• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb dropping the knowledge...bomb.

Thanks man! May give my Monk a whirl again when 1.5 drops.

That's what we're all hoping for. That when 1.05 comes back, a bucket load of people come back and buy all my stash worth of mid-tier items :D

On the other hand, you're missing out man. 1.04 made Diablo 3 a lot of fun.

Dahbomb

A lot of people are going to come back for 1.05 but most will leave once they beat the uber bosses. Similar thing happened with 1.04 although there are way more people playing on my friends list now than in 1.03.

I hope Blizzard keeps improving the game like this with each patch. 1.04 and 1.05 are great steps in the right direction.

Have they talked about PVP?

Will it be 1v1 or like 4v4 or even bigger?

And does anyone think D3 will get some sort of expansion pack? Or is this it? I feel like we need new maps and locations eventually.

Have they talked about PVP?

Will it be 1v1 or like 4v4 or even bigger?

And does anyone think D3 will get some sort of expansion pack? Or is this it? I feel like we need new maps and locations eventually.

not a word

we have no idea how pvp will work : in this state, it can't be balance

Will it have pvp stuff ? Pvp rebalanced skills ? different levels and different loot/AH (ala hardcore) ?

When will it come ?

Not a single information

I think they are right not putting the emphasis on PvP at the moment. More people are casual loot grinders than PvPers. You have to keep the audience you have... the PvP people will always come back when it's added.

My guess is we'll get a 1.06 in Nov. and it'll probably have a crafting overhaul and more end-game additions and loot balancing.

Then they'll shift focus onto PvP and "2.0" for early next year. I imagine they'll have a resilience system similar to World of Warcraft for the basis of balancing. They'll want to impact PvE as little as possible when adding it. Maybe even new passive skills and a new passive slot to include resilience.

Well I don't play WoW and this is actually the first Diablo I've played (I've watched my friend play D2)

So I guess I don't get what I'm missing but I'm pretty happy with everything so far and especially knowing more stuff is coming and that the game isn't over when its over makes me feel okay about continuing playing it.

I also enjoy the AH putting things up watching the economy and learning what things are worth, I haven't really made my money back from the two copies I bought digitally but I get closer everyday and its fun waking up and coming home from work and seeing if anything is sold. The AH is nice because even if I don't have time to dive in and grind and play I can still get some fun in.

I'm a little addicted.

Ugh, I pray that Paragon level applies at the account level in the not too distant future, and not on a per character basis. I really want to start playing a DH, but my Wizard is Paragon 14 so I feel there's absolutely zero reason to do so.

WTF is with the AH. I click Exquisite Essence it says 302... I click it a second later it says 1002?

I know I can type a price in but wtf why is it that erratic?

tafer

xRgWq.jpg

koji

Killed Diablo last night with my WD, using almost the same gear I was using to farm act2 prior to 1.04... (did buy a new weapon though and some minor upgrades here and there)

Did some tweaking to my build, works pretty good now, it's all about "passive" damage I guess and the heavy proccing LOH spells -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/964675

Seeing my pets facetank Izual and Rakanoth just felt wrong after spending so much time playing as a CC/summoner with weak pets, having to stack CC gear for them to work a tiny bit... I never played the VQ/ZB builds or kiting with splinters so for me these changes are HUGE.

Now I need to work on getting way more damage... :)

Definity

7eQVp.png

Could I get a price check, please?

Jackpot. You win. A two socket manticore should bring in some gold. I'm going to say anywhere between 200mil - 275 mil, probably more than that - it's been awhile since I looked at manitcores.

Gratz.

Mazzo

Jackpot. You win. A two socket manticore should bring in some gold. I'm going to say anywhere between 200mil - 275 mil, probably more than that - it's been awhile since I looked at manitcores.

Gratz.

Thanks a lot.

I'm thinking about selling it for cash in the AH. Any idea how much should I ask for in USD?

So I put a storm crow in the AH for 1 million with no BO thinking is a crappy item and I will be lucky if someone buys it, keep in mind that besides Monk gear I am not expert in what constitutes top gear for other classes, whoever I am not naive enough to sell something without checking the prices and googling the item too see if it's a sought after item or not.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that the bidding ends in 30 minutes and it is already at 10 million WTF! did I just underpriced an awesome item? it didn't even have socket on it, I also sold a crappy Task and Neo I got for like 3 million.

I also have my eyes set on a nice Litany of the Undaunted ring, but with ring's stats about to be buffed I don't know if I should wait or not.

Thanks a lot.

I'm thinking about selling it for cash in the AH. Any idea how much should I ask for in USD?

to give you an idea, rumour has it, that there is this incredibly geared DH in Korea, he paid the equivalent of 7k $ for his Manticore which is said it's the best rolled so far, I don't know the specifics but he bought it trough a famous item selling site in Korea from someone who bout it in the RMAH and put it for sale on that item sale site which allowed him to sell for such a ridiculously high price.

gonna try to find his profile and post it here, his gear is just off the charts

Mazzo

to give you an idea, rumour has it, that there is this incredibly geared DH in Korea, he paid the equivalent of 7k $ for his Manticore which is said it's the best rolled so far, I don't know the specifics but he bought it trough a famous item selling site in Korea from someone who bout it in the RMAH and put it for sale on that item sale site which allowed him to sell for such a ridiculously high price.

It could get near 100% crit and 1,3k damage, so I doubt that mine could be anywhere near that valuable.

I think I'll put it up for 250 USD with no buyout and see if I get lucky.

Celegus

Wouldn't selling it for hundreds of millions be worth more if you sold the gold for $? Or does gold not sell very well anymore?

In any case, you hit the Diablo Jackpot - congrats!

Mazzo

Wouldn't selling it for hundreds of millions be worth more if you sold the gold for $? Or does gold not sell very well anymore?

In any case, you hit the Diablo Jackpot - congrats!

I dunno, because that would mean paying 15% for the gold sale and another 15% for the cash transaction, plus, all that hassle makes me nervous lol.

Sigmaah

I think I saw his Manticore, had like 1300+ dps with crit damage of 90 or 100 with 2 sockets and dex, shit was insane but for $7000 dollars?!?! LOL FUCK THAT.

Also, isn't gold like 70 cents per mill right now on rmah?

I think I saw his Manticore, had like 1300+ dps with crit damage of 90 or 100 with 2 sockets and dex, shit was insane but for $7000 dollars?!?! LOL FUCK THAT.

lol yeah

It's one of these 2 guys, they both compete with each other to be the best DH

Warning: those DPS are not for the faint of heart

http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/zeus-3725/hero/3809682

http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/이노센스-3277/hero/15866952

and here is a screen for the transaction 7,300$ for a Manticore

http://i.imgur.com/pwtZJ.jpg

What's really funny is how closely geared they both are. They have identical sets of stuff which isn't too surprising I guess.

This guy posts often on the Demon Hunter forums on Battle.net. His Manticore is pretty close to the others.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beast-1449/hero/17456233

I'm slowly building up my gear to be similar though one difference is that I'm sticking with my Legacy Nat's. I'm definitely getting there...with 2 purchases this week I jumped from 100K DPS to 124K.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
All we know of pvp

You can fight 1v1 or teams (could be just pairs)

There are potions specific to pvp iirc

You earn tokens, which you take to a vendor to exchange for product

Hardcore characters can play in pvp without risk of death

Shadow780

I've made more gold selling +exp gears under 40 than I've had selling 60 gears in a week now. Makes me want to forever stay in level 44.

What's really funny is how closely geared they both are. They have identical sets of stuff which isn't too surprising I guess.

This guy posts often on the Demon Hunter forums on Battle.net. His Manticore is pretty close to the others.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beast-1449/hero/17456233

I'm slowly building up my gear to be similar though one difference is that I'm sticking with my Legacy Nat's. I'm definitely getting there...with 2 purchases this week I jumped from 100K DPS to 124K.

What is this I don't even-

Wtf at that equipment, that is INSANE.

Any advice for my monk?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I got 50k DPS buffed and a Wave of Light build. I'll probably have around 30m in gold when i get back home and I'm not sure what to buy or change. I've been wanting a weapon with LoH + Critical damage and sock, but I can't really find anything for the gold that I got :p Same thing with helms, can't find any decent helm with what I got :O

Edit:

AAAAH crap didn`t realize I double posted. My bad.

Have you considered dual wielding? Dropping the shield for a weapon with sock and crit DMG would increase your DPS a good amount I would say.

EDIT: With 30 million I would find a comparable ammy with vit on it and swap out the sheild for a weapon with SOC and native CRIT DMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom