• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That was a pretty fun game until I realized I could almost double my high score just by hitting Up, Left, Down, Right over and over.5000+ points just doing that.

Off OT topic, but I decided to test this cause I'm bored at work.
I wrote a small script to automate the game somewhat. Data is based on 25 games.
None of the games completed successfully.

UP -> LEFT -> DOWN -> RIGHT
High score: 5384
Low score: 592
Average score: 2146.4
pictures of results

and for the hell of it...

DOWN -> RIGHT -> UP -> LEFT
High score: 7064
Low score: 676
Average score: 2484.48
pictures of results

Conclusion?
I have too much time on my hands at work.
i should be at home playing diablo

This only talks about legendary crafting, not 2h damage rolls.
I don't think it's fixed yet.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the latency i am experiencing with battle.net is so bad that i can't even go to the forums to make a post about it lol

wtf blizz :s

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
grV6Wyr.png

NA MUMBLE GAF!!!

I'll be on tonight.

#likeaboss

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUN day :D

Finally getting to communicate with both EU and US on Mumble

PEACE YALL

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This only talks about legendary crafting, not 2h damage rolls.
I don't think it's fixed yet.
Not just crafting:

ITEMS
New Affix added: +Max Spirit for Monks
This affix rolls on Fist Weapons, Spirit Stones, and Combat Staves
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where 2-Handed Legendary weapons were rolling damage appropriate to 1-handed Legendary weapons

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2H fix is orgasmic, maybe now I won't gag every time one drops.

Ceebs

So I picked up the game over the weekend when I saw it was 20 bucks at Gamestop. Got a Wizard to 60 already (that bonus EXP is not messing around).

So what should I be doing now? My gear is not great, like 55-60K damage. Just been running through the story again on Master since Torment seems kinda damage spongy still. Other than drop rate, is there any difference in loot quality?

Ashodin

Jesus IceMarker's group was sick. I've gotten like 7 legendaries over the past two hours.

CLOAK OF THE GARWULF THO

l1hv9H5.png

I look super sick now

So I picked this back up after playing like 20 hours total at launch. Any sites that can get me up to speed and give me builds and shit like that?

So, something occurred within the last hour or two that caused vault to break. There's either a slight delay when pressing the button vault is assigned to, or you don't vault at all. Sometimes after the delay, you can find yourself vaulting forward 3 or 4 times. Depending on the situation, it may not be a problem, or it may launch you into a group of nasty mobs.

I've died three times in the last hour mashing my vault button to get me out of more than one very very unfortunate jailed scenarios. Fix plz blizz.

Edit: It apparently affects teleport too. It only happens when your mouse pointer is more than 35 in game yards away from your character. Strange bug.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I ran a similar WD build as this, but I used Tribal Rites+Spirit Vessel instead of Pierce The Veil+Zombie Handler. With mana regen gear you can spam Spirit Walk and makes you practically invincible.

Spirit Vessel for PtV I can see, but why Tribal Rites for Zombie Handler? Seems counterproductive? Curious to see if that would play well with my playstyle.

Not sure if it's been noted yet, but the guaranteed legendary that got moved from Skeleton King to Diablo got reset with the patch, so go ahead and grab an easy legendary off him with all your characters.

Kvik

Spirit Vessel for PtV I can see, but why Tribal Rites for Zombie Handler? Seems counterproductive? Curious to see if that would play well with my playstyle.

I used Gargantuan+Wrathful Protector and since Tribal Rites lowers cooldown by 25% I can keep him up without worrying about running into elite mobs while still waiting the cooldown timer to expire (I'm at 23% movement speed or so). I also put all my paragon points to Cooldown Reduction to make it even less.

GorillaJu

Not sure if it's been noted yet, but the guaranteed legendary that got moved from Skeleton King to Diablo got reset with the patch, so go ahead and grab an easy legendary off him with all your characters.

You mean without resetting we can just go in and fight diablo once for our first leg?

eek5

I killed Diablo earlier and didn't get a legendary from it. I should try it on other characters though.

wallach and i boosted each other to diablo

i got leg on all 5 of my chars (4 which reset and 1 that hasn't killed diablo since 2.0.1 patch). wallach got it on his 3 level 60 chars

you don't have to do any of the quests. just have someone port you into prime evil quest or whatever the last one is

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I killed Diablo earlier and didn't get a legendary from it. I should try it on other characters though.

Quests probably weren't reset.

On that note, do you need to do every single quest before you can reset?

*edit* Just sold a whole bunch of flawless square diamonds for 70,000 gold each.

Why didn't I buy hundreds when they were going for 62 gold each? :'(

Ashodin

wallach and i boosted each other to diablo

i got leg on all 5 of my chars (4 which reset and 1 that hasn't killed diablo since 2.0.1 patch). wallach got it on his 3 level 60 chars

you don't have to do any of the quests. just have someone port you into prime evil quest or whatever the last one is
This is akin to SK before patch, same way.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why, but I always expect our maintenance to go smoother than the US as they already know about and have solutions for patching issues, but that's never the case.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
And the stupidity of "smart" drops rears it's ugly head
screenshot0177aqfy.jpg

A weapon that has virtually zero chance of ever being useful for an int class rolls int because it dropped for my wizard.

No more farming on one character for good gear on another...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom