• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PAX demo screenshots

raven777

searched but couldn't find it.

5XENNRIEV0BX1363395016615.jpg

JFJNMN7QBJT91363395018429.jpg

8QN5YHJ8UNHN1363395818974.jpg

the PAX demo will have Act 3 and you will be able to control either Demon Hunter or Barbarian.

bosses and monsters are also tuned for console version.

source

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
eck. Did they confirm same screen co-op for this version? that MIGHT get me interested.

just give me BG:DA 3 already. I'll kickstart it

Victrix

*beard*
Playing Diablo 3 on a gamepad would fundamentally alter the gameplay balance, we can't support that, or WASD movement.

rockx4

Looks terrible, which is surprising, D3 doesn't even look very good graphically. I might get it though if they allow us to use our B.net account/characters from the PC version. Has cross play with PC been announced?

R1CHO

I would like to try the game with direct control, the pc version, but the fine folks of Blizzard won't make that happen.

And yes, it looks like shit, pc version also looks like shit without AA or at that resolution.

Playing Diablo 3 on a gamepad would fundamentally alter the gameplay balance, we can't support that, or WASD movement.

What is the balance for? Ah, dat multiplayer.

Ploid 3.0

Graphics don't matter for D3, it looks so so already. Some people even lower the graphics and remove aa so for performance and better control. No excuses or risks kind of thing.

As much as I hate to double dip, especially on this game, I might. I played a TON of D2 back in the day, but these days I really don't care for click to move gameplay at all. i thought Torchlight was so much better on a controller with direct control, and I expect this to be similar.

Savitar

I'll be curious to see what the sells are for this game on console when it's all said and done. Diablo III has sold truck loads but the backlash has also been immense.

deleted

Doesn't look to bad, the art seems to work pretty well in these screens.

Obviously the PC version looks better, but that was to be expected. If I was interested in D3 and had no capable PC this would look promising (if it runs at a stable 30/60 FPS and maybe it will even run without constant mikro-stuttering on consoles?!).

That said, don't wait for it because you want a continuation of D1/2 atmosphere and story - it didn't deliver on that side, but the core gameplay is nice and a good evolution of the ARPG formula.

Gandie

PC version looks fine in my opinion, but this has severe problems, like the lack of AA and horrible textures.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I thought it was looking good until I started reading the replies lol. D3 looks nice no matter what. I too had jaggies on PC until I tweaked my graphics settings.

The PC version looks better with AA switched off - the ingame option anyway. Worth noting that I'm playing at 1920x1200 though - so mileage may differ.

Looks terrible, which is surprising, D3 doesn't even look very good graphically. I might get it though if they allow us to use our B.net account/characters from the PC version. Has cross play with PC been announced?

With gameplay supposedly rebalanced for console play I have a hard time seeing them doing this.

Bedlam

If it has offline-play and same-screen coop, I might consider a purchase. Then again, the core game is kinda busted and I still don't like that WoW-ish art style.

Vexxan

Doesn't look too hot. I have no intention of buying it on console anyway but I would like to see some video footage.

Corto

I'll be alright with the lack of AA if it runs smooth at a respectable frame rate. Curious to see PS4 shots for comparison though.

Zaventem

An ugly game even uglier.Also why did they change the HUD so drastically? the PC one looks better and can fit perfectly fine.I think getting rid of the globe like health meter that the series is known for makes it even less diablo like.

Zaventem

Yeah i remember people on these forums saying the game looked great for a PC game.The hype really went to their head back then.

Top Bottom