Thanks! Wow, I didn't even know equiping him with gear prior to being a follower was possible.

Kem0sabe

A big, online-enabled game having server issues on day one should by now be about as surprising as when an in-depth scientific analysis of a piece of cheese reveals it be be made of cheese. Diablo III? Pretty bloody massive game. Server issues almost guaranteed. What's galling in this case though is that the log-in failures currently being suffered by a large number of aspiring players block the single-player game as well as multiplayer. Yay online authentication.

Oh, and did I mention that there seems to be no queuing system, so repeated attempts to sneak into the just-vacated gap left by another player require manual password entry each and every time? Look on the bright side. You'll be able to Ctrl+V faster than any mere mortal can possibly envision by the time this is over. Seriously, your non-Diablo-playing office colleagues will be in awe.

Blizzard's current response? A post on the official forum currently speaketh thusly:

"Due to high concurrency the login servers are currently at full capacity. This may cause delays in the login process, account pages and web services.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience while this is being resolved"

So, solutions? Higher server capacity or a queuing system would seem to be the obvious approaches. Other than that, it's just a case of keeping on trying until you get in, or waiting until server traffic settles down into a normal routine. It seems that this isn't a vastly complicated problem at the moment, just a simple case of the hardware not being able to take the strain of the entire world simultaneously trying to log into a sequel it has been anticipating for over a decade.

Still, consider the online DRM arguement well-and-truly cracked open once again. Can of worms, ACTIVATE!

-http://www.gamesradar.com

This was what i was afraid of. Blizzard´s traditionally shitty launches keeping players from playing their single player game because of "always on DRM".

ShaneB

Oh man, there's been 20 pages since I went to bed.

I'll be reading the replies for the NA launch, but a Quick recap, was there chaos at launch?

hlhbk

Diablo has never really been about story. Look at Star Craft and Warcraft franchises. It is all about game play.

Blizzard does know how to make great games. Just don't expect a super awesome story to get immersed in.

Try Diablo III and maybe you will see why we think it is great.

Anyway to try it since there isn't a demo?

sazzy

You know a game is FUCKING awesome when you spend 3 hours doing Beta content you spent several months doing already.

That is all, folks.

This was what i was afraid of. Blizzard´s traditionally shitty launches keeping players from playing their single player game because of "always on DRM".
If the reasons they gave for the DRM are legitimate then I have no problem with it and I can accept that there will occasionally be issues. The launch wasn't as smooth as it should have been, I will say that, but it took me about half an hour to log on which isn't too bad all things considered.

I'm wondering what the situation will be like later today, though.

coopolon

Umm, I just bought the game on battle.net. Downloaded the installer, now it's asking me to activate it with a game code. There's no game code on battle.net. The game shows up under my list of games, but there is no code associated with it.

That sucks.

SyNapSe

got my WD to level 4 but gotta head to work. Monk was real fun and really strong at low levels during the stress test. I need to try barb and see how I like that..

TheContact

Umm, I just bought the game on battle.net. Downloaded the installer, now it's asking me to activate it with a game code. There's no game code on battle.net. The game shows up under my list of games, but there is no code associated with it.

That sucks.

Ignore the code message. It's activated

Since I've never played a game like Diablo before, and everyone is saying the game is amazing, why is it amazing?

I wish I could play the demo so I could tell.

Should I just buy it now? (I'll be able to buy it within the next hour, for lunch).

sazzy

Since I've never played a game like Diablo before, and everyone is saying the game is amazing, why is it amazing?

Should I just buy it now? (I'll be able to buy it within the next hour, for lunch).

Just play it man.

I'm taking like a 20 minute break and I was in Beta and I'm not even done with the Beta content in the retail version. Just play it. You'll get it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

LOOT! LOOT! LOOT!

DeSo

Banned
I just can't wipe the grin off my face while playing this game.

Only downside is the latency to Australia, but that was expected and playing single player at the moment, it's not too noticeable at all. Might be a bit of a bitch come the tougher difficulties though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom