• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

In regards to Teleport + Wormhole, Jay Wilson was asked about this other day and responded:

"JayWilson: You can teleport as many times as the animation will allow in the time before the cooldown is triggered."

Which sounds to me like it's cast speed limited rather than AP, though I could be reading it wrong.

Well, it has to be limited by AP at some point since it costs something to cast it. The question/issue is if the 1s window refreshes per cast or if it's:

t = 0s: Cast Teleport
0s < t < 1s: Cast Teleport again given enough AP
t = 1s: Wormhole closes

Or:
t = (Last Teleport cast +1s): Wormhole closes

The former is cast speed limited primarily with a secondary limit to AP; the latter is purely AP limited.

just got my CE in the mail! one day early - thanks amazon! yes it is full of spoilers...but i cant resist!

one thing about it which i really like - it does show the armor progression of all 5 classes which is nice. this is what i wanted from the start so im glad its in here.

just got my CE in the mail! one day early - thanks amazon! yes it is full of spoilers...but i cant resist!

one thing about it which i really like - it does show the armor progression of all 5 classes which is nice. this is what i wanted from the start so im glad its in here.

Did you even get a notification that it was being shipped?

injurai

Banned

Mine hasn't even shipped COME ON AMAZON!!!

Raide

Is that the Tier Items for each difficulty?

Also, did they ever confirm the old D2 Green Set items?

Armor progression? Post images! Also, how does armor work similarly to WoW

19 & 21 - yes! i got an email yesterday saying it shipping and that it'll be here friday via USPS!

injurai - i thought mine would arrive next week but seems like i got lucky!

scy - i know right??

raide - nope, just shows you what your character looks like wearing certain armor. it looks like there are 7 "different" looks, starting from wearing nothing (beginning of the game) to full plate mail (its on the d3 armory website so i figured it was okay mentioning that)

mysocksarepink - will do, but is it okay if i post them here? i wont get banned will i? armor progression is exactly like diablo 2 but a lot more focused!

PS - if anyone wants to know something from it, PM me! :)

FINALBOSS

Banned
Quick question about weapons:

Are certain weapons restricted to certain classes? I know stuff like the Ceremonial Knives etc are...but what about regular old swords/1-h axes/etc. Like can I, as a WD, rock a 1-h sword that has better stats than my Ceremonial Knife?

Are certain weapons restricted to certain classes? I know stuff like the Ceremonial Knives etc are...but what about regular old swords/1-h axes/etc. Like can I, as a WD, rock a 1-h sword that has better stats than my Ceremonial Knife?

when my brother and i were playing co-op during the open beta, i was using a 1h sword and shield (but meleeing with my attacks), and he was using a 1h axe and shield (but casting), so it looks like any character can use the regular non character specific items.

You're really intent on being #1 on OT2's wall of shame, eh Yoshi?

Anyway, where are you duders going for midnight launch? Does anyone know if Walmart will have any CE's available for people without Internet pre-orders? I have a CE pre-order from Amazon but I just decided that I would like to start playing at midnight, not to mention the fact that I have over $200 on a Walmart gift card. I'd like to buy a physical CE there and just return the Amazon one, but if I show up and there are no CE's I'm gonna feel real sad...

Raide

There are a few locked out to certain classes but most are open.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/

Check out the above and it will show what is locked out and what is not.

Well, it has to be limited by AP at some point since it costs something to cast it. The question/issue is if the 1s window refreshes per cast or if it's:

t = 1s: Wormhole closes

Or:
t = (Last Teleport cast +1s): Wormhole closes

The former is cast speed limited primarily with a secondary limit to AP; the latter is purely AP limited.

Yeah, I meant primarily limited by cast speed. Saying you can teleport "as many times as the animation will allow" seems like an odd choice of words to me if the 1 sec cooldown resets after each teleport.

Wunder

Hey Gaf,

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I was thinking about Artisans yesterday and how they'd actually come into play. Do you guys think they'll be incredibly important? To the extent that a group might pool resources to level one up?

I assume the Jeweler would be quite useful for gem combining and all that, but what about the Blacksmith? I'm under the impression that the Blacksmith would be useful only as a 'Bind to Account' type thing, where each new character would benefit from getting half-decent gear earlier in the game due to a late game character having put in the work.

Raide

Hey Gaf,

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I was thinking about Artisans yesterday and how they'd actually come into play. Do you guys think they'll be incredibly important? To the extent that a group might pool resources to level one up?

I assume the Jeweler would be quite useful for gem combining and all that, but what about the Blacksmith? I'm under the impression that the Blacksmith would be useful only as a 'Bind to Account' type thing, where each new character would benefit from getting half-decent gear earlier in the game due to a late game character having put in the work.

I dunno. They certainly will have some really awesome gear outside of boss drops. If you have a close group that plays, then pooling the pages would make sense but I think everyone would want to level up their own guy so they always have access to it.

scy

Yeah, I meant primarily limited by cast speed. Saying you can teleport "as many times as the animation will allow" seems like an odd choice of words to me if the 1 sec cooldown resets after each teleport.

That's what I assumed it was like but people here have said otherwise. Guess we'll know when the game releases though. I'd imagine it doesn't actually reset since, otherwise, Wormhole is basically infinite Teleport.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am off work and have eaten my dinner.

Now I browse the net and take in more of this thread to help pass the time.
Soak it all in!
Is there a range on teleport? I never got to use it in the beta. Or can I click the far corners of the screen?
There's a range on it. If you click on the far corners you'll get like 3/4 of that.

Naka

Just ordered the Diablo 3 SteelSeries mouse off Amazon. Here's hoping it doesn't suck. I've been using a Microsoft Intellimouse (5 button) for 12 years now so I'm a little nervous to switch.

zlatko

Banned
Oh shit yeah. Time to call up dat Blizzard to see how long it'd take to refund my purchase of D3, and then I can hop over to Gamestop tomorrow after work and just pre order there.

Really want that fucking sexy black box. :(

branny

Just ordered the Diablo 3 SteelSeries mouse off Amazon. Here's hoping it doesn't suck. I've been using a Microsoft Intellimouse (5 button) for 12 years now so I'm a little nervous to switch.
I'm using it right now. It's nice but just a mouse. :p

Can you tell us what the skull is made out of, do you reckon it's metal or resin, and does the usb stick light up when inserted into the computer?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've had the intellimouse for around 10 years. I was also worried when I tried switching to the Steelseries Sensei. The result:
Yeah... ugh, I remember buying one of those Sensei-versions and I've never been so disappointed in my entire life. My level of play in SC2 decreased with like 400% and my hand never seemed to adapt to its shape, and I kept (accidentally) clicking on those fucking buttons that are meant for left-handed people.

I ended up raging so hard at the mouse that I opened my back door and threw it as far as I could, out of my house. I never saw that mouse again... and I regret nothing.

zlatko

Banned
I've had the intellimouse for around 10 years. I was also worried when I tried switching to the Steelseries Sensei. The result:

You can't disable the extra buttons for left handers?

Do you have big hands or little hands? How long are your fingers?

I REALLY want this Diablo mouse, but want to see what kind of hand you are rocking before I pull the trigger.

I have an average sized hand, but fairly small fingers in length.

butts

Just got my CE guide in the mail too, really nice looking book. I won't open past the first few pages though because it's already been 11 years, I can maintain my media blackout for a few more days. Looooong weekend incoming

Yoshichan

You can't disable the extra buttons for left handers?

Do you have big hands or little hands? How long are your fingers?

I REALLY want this Diablo mouse, but want to see what kind of hand you are rocking before I pull the trigger.

I have an average sized hand, but fairly small fingers in length.
I had to manually disable it for every game that I played. Eventually I found a way of completely disabling it with a third party program, but at that point I was already frustrated as fuck. The fact that I could hear the buttons "clicking" in everytime I accidentally pressed them made me rage so hard.
I have long fingers :/

scy

I think most things I've heard about the Sensei were on how accommodating it was too (especially since it's pretty comfortable in either palm or claw grips).

Yoshichan

Yeah this isn't the first time I've discouraged people to buy the Sensei. I honestly can't recommend it to anyone...

Venfayth

What mouse do you recommend for the same price range Yoshi?

Also, is the black widow razer keyboard a good investment?

I am not Yoshi, but I fucking LOVE my Black Widow.

Great keyboard.

I just wish the pro was back with the backlit keys. It wasn't around when I had to replace mine. (I spilled a fuckton of water in it ._.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom