• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eww they charge you tax on your blizzbucks?

Just won a upgrade for my boots 12% movement 13%MF 180dex 80 vit and some AR for 1.86 and it came to 2.02

MrDaravon

Wow, enemies have to be nearly on top of you for Steady Aim to not trigger. Please note I am terrible at taking screenshots, the highlighted enemy is not the closest enemy to me just in case that is not obvious.

Steady Aim still active:
(full screenshot link for perspective: http://i.imgur.com/Oaqcx.jpg)
blIt9.png

Steady Aim not activated (you can see the Damage stat has changed):
(full screenshot link for perspective: http://i.imgur.com/zT0lM.jpg)
tSsjO.png

That's much, much closer than I would have thought.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
People who aren't getting legendaries you probably just arent farming efficiently. You need to constantly farm too, you can't play an hour a day and expect one every time.

I'm p18 so almost by definition I've farmed a lot. It isn't even the fact that I've had no legendaries that bothers me but the fact that nothing ever drops of value. It is stupid.

I usually just hit the high mob density areas and always ignore the destructibles that are out of my way because, yes, it isn't efficient to check them out.

MrDaravon

Man, I should have just googled that lol. But yeah, Steady Aim is working well for me, if something is that close to me either I'm confident that it's dead, or I'm bailing.

Also holy crap at a 16 level reduced requirement; how high of a requirement can you have? I don't think I'd ever seen anything below maybe 6 or 7 before.

WzvNP.png

tinantlu

was just playing a public game in act 1 Nightmare, when a legendary dagger called Pig Sticker dropped

have any of you ever used this thing? It's not great at all, but it has a stat that simply says "Squeal!"

and then, full on Blizzard style, it makes a squealing noise when you attack with it

Just made it to act III inferno, and I'm wondering what the best area order is for farming as well as which quest to start on. My Google-fu is failing me.

Just made it to act III inferno, and I'm wondering what the best area order is for farming as well as which quest to start on. My Google-fu is failing me.

I usually do The Keep Depths, Rakkis Crossing and Arreat Crater onward and start on the second part of the Siegebreaker quest.

Edit: Yeah, if you don't want to kill Siegebreaker it's probably fastest to do what Pyro said.

if you just want to straight kill a lot of elites and then start over and do it again just pick the Kill Azmodan spawn point. Hit up the keeps, the tower of the damned/cursed, core of arreat and azmodan.

There are other spots but they aren't as hot as those ones. Actually the battlefield just before the bridge of korsikk usually has easy access to 2-4 elites.

Dahbomb

Upgraded my DH, please lemme know what else I need to improve on, thanks!

More Vit?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sigma-1440/hero/14613381
All of your gems should be at least Star quality by now.

You can probably get a better Inna belt than that, right now it's only paying for the set bonuses.

I still think you are missing out on a lot of DPS by going dual wield but at least it's a set piece dual wield with some nice perks.

Talaysen

Hi, anyone want to add me on US? Talaysen#1383 . My friend list kind of died like a week ago so I've just been hopping on Act 3 public games and it's a bit boring. Speaking of which, anyoen know if it's better to do Ghom runs or the later quests in public games? I have a little trouble running it alone but can do fine in a group.

Sigmaah

Could get a newer version of Andy's Visage with more crit and a socket. Also your shoulders could have more dex.

Will do once I get more gold. (Who knows when that'll happen...)

All of your gems should be at least Star quality by now.

You can probably get a better Inna belt than that, right now it's only paying for the set bonuses.

I still think you are missing out on a lot of DPS by going dual wield but at least it's a set piece dual wield with some nice perks.

I'll try to look for a better inna belt when I get back on. I'm just trying out the dual wielding and seeing how I like it, crit chance is at 42.50 with 293% crit damage, gotta get more crit damage but it's near 300 with 2 1H bows so that's an improvement for me. Also have base 62K damage now. With my 2H Xbox it was at 72K

I wanna use a 2H xbow but the only one that's worth to equip IMO is a Manticore with 2 sockets. If I ever hit big again, I'll be aiming for a manticore.

Definity

Got a cindercoat with only two sockets today that's not really worth anything but then a few mins later I actually get myself an upgrade. Can't remember the last time a rare dropped that was an upgrade.

iTxEiLirp4aeX.png

I just got another 2 legendaries in the span of 1 hour. Not so great though. One terrible one not even worth saying by name, and the other an amulet that isn't so hot as well. Meh.

Insaniac

I just got another 2 legendaries in the span of 1 hour. Not so great though. One terrible one not even worth saying by name, and the other an amulet that isn't so hot as well. Meh.

how much do you play a day pyro and what kind of mouse do you use? I can't even play for more than a couple hours a day cause i guess my mouse is not ergonomic and my index finger gets tender from clicking so damn much

how much do you play a day pyro and what kind of mouse do you use? I can't even play for more than a couple hours a day cause i guess my mouse is not ergonomic and my index finger gets tender from clicking so damn much
I played about 4 hrs a day before 2 weeks ago for a long time. Maybe more if I can't sleep. Now I'm down to like 3 hours, but again it's always up or down depending on work I have to get done/sleep I can't do :p

I use some normal cheap mouse. Not a gaming one or anything lol. I don't click that much though. As a glass cannon demon hunter things die pretty damn fast and there is very little individual clicking so I have that going for me.

Rokam

So I just recently started playing again to try and scrape together a few blizzard bucks to buy the WoW expansion. Just finished Act 1 Inferno (Paragon 2) is the best spot to farm in act 1 still doing the last area of Act 1, from the prison onward?

Xanathus

Bought a socketed Str Sun Keeper with 42% MF, now the legendaries will be rolling in like Pyro!

So I just recently started playing again to try and scrape together a few blizzard bucks to buy the WoW expansion. Just finished Act 1 Inferno (Paragon 2) is the best spot to farm in act 1 still doing the last area of Act 1, from the prison onward?
There are guides online which list the optimal places where elites spawn and have low sizes, look it up. Typically you start by looking for Watch Tower and if it did not spawn you restart the game. Then Festering Woods, Cemetery, Leoric's Manor and all the way to Butcher. You can skip that rescuing prisoners part if you choose the last quest.

And now I think I want a Mempo of Twilight because they look so badass...

VYY3q.jpg

MrDaravon

I have yet to get anything even remotely decent or sellable from a boss.

Hey Pyro, do you mind linking to your profile again? The Act 2 run is a breeze, after upgrading Act 3 is doable but still can be annoying, would like to see what your gear looks like.

I have yet to get anything even remotely decent or sellable from a boss.

Hey Pyro, do you mind linking to your profile again? The Act 2 run is a breeze, after upgrading Act 3 is doable but still can be annoying, would like to see what your gear looks like.
Before you look, so you get a more accurate idea. There are things you can't see. With the scoundrel buffs my crit chance is about 45%. My crit damage is actually 300 something percent. I think that's about it for differences.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PyroX4-1239/hero/2452618

My gear is all stuff you can get for relatively cheap, I've spent almost nothing on it. I have a bow sitting in my stash that raises my DPS by 10K but I haven't decided if I want to sell it or use it lol. The bow you see equipped on me is the one I use and have a fine time with. Act 3 + 4 are EASILY doable with the gear you see there.

MrDaravon

I am apparently terrible then. My stuff seems to be largely better than yours except for the uber crit damage, but I'm also running Elemental Arrow. I tried the Cluster Bomb build you're running a couple of weeks ago, wasn't really my style at all honestly. I've also only got 37% MF including my Follower versus your 97%, so that's probably making a decent difference as far as the drops you're getting. When you're doing Act 3 runs do you die often? Since I upgraded I'm not dying nearly as much in Act 3, but I'm still dying just enough to be annoying and putting me off a bit from doing it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I am apparently terrible then. My stuff seems to be largely better than yours except for the uber crit damage, but I'm also running Elemental Arrow. I tried the Cluster Bomb build you're running a couple of weeks ago, wasn't really my style at all honestly. I've also only got 37% MF including my Follower versus your 97%, so that's probably making a decent difference as far as the drops you're getting. When you're doing Act 3 runs do you die often? Since I upgraded I'm not dying nearly as much in Act 3, but I'm still dying just enough to be annoying and putting me off a bit from doing it.

Pyro is an anomaly, although tallied up I guess I'm one too with 14 legendaries since the patch.

At base I have over 100% MF or so thanks to Paragon/Follower. 352% in Act 2 if I use my MF gear with actual Crit/Crit dmg being 41%/359% if I recall correctly.

Here's my DH for reference, http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tunesmith-1650/hero/5599681

I rarely die in Act 3, only if the game feels the need to "random generate" asshole mortar/fast/desecrator/reflect elite packs repeatedly.

M.D

I don't know what to do :(

I love to explore every map and see it complete, but it takes time that I could use to advance in the game. I just started Act 2 on Nightmare, but I'd probably be on my way to Act 3 if I didn't explore every map in Act 1.

SRTtoZ

First beat the entire act. Then for farming what I do is the seigebreaker quest but I go to the beginning of the act and farm the entire map. It nets me 3 full tabs of 61-63 rares and the occasional set/legendary. It takes me roughly 2 hours, but i have 125k unbuffed dps as a DH (I dont use sharpshooter either).

If anyone ever wants to farm add me. I live in NY. Im usually on anytime after 3pm EST.

SRTtoZ#1579 (paragon 27)

Rufus

Sounds awfully tedious.
And I wouldn't want to start the gear treadmill all over again, since I'm not exactly keen on the loot in this game.

Revoh

Nice find!

Whats your Act 3 route?

It depends, if I'm playing solo I pick kill the Siegebreaker waypoint.
I clear the keeps 1, 2 and 3, get 5 stacks and go kill the siege and then proceed normally till Azmodan.

If I play in a pub game I just go with the flow, sometimes I do full act 3 runs.
I don't use MF gear, in fact my MF is 144% with 5 stacks and paragon lvl 18. I get a little MF from my enchantress but that's it.

All of your gear needs more All Res and/or Vit. Start replacing all of your gear with stuff that have those, if money is an issue then you can ignore Dex or keep it low. Gear that is missing main stats (Str/Dex/Int) but has high Vit and All-res can be had for very cheap.

So all-resistance is still important for a monk with One with Everything balancing all resistances? I didn't know that. I will slowly begin purchasing gear with more vitality (with crit chance/attack speed). How much vitality should I have to be able to run Act II?

Xanathus

So all-resistance is still important for a monk with One with Everything balancing all resistances? I didn't know that. I will slowly begin purchasing gear with more vitality (with crit chance/attack speed). How much vitality should I have to be able to run Act II?

It's very hard to tell since it's also dependent on your life on hit and how monks play e.g. are you using that Sweeping Winds build or whatever. Best way is to just keep testing it yourself after each upgrade.

kennah

I don't know what to do :(

I love to explore every map and see it complete, but it takes time that I could use to advance in the game. I just started Act 2 on Nightmare, but I'd probably be on my way to Act 3 if I didn't explore every map in Act 1.
You explore on your normal runthrough and your inferno farming. Everything else you should power through as fast as you can.

Also never pick up anything white. It doesn't sell for enough to be worth it

linsivvi

I'm going to say anywhere around 25 - 30mil maybe more with vit. If it would have rolled crit chance it would've been godly but still enjoy the gold.

Yeah, one with crit chance is certainly a $100M+ item, but as is, any ring and boots from the Natalya set is highly sort after.

Alienups

Alien! What's your tag?!

I think mine is nathan311#1918. Not 100% sure. Sitting in work orientation.

I finally got something to sell good. 3 socket chest with 171 vitality. Net me 5 million.

Which server you on ? If you're in the US we won't be able to play together since i'm in the EU region, which is balls.

just found this, pity it lacks a socket

Screenshot011.jpg

Definity

Just missed a fist weapon with 820 dps, native crit 60%, socket, loh 600, spirit regen, and lpss all for 5 mil!

I knew I should have pressed buy-out before I even thought about it. Grrr.

pompidu

So I bought this game a couple days ago. I'm a lvl 20 dh, Amy tips for what I should be concentrating on? Any advice would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom