• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

TmpoQ.jpg

Working on my DH resists also. Still need to spend what is needed to get some of those more ideal pieces, but I feel far from a ragdoll now in Act 2 Inferno. I still think they are going to address DH survivability though.

How many hits can you take now? Two? Three?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Killed Mahda on Inferno. Easy, like all the other bosses. My current build is solid, although elites take a long time, which means DOT debuff in some cases. Still, it's much better than my previous one.
Also, dyes.
A3jFH.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So as I'm about to go through Act 4 Hell with my DH, where should I start farming gear to prep for Inferno? My damage isn't terrible, but I need to up my DR and resists. And do we need to farm gear for CC reduction, Missile Damage, and Melee Damage Reductions as well?

Maybe the gear you get in Inferno has all these reductions on it, but I haven't seen anything that great as I come to the end of Act 3 Hell. It feels VERY hard to gear up without the AH. :|

Cipherr

How many hits can you take now? Two? Three?

4, maybe 5 or so all the way up to many more if its just regular trash as long as I have my Gloom activated. I mean, I cannot hang around and get beat on, but I dont just get wrecked by a bit of lag or a few swings. 4 or 5 hits before death may not sound like a lot man, but it is. Its so much better. Remember Gloom has that 3 second duration SS used to have, but it has no cooldown, and can be synergized and chained with Preparation + Backup plan procs the way they old SS was.

LordCanti

So as I'm about to go through Act 4 Hell with my DH, where should I start farming gear to prep for Inferno? My damage isn't terrible, but I need to up my DR and resists. And do we need to farm gear for CC reduction, Missile Damage, and Melee Damage Reductions as well?

Maybe the gear you get in Inferno has all these reductions on it, but I haven't seen anything that great as I come to the end of Act 3 Hell. It feels VERY hard to gear up without the AH. :|

I got my DH to Act 2 without any resistances at all.

Might want to give it a shot before blowing all of your gold in the AH. Generally speaking, what you need is statistically unlikely to drop.

4, maybe 5 or so all the way up to many more if its just regular trash as long as I have my Gloom activated. I mean, I cannot hang around and get beat on, but I dont just get wrecked by a bit of lag or a few swings. 4 or 5 hits before death may not sound like a lot man, but it is. Its so much better.

It would keep a torso from crawling out of a grate I can't see and one hitting me. Then again, it would cost all my gold :/

I did Act 1 Inferno without any resistances either, the mobs are really easy. (Unless you get mortar). Act 2 is where shit goes down.

All DH's should have two sets of gear; One for DPS, one for +discipline Smoke Screen surfing.

Neki

I did Act 1 Inferno without any resistances either, the mobs are really easy. (Unless you get mortar). Act 2 is where shit goes down.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You barely needed new gear for critical mass/nova. 55wizard though...Yeah I've got some gear lying around now too.

Also, I realized there's an "Out of Time" debuff when you take too long to kill mobs. We're stuck kiting two elites, what can you expect us to do...

You could patch together something passable for about 100k, sure. That's what I did in the start. But to get 35% crit and 75% crit damage, +24 Arcane power on crit, and 2 aps took a little more effort.

Siegfried

So I read this post somehow as Act 2 Hell, not Inferno, and then saw the screencap of the resists and was all "lolwut?" to the numbers.

Just felt like sharing that.

Same here. I have like 17 on all resists... I'm in act 1 hell. Nightmare was incredibly easy, I died at most 15 times during the entire campaign solo.

Now hell is RAPING me. A zombie deals like 6k damage, I think I'll spend a lot of time on act 1 over the next week trying to get anything good...

Cipherr

I got my DH to Act 2 without any resistances at all.

Might want to give it a shot before blowing all of your gold in the AH. Generally speaking, what you need is statistically unlikely to drop.

It would keep a torso from crawling out of a grate I can't see and one hitting me. Then again, it would cost all my gold :/

It would cost you some DPS too lol. I was 20+k dps on the character sheet without Sharpshooter. Now its like 15k or something. Its a very very immediately noticeable hit. But when I was dead, my DPS was zero, so it didn't really matter, this is much better.

scy

You could patch together something passable for about 100k, sure. That's what I did in the start. But to get 35% crit and 75% crit damage, +24 Arcane power on crit, and 2 aps took a little more effort.

Man, you ranged guys have all the fun!

zlatko

Banned
Without going into too much details, I literally get 30 hours a month to play games. No more than that.

I have a 3 day weekend, and only ~2 hours left.

FML. :(

Shouta

Life Per Spirit Spent is like a godsend for Monk. It basically gives me the healing power I need to faceroll Inferno Act 1 now. I can even DW and just destroy things. I prefer the shield for the safety but it's certainly doable now. I highly recommend folks get some.

Cipherr

Life Per Spirit Spent is like a godsend for Monk. It basically gives me the healing power I need to faceroll Inferno Act 1 now. I can even DW and just destroy things. I prefer the shield for the safety but it's certainly doable now. I highly recommend folks get some.

Im curious, how much do you have? I have a monk alt and I saw some items drop with a small amount of it on the gear, but Im wondering how it scales with levels. Sounds like it could be awesome if you could stack a little of it.

Torraz

My monk, level 54ish at 25k HP. Currently at the end of act 1/beginning of act 2.

2WXE9.png

Any advice? Considering switching the guardian path (15% dodge when dual wielding) for the best resist = all resist passive, but none of my resists is very high at the moment.0000

Shouta

Im curious, how much do you have? I have a monk alt and I saw some items drop with a small amount of it on the gear, but Im wondering how it scales with levels. Sounds like it could be awesome if you could stack a little of it.

My main-hand weapon gives me 55. So with Transcendence, I have 117ish total, I think. I DW'd two 50 LPSS weapons and had 150+ for a little while and my Mantra of Evasion alone was giving me 8k Heals.

scy

I had to replace my +20 Staff with S/S to survive for the time being :( It'd be amazing to get +60-ish from DW + Helm though. Doubling Transcendence's output would be awesome.

Edit: Wait, it scales up to +50 or so a slot? Damn. ~200 HP/Spirit would be crazy.

Cipherr

My main-hand weapon gives me 55. So with Transcendence, I have 117ish total, I think. I DW'd two 50 LPSS weapons and had 150+ for a little while and my Mantra of Evasion alone was giving me 8k Heals.

Oh my god, thats incredible. I really need to finish leveling my Monk. Everytime I try someone PM's me like "Hey we are doing X wanna join?" heh.

Nerf nerf nerf, where's buff to legendary D:

Also I had a dream last night where I uncovered Aryan brotherhood ties in Yoshichans past. Not making this up, too weird to share?

Shouta

I had to replace my +20 Staff with S/S to survive for the time being :( It'd be amazing to get +60-ish from DW + Helm though. Doubling Transcendence's output would be awesome.

Edit: Wait, it scales up to +50 or so a slot? Damn. ~200 HP/Spirit would be crazy.

Yes, it scales up to 50 a slot but only ones I've seen that high have been Blue weapons. As far as I've checked anyway. Armor gets varying amounts, I'll have ot check though.

Oh my god, thats incredible. I really need to finish leveling my Monk. Everytime I try someone PM's me like "Hey we are doing X wanna join?" heh.

Mantra was 8k but my Wave of Light and Breath of Heaven were giving me even more as emergency heals so yeah, very good shit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nerf nerf nerf, where's buff to legendary D:

Also I had a dream last night where I uncovered Aryan brotherhood ties in Yoshichans past. Not making this up, too weird to share?
Please share :3

edit: me and Naito are currently farming act 1 boss!

ShaneB

Killed Mahda on Inferno. Easy, like all the other bosses. My current build is solid, although elites take a long time, which means DOT debuff in some cases. Still, it's much better than my previous one.
Also, dyes.
A3jFH.jpg

Been switching between multiple skills on my Wizard, granted I'm only level... 35ish, but I'll give yours a try! I'm currently using a few of those skills. Need to get into the habit of playing ranged again knowing that a Melee wizard is usually a dead Wizard in Hell and beyond. :p

Cipherr

Yes, it scales up to 50 a slot but only ones I've seen that high have been weapons. As far as I've checked anyway. Armor gets varying amounts, I'll have ot check though.

Mantra was 8k but my Wave of Light and Breath of Heaven were giving me even more as emergency heals so yeah, very good shit.

OHHHHH... Breath of Heaven is the heal right? And since it costs Spirit to use it doubles up with a 'per spirit spent' heal too? God.... the Monk class is crazy, thats a extremely fun sounding mechanic.

Dunlop

lol, I couldn't figure out why I was getting bombarded with spam for the last week.

When I reactivated my Blizzard account I needed to change my e-mail address (I left the ISP I was with when I played WOW) and in a moment of stupidity gave them my main e-mail address

Holy shit it's redonkulous

koji

Sorry if this has been asked before but is boss loot affected by creatures killed in the zone in anyway? Or was I just unlucky on Azmodan last night, rushed to him with my friends cause it was late and we only got some blue stuff. (we weren't doing "the trick" btw)

scy

OHHHHH... Breath of Heaven is the heal right? And since it costs Spirit to use it doubles up with a 'per spirit spent' heal too? God.... the Monk class is crazy, thats a extremely fun sounding mechanic.

Yup. It's pretty funny playing the "look at my HP bubble do tricks" game.

Prezhulio

got killed because of lag spikes 4 times last night. it's wearing really thin on me...

but i just thought about it - since i've been playing by myself for this first playthrough (and only have an hour here or there at peak time to play), will pressing escape during a latency spike pause the game enough that this won't happen anymore? up until now i've just been spamming q and attacks and running around hoping for the best (and getting my clocked cleaned)

Man nothing I have is selling on the AH, even for like 5k.

I'll say it again. This game is doomed if they don't find a way to get weapons and armor out of the economy some how. You can't just keep adding really nice weapons that will never go away... Eventually everyone will have super epic items and those items will be cheap, because more and more get added every day that will remain in the economy forever.

I'll repost my idea I had earlier:

Non-hardcore items at this point will be in the economy FOREVER.

I was thinking something like this for a solution: First of all, repairs should be done by the blacksmith, and you have to level your blacksmith up to repair higher level items.

Each repair of an item should cause it to lose 1 durability. When an item hits 0 durability it becomes not equipable. A high level blacksmith should be able to (for a large cost) restore the item back to its original durability minus one level.

That way it'd take thousands of deaths to actually make an item permanently broken, leveling the blacksmith has a use ("Fuck, I broke my sword and can't repair it till I level my blacksmith!"), eventually items would leave the economy, and items with the "unbreakable" stat would be worth a pretty penny.

red731

Just dropped Bonewave Hauberk from a skeleton and it is so heavy that I can't even lift it and put it in invetory. Also is solid and non-run through.

I can't try the exploit :lol, but it is still working.

edit: Nope, lag as hell. Kicked out. Relogon.

Man nothing I have is selling on the AH, even for like 5k.

I'll say it again. This game is doomed if they don't find a way to get weapons and armor out of the economy some how. You can't just keep adding really nice weapons that will never go away... Eventually everyone will have super epic items, because more and more get added every day that will remain in the economy forever.

I'll repost my idea I had earlier:

Non-hardcore items at this point will be in the economy FOREVER.

I was thinking something like this for a solution: First of all, repairs should be done by the blacksmith, and you have to level your blacksmith up to repair higher level items.

Each repair of an item should cause it to lose 1 durability. When an item hits 0 durability it becomes not equipable. A high level blacksmith should be able to (for a large cost) restore the item back to its original durability minus one level.

That way it'd take thousands of deaths to actually make an item permanently broken, leveling the blacksmith has a use ("Fuck, I broke my sword and can't repair it till I level my blacksmith!"), eventually items would leave the economy, and items with the "unbreakable" stat would be worth a pretty penny.
Presumably they'll just do a ladder reset like in D2. Not after 1week, though...

scy

Scy, you must have beaten Inferno by now with that shit

Nah :/ Haven't had the time to really do much with Inferno until this weekend. Just gotta make it through work today and then we'll see what happens~

Though, I really want to get my Wizard and DH to 60 too ... :/

red731

As I posted some posts up - EU servers - is anyone having problems right now?

goddamn at the lags now, wth

----facepalm

SleazyC

Pretty much how I got through Hell on my Monk with terrible resists. Definitely didn't work well in Inferno for me though. Mind posting a screenshot (or typing up) of the rest of your stats?

scy

I'm honestly amazed that items aren't (Account) Bound on Equip. You can buy items to use for any of your characters but can't resell. Give us more Stash space while we're at it. Have us sacrifice a goat or something, I don't know, I just need more goddamn inventory space :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom