• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Yeah ... it's not perfect at all. Seems like an act I ammy at best. Still ... the offer is up to anyone on here. If no on claims it by end of day I'm just gonna vendor it.
If you get to the point of vendoring, i'll give you 40k for it. (i'm not in inferno yet)

The D3UP is great! I believe though that it doesn't factor in set bonuses as it's reporting my DPS way below and I think it's due to missing out on the 130 dex and 7% crit from my Nat set and the other 3% from my scoundrel.

What I wound up doing was just creating a fake version of my helmet with the bonuses added in and then it was bang on.

Really useful tool!

If you get to the point of vendoring, i'll give you 40k for it. (i'm not in inferno yet)

It's yours!

I don't want your money. Though I thank you for the offer. My tag if fenderputty#1180. Add me to your friends list. I get home at around 5:30 PM Pacific FYI.

koji

Yeah ... it's not perfect at all. Seems like an act I ammy at best. Still ... the offer is up to anyone on here. If no on claims it by end of day I'm just gonna vendor it.

Yeah I get the same with items I can't sell, they piss me off and I end up vendoring them, even though they are worth more like 1678 gold :lol

Yeah I get the same with items I can't sell, they piss me off and I end up vendoring them, even though they are worth more like 1678 gold :lol

A month ago that would have sold fast. The market is so wierd right now. I'm hoping 1.0.4 comes out fast. I don't think it's going to being back a ton of people at all. Though if they fix legendaries and buff unused skills, I think it will add more lifetime to the game for me.

For now I'm just farming. I enjoy farming, but if I can't sell what I farm, what's the point?

A month ago that would have sold fast. The market is so wierd right now. I'm hoping 1.0.4 comes out fast. I don't think it's going to being back a ton of people at all. Though if they fix legendaries and buff unused skills, I think it will add more lifetime to the game for me.

For now I'm just farming. I enjoy farming, but if I can't sell what I farm, what's the point?

I found a pretty sick amulet last night (pic on the last page), that I thought was surely a $100+ item:

6% IAS
6% Crit Chance
55% Crit Damage

When I went to price check it, sure enough similar items were mostly up for 100 mil to 300 mil. However, the only one with an actual bid was at about 6.7 mil.

I'm keeping the amulet, not only because it's a hearty increase in my DPS, but also because it's equally good for any and all classes, and I'm still just on my first.

Vodh

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vodh-2936/hero/254610

Hey GAF, I've got about 2.5 mil laying around. I've just finished act 2 which was a breeze, died maybe twice - but Act 3 is a new kind of wall, can't even touch an elite pack without dying. What do? Any chance to beat the game with this and a 2.5m?

Also, how much would it cost to convert this happy slayer to a WW barb? What would I be looking for in stats?

I found a pretty sick amulet last night (pic on the last page), that I thought was surely a $100+ item:

6% IAS
6% Crit Chance
55% Crit Damage

When I went to price check it, sure enough similar items were mostly up for 100 mil to 300 mil. However, the only one with an actual bid was at about 6.7 mil.

I'm keeping the amulet, not only because it's a hearty increase in my DPS, but also because it's equally good for any and all classes, and I'm still just on my first.

Yeah ... that was a sweet amulet. I would rock it even with the decrease in life. I'm all about getting my monk as much DPS as I can right now.

I hope they increase the drop rates if the population continues to descrease. The AH was a great way to facilitate item progressiong because you can sell your stuff and buy what you want. If I can't sell anything but the best stuff anymore, what's the point? I would rather play for my upgrades.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vodh-2936/hero/254610

Hey GAF, I've got about 2.5 mil laying around. I've just finished act 2 which was a breeze, died maybe twice - but Act 3 is a new kind of wall, can't even touch an elite pack without dying. What do? Any chance to beat the game with this and a 2.5m?

Also, how much would it cost to convert this happy slayer to a WW barb? What would I be looking for in stats?

You need crit chance and damage. The amulet I just gave away would have been perfect to replace your blue ammy with too.

I'm not too familiar with Barbs, so someone else will ahve to make recomendations, but a WW barb has lots of crit % and crit damage.

2.5 million should by you one upgrade and not much beyond that. Maybe two small updrades. A decent weapon for a main hand should run you around 5-10 million alone.

Vodh

You need crit chance and damage. The amulet I just gave away would have been perfect to replace your blue ammy with too.

I'm not too familiar with Barbs, so someone else will ahve to make recomendations, but a WW barb has lots of crit % and crit damage.

2.5 million should by you one upgrade and not much beyond that. Maybe two small updrades. A decent weapon for a main hand should run you around 5-10 million alone.

That's what I was afraid of. Kinda hoped that I overlooked something and could get upgrades for a few slots for cheap ;)

That's what I was afraid of. Kinda hoped that I overlooked something and could get upgrades for a few slots for cheap ;)

I'm sure you can find small upgrades over what you have. You just can't change builds with 2.5 million.

I think WW bards dual wield. Their offhand is cheaper though because only the main hand affects damage when their doing their thing.

Rentahamster has a sweet WW barb. Check out his profile.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rentahamster-1419/hero/3634606

I hope they increase the drop rates if the population continues to descrease. The AH was a great way to facilitate item progressiong because you can sell your stuff and buy what you want. If I can't sell anything but the best stuff anymore, what's the point? I would rather play for my upgrades.
I'd be happy if they at least had your MF affect chests again. I don't even bother anymore as it's not worth the time spent to open a chest. They pretty much completely nerfed the point of Whimsyshire as well because all the clouds in there throw pathetic piles of coins for the most part.

neoism

guys I'm making ok money now.. I play about 3 or 4 times a week doing act 1 in 4 coop... friend mee..

neoism#1506

Vodh

I'm sure you can find small upgrades over what you have. You just can't change builds with 2.5 million.

I think WW bards dual wield. Their offhand is cheaper though because only the main hand affects damage when their doing their thing.

Rentahamster has a sweet WW barb. Check out his profile.

Yeah, the 2.5 mil. upgrades were meant for progression in A3 with my current build, I wasn't expecting anything more than maybe an act1 viable WW for that kind of money.

Yeah, the 2.5 mil. upgrades were meant for progression in A3 with my current build, I wasn't expecting anything more than maybe an act1 viable WW for that kind of money.

If I were you I would stop progressing and work on building a WW barb. Rentahamster has less DPS, less life and less all resists than my monk and he WRECKS act III. He pulls multiple elites. I don't even think his gear is ALL that, though it's obviously really good.

WW barb is easily the most powerful build in the entire game. It's almost stupid how powerful it is. People were bitching about DH's pre patch 1.0.3b (including me), but a WW barb makes the old DH build look like childs play.

I can't even begin to think about doing what he does.

kennah

It's yours!

I don't want your money. Though I thank you for the offer. My tag if fenderputty#1180. Add me to your friends list. I get home at around 5:30 PM Pacific FYI.
Cool! I should be able to hop on tonight. Not sure exactly when but I'm three hous ahead of you in time zones. :)

ZenaxPure

2.5 million is absolute overkill for building a WW set for act 1. With just about 350k gold I built this over the past 2 days and I can pretty much demolish act 1, I kill elite packs in a matter of seconds and I only die to dumb stuff like lag (which is a pretty big issue for me personally since my internet is crap).

That set obviously isn't done so I will put a bit more gold into it, but, with just that I can farm act 1 very very fast and easy. Like stated above, WW barb is kinda ridiculous. Using that set I actually just finished clearing act 2. Only times I really died was when going up against champions with invulnerable minions and elite packs with shield/reflect/vortex/some AOE ability. Not entirely sure how to handle those as a WW barb just yet, but I am still very new to it.

Haven't messed with Act 3 just yet, though. If the difficulty spike is anything like Act 1 -> Act 2 I will probably have to farm a bit more, especially since I wouldn't really consider Act 2 on "farm" yet.

Tom Penny

If I were you I would stop progressing and work on building a WW barb. Rentahamster has less DPS, less life and less all resists than my monk and he WRECKS act III. He pulls multiple elites. I don't even think his gear is ALL that, though it's obviously really good.

WW barb is easily the most powerful build in the entire game. It's almost stupid how powerful it is. People were bitching about DH's pre patch 1.0.3b (including me), but a WW barb makes the old DH build look like childs play.

Most people dont have 30+ million just to throw gems in sockets .. Kind of helps.

koji

Took me some time but I guess I`ve finally had it with the game. The absolute crap loot I`ve been getting the last couple of days did it for me... At around 250hours so that`s not bad for 60euro.

Still looking forward to patches and updates but for now, in the games current state, I`m done.

On to GW2 and Torchlight 2

scosher

Still looking forward to patches and updates but for now, in the games current state, I`m done.

On to GW2 and Torchlight 2

Not sure why that's in spoiler, but yeah, I'm just waiting for GW2 as well. Still logging in solely to check AH, but I should really just cash out now. Or maybe once 1.04 hits since there seems to be a lot less players/buyers lately.

ch0mp

The build actually gets more effective the more mobs you have on you. More healing coming in smooths the damage spikes and there isn't really much more hitting you. And better damage output of course.

Dahbomb

Wizard critical mass and ww barb are the two most powerful builds I have seen. Critical mass build requires good gear though, one specializing in crit and arcane boosts but ww can be played cheaper. You can build a very effective monk for cheap too but he is not going to handle multiple packs that easily.

Dh pre-1.03 was insane too, I know because I used to play her. She felt so gimped afterward but then I realized it was because I was getting by with crap gear.

ZenaxPure

Well I spent some time in Act 3 and I think it's actually very doable in my current gear, but it would be a little sketchy. Stuff still dies relatively fast but now so do I. Just WWing through a pack of mobs setting up cyclones can be dangerous, I died a few times doing it in large groups, and that is with almost 700 life on hit. Seems like most of the enemies in Act 3 hit me significantly harder than it can heal for even during WW/cyclone spam.

So, yeah, I am really squishy. I am currently running with 35k HP, 7k armor, and 680-850 resists. Should I be focusing on upping my armor or actual HP for Act 3? As for resists does a WW barb need to go higher or should I drop some of that for more offensive stats (or HP/armor)?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well I spent some time in Act 3 and I think it's actually very doable in my current gear, but it would be a little sketchy. Stuff still dies relatively fast but now so do I. Just WWing through a pack of mobs setting up cyclones can be dangerous, I died a few times doing it in large groups, and that is with almost 700 life on hit. Seems like most of the enemies in Act 3 hit me significantly harder than it can heal for even during WW/cyclone spam.

So, yeah, I am really squishy. I am currently running with 35k HP, 7k armor, and 680-850 resists. Should I be focusing on upping my armor or actual HP for Act 3? As for resists does a WW barb need to go higher or should I drop some of that for more offensive stats (or HP/armor)?

I'm squishier than you, but I also have more life on hit, and life steal too. A cheap way to survive at this point would be to search for an off hand weapon with 700+ life on hit and 200+ vitality and buy the cheapest one, regardless of DPS.

I've got 900 loh with 60k dps on my WW barb. I've only got around 35khp, though. Act 3 farming is a breeze now, specially on my own. Dat enchantress buff.

mobs that spread out, kite you and have anti melee affixes are such a fucking pain in the ass. I feel like most of the time i save on other mobs are wasted by taking forever to kill Firemage elites that have shielding, teleport, plague molten. Specially when I don't have mobs to regen fury from. :(

news soon:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6294649845

The Diablo III developers have been hard at work on some exciting new features and updates for the game. Many of you have asked for more details, and we're busily preparing several developer blogs filled with information on what's coming in patch 1.0.4. In the meantime, here's an overview of the information we're planning to share here on the Diablo III community site in the not-too-distant future.

Please keep in mind that this list isn't set in stone, but it should provide a useful preview of what we'll be revealing in the days ahead.

System Changes, by Wyatt Cheng
Senior Technical Game Designer Wyatt Cheng is preparing a high-level summary of some of the system changes planned for 1.0.4.
Legendary Item Improvements, by Andrew Chambers
Senior Game Designer Andrew Chambers is working on a blog detailing all the ways we’re making Legendary items stand out.
Magic Find Update, by Jay Wilson
Following up on earlier discussions, Game Director Jay Wilson will be providing an update on how Magic Find is evolving in patch 1.0.4.
Class Changes, by Wyatt Cheng
Wyatt will also be providing a preview of the changes we’ll be making for each class in 1.0.4 (and the philosophy behind those changes).
Patch Notes, by Lylirra
Of course, this is all building up to the actual patch 1.0.4 release, and we’ll be releasing the full patch notes shortly before the update goes live.

We're also planning to run some interviews and developer chats surrounding patch 1.0.4, and we’ll be sharing those on the Diablo III front page. Be on the lookout, as we'd love to get you involved in any live chats we host.

As always, your constructive feedback is very much appreciated. Stay tuned for the updates to follow!

ZenaxPure

Legendary Item improvements? Does that mean I should keep the 3 level 55 ones I found or something? Right now they were worse then some crap rares I had :p

I'm squishier than you, but I also have more life on hit, and life steal too. A cheap way to survive at this point would be to search for an off hand weapon with 700+ life on hit and 200+ vitality and buy the cheapest one, regardless of DPS.

I see, this is good to know. How much damage do you actually have? Fully buffed I am only at like 31k but I felt like pretty much everything was dying fast enough even in Act 3.

mobs that spread out, kite you and have anti melee affixes are such a fucking pain in the ass. I feel like most of the time i save on other mobs are wasted by taking forever to kill Firemage elites that have shielding, teleport, plague molten. Specially when I don't have mobs to regen fury from. :(

This is what got me killed in Act 2, the absolute worst is Champions with damage immune mobs. I just gave up fighting those after I couldn't kill the first and skipped the other 1 or 2 I saw in the rest of the Act. Those things seem to be a complete nightmare for me since I can get pretty much no fury.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Legendary Item improvements? Does that mean I should keep the 3 level 55 ones I found or something? Right now they were worse then some crap rares I had :p

They've said that the changes won't be retroactive.

However, the Nat's set was retroactive and they said they're gonna keep it.

So....uh, I dunno.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I see, this is good to know. How much damage do you actually have? Fully buffed I am only at like 31k but I felt like pretty much everything was dying fast enough even in Act 3.

To make this video, you can see that I equipped a high vit, high LoH offhand to increase my survivability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zio6WfZwWrQ#t=18m15s

Here's my current character:

Don't mind the weapon throw barb spec, I was just messing around the other day. If you watch the video you can see what skills I use.

ZenaxPure

That video is pretty great. Makes me wonder about something though, if I find an elite pack all by themselves should I be aggroing them and then running away to find more normal enemies to keep the fury/HP coming in? I guess logically it makes sense but I hadn't thought much about it until I was done with Act 2.

They've said that the changes won't be retroactive.

However, the Nat's set was retroactive and they said they're gonna keep it.

So....uh, I dunno.

Oh I see, I hadn't actually been keeping up with anything since I've barely had the game a week now haha. Guess I will just vendor those legendaries or something. I honestly have too much stuff I am trying to AH as is. The 10 item limit is brutal but from playing WoW for so many years I actually appreciate it. AH would be an absolute mess without it.

tafer

ZUunv.jpg

I put this bad boy today and 30 minutes later it's already at 10m, my highest bid ever! (Naturally, now I'm questioning the initial price :/)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Where can I find the most comprehensive WW barb guide?

I dunno, what do you want to know?

There's a bunch of youtube videos and probably guides on the official forums, d2jsp, or reddit if you search. I didn't really use a guide for mine; since my Wiz and DH got nerfed I decided to give barb a spin after I saw a dude named Dino post a preliminary WW barb spec a week or so before 1.0.3 hit. Then I just took it from there.

Shadow780

I dunno, what do you want to know?

There's a bunch of youtube videos and probably guides on the official forums, d2jsp, or reddit if you search. I didn't really use a guide for mine; since my Wiz and DH got nerfed I decided to give barb a spin after I saw a dude named Dino post a preliminary WW barb spec a week or so before 1.0.3 hit. Then I just took it from there.

I guess I'd to know if there're any variation to the most popular set up, or budget approach. I don't have any good mace/axe weapon yet so any substitutional set up is welcomed.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I guess I'd to know if there're any variation to the most popular set up, or budget approach. I don't have any good mace/axe weapon yet so any substitutional set up is welcomed.

Umm, I assume the most popular build is the one that Kripp uses. My build is different from his.

His is more suited to better gear and single player. Mine uses skills to offset deficiencies in gear, but not a lot of people can get used to the playstyle.

The difference pretty much comes down to just two active skills: Bash vs Overpower, and Warth of the Berserker.

Kripp uses Bash (extra fury rune) on left click and WW on right click, so he doesn't have any issues with initial fury generation A lot of people choose this setup since it's more "intuitive", I guess.

My build has WW on left click and Overpower (Crushing Advance rune) on right click. The reason I did that is because when using Overpower, plagued and molten, and pretty much most DoTs (desecration can still be a pain in the ass) are a joke. Each time Overpower reflects damage from a DoT, it triggers life on hit, so with enough life on hit, DoTs actually heal you. My critical hit chance is also high enough that the cooldown resets quickly so I can use it many times.

The problem that most people have trouble with in my build, though, is that they can't get used to having WW on left click. What I do is bind move to the 'a' key and move that way, but not everyone can adjust to that playstyle.

Wrath of the Berserker:

Kripp uses the Slaughter rune because he usually plays single player. This rune is good because you can pretty much kill any boss in 10 seconds if you have enough mobs to proc crits and AOE explosions.

For co-op, or if you don't have that high DPS, "Thrive on Chaos" rune is better since it allows you to stay in berserker mode forever until you run out of fury. In Coop when the mobs have more HP, or if your DPS is low, even if you use Slaughter, you probably won't be able to kill them within the 15 second timer anyway.

Another benefit is that since you're always in berserk mode, you can't get CCed at all. Also, it's good for farming since your movement speed is increased. If you watch my 7 elites at once video, you can see during my gathering phase that I'm in berserker mode pretty much the entire time.

Budget:

The main budget saver is to dual wield and use the cheapest high life on hit, high vitality offhand you can find. Then, you can try to get as high DPS mainhand as you can and not have to worry too much about the life on hit stat.

A low DPS offhand with at least 170+ VIT, and 600+ natural life on hit shouldn't be that expensive. If it has a socket, even better. If it has life steal too, even better.

Your next cheap source of VIT would be your pants, since they can get up to 200( I think?) natural VIT as well as 2 sockets. You should be able to buy high vit pants with at least 10-20 all resistance for relatively cheap.

Gloves, Helmet, Bracers, Rings, Amulets, you want to have crit chance. Ideally, your crit % should be 40% or higher.

Basically, you can try to maximize one valuable stat on one item at a time at first in order to save on costs. For example, a ring with just 3% crit and average other stats isn't that valuable. However, 3% crit and 200+ life on hit jacks up the price by a lot. A helm with just 6% crit and average other stats isn't that valuable, but, a helm with 6% crit and a socket is expensive.

If you can grab a belt with life steal great, but if not don't worry about it since life steal doesn't really do much until you have higher DPS.

What I did during my progression from farming act 1 to act 3 was just to have a baseline of defense so that I'm virtually unkillable - THEN build up my DPS from there.

What helped the most was to have a high enough HP pool that I didn't get 1/2/3-shot, along with enough life on hit to be able to regen the lost life as fast as possible.

If you look at my character now, I don't have that much VIT anymore. I used to rock 61k HP, but as my defense got better and my playstyle improved, I slowly swapped out the VIT gems for STR gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom