• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Soul Harvest fall out of favor in the witch doctor community? I rarely see it in builds anymore. I just added it to my build to boost my dps. Did it get replaced by Big Bad Voodoo as the go to damage buff spell?

DSmalls84

Did Soul Harvest fall out of favor in the witch doctor community? I rarely see it in builds anymore. I just added it to my build to boost my dps. Did it get replaced by Big Bad Voodoo as the go to damage buff spell?

It seems like last time I looked at the tooltip for Soul Harvest they changed the buff values to make them much less significant.

Welp, despite having a physical copy of the regular version pre-ordered and fully paid for, I bought the digital CE so I can start playing tonight at 9. It was all to easy, just a few clicks in my b.net client.

Sanctuary

So has there been any news yet as to whether or not ladder is actually going to be implemented at launch? That's one of the few reasons I even considered getting the expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So has there been any news yet as to whether or not ladder is actually going to be implemented at launch? That's one of the few reasons I even considered getting the expansion.

Definitely not at launch, but it's something they are planning to address in the immediate post-launch timeframe, I believe.

Aw fuck they turned the 100% XP buff off! Dammit I still need to lvl my demon hunter up 16 more levels before I get to play ROS! Son of a bitch lol

I've yet to see any WD worth their salt *not* have Soul Harvest slotted.

Aw fuck they turned the 100% XP buff off! Dammit I still need to lvl my demon hunter up 16 more levels before I get to play ROS! Son of a bitch lol

mfxzbhxkwyzn7vyijjag.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You know what, FUCK sleeping or napping I dont do that shit

HYPE!!!!!

scoobs

Not really. It's a $20 expansion being sold at double that. But Blizzard knows its audience will pay that.

I'd say the average amount of time that perspective buyers of D3:RoS will play at the very minimum is 20 hours, and the hardcore will play thousands... $40 seems pretty reasonable.

Sanctuary

I'd say the average amount of time that perspective buyers of D3:RoS will play at the very minimum is 20 hours, and the hardcore will play thousands... $40 seems pretty reasonable.

You can't really put a value on replayability though. If you could, then both CD2 and LoD would have been worth a couple hundred to some.

What exactly makes it $20? Or any price for that matter?

How much was Diablo 3? How many acts and classes did it have? Even Blizzard was considering releasing RoS at $30, but just decided "fuck it, they'll pay more". This is what happens when your biggest franchise makes monthly revenue. Gotta make up for it somehow when releasing other titles that do not have monthly fees attached.

Wolfie5

It seems like last time I looked at the tooltip for Soul Harvest they changed the buff values to make them much less significant.

Really? I still use it with Vengeful rune and I felt like it was still good. Maybe I should check the values, but I thought they had buffed it with 2.0 patch?

LogicStep

So is the digital delux worth the extra money? It just seems like too much money for not so much added value over the regular edition...

scoobs

You can't really put a value on replayability though. If you could, then both CD2 and LoD would have been worth a couple hundred to some.

How much was Diablo 3? How many acts and classes did it have? Even Blizzard was considering releasing RoS at $30, but just decided "fuck it, they'll pay more". This is what happens when your biggest franchise makes monthly revenue. Gotta make up for it somehow when releasing other titles that do not have monthly fees attached.

I'm just saying.. you can't really feel like you've been ripped off if you're putting 100+ hours into something. At least I can't.

1337Sauce

Buying from Canada, is it going to be straight 39.99 or can I expect a change? Just asking because I need to put a certain amount on my card before I hit purchase!

Takuan

So is the digital delux worth the extra money? It just seems like too much money for not so much added value over the regular edition...

You answered your own question, breh. If there were more Diablo-specific special items, I probably would've bought it. The cross-game stuff makes me feel like I'd be paying for things I don't want.

Physical CE has that art book though. I feel like I'm missing out, but maybe I'll be able to buy the book for $30 or so somewhere down the line used.

Sanctuary

I'm just saying.. you can't really feel like you've been ripped off if you're putting 100+ hours into something. At least I can't.

Eh, I'm not sure feeling ripped off actually matters or not. We often pay much more than what something is actually worth. If you base it off of the additional content alone, it's not worth $40. Personal enjoyment is an entirely different factor altogether.

Hey, I paid $40 for it too, but then I'm being foolishly optimistic that it's not going to somehow be a repeat of Diablo 3 at launch even with all of the changes.

Strider

It's pretty standard for single player DLC with 3-4 hours of story to be released for $15 now, so with that being said....

RoS comes with 3-4 hours of story, a new class, new items/gear, and a new gamemode. I'd say that's worth more than $20... maybe not quite the $40 they are charging but it is what it is. $40 is easily worth it given the amount of time I'll play RoS.

Erudite

Buying from Canada, is it going to be straight 39.99 or can I expect a change? Just asking because I need to put a certain amount on my card before I hit purchase!
If you mean digitally from the Blizzard store, it'll be about $45.

44.7481 CAD to be exact at the time of this writing (Edit: according to xe.com).

That's how I feel about it. At the same time, it's worth $40 to me because of the amount of time I'll put in. Guess I fell into the trap.

The main game did come with a lot more stuff and only cost 50% more.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Ping was getting too ridiculous on the asia servers (Was averaging 1200+ms before I quit) but got a crusader up to 8. Seems like a lot of fun, think I'm going to try and get one up before jumping into act v proper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sleep is for the weak, and those who do not want to play RoS when it launches.

There are no brakes on this hype train.

WAIT, WHAT

You don't honestly think I was going to sleep on launch, right? RIGHT?

LogicStep

Also, last night I started playing again and was leveling a wizard, around level 20+ and I noticed I could select any of the difficulties. Can I play on hard at my level for example? Didn't look into it but I would think you would level up faster but then wouldn't the game be too hard?

RS4-

For the digital purchase, I had no tax charged. Or maybe because I used bnet balance. But I believe someone else mentioned no tax as well when they purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom