• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

What classes/builds use Azurewrath? I know I've seen some folks mention trying to get one, but not sure what for. Asking because I just found this (haven't rolled anything) on my DH:

rdZht9N.jpg

Not sure if it's any good, and/or if re-rolling the attack speed to a primary stat would be preferable to also allow it to be used by multiple classes?

Frozen orb wizards, if they're still a thing (used to be when RoS launched)

Cold EQ barbs, I remember FixatedCrab saying they were good.

If you wanna try out a frozen orb wizard I'd reroll aspd for int. Don't know if it's BiS for a barb.

CRA5H

Seeing 3 diff meteors crash down on your enemies with the Tals proc is so satisfying. Now only if I can somehow get an arcane meteor to come down as well.

Anyway, can anyone direct me to some popular builds for a WD? I have enough gear to spec him in whichever element because of my wiz picking up a lot of int gear. My WD is at 69 and I've just been lvling him up with rift exp since lvl 44 so I'm not really in the know with witch doctors.

So I'm currenfly atm looking for Sun Keeper and some Amulet that sucks some elemental damage like Mara's Kaleidoscope and I'm done with the WD

jkanownik

What classes/builds use Azurewrath? I know I've seen some folks mention trying to get one, but not sure what for. Asking because I just found this (haven't rolled anything) on my DH:

rdZht9N.jpg

Not sure if it's any good, and/or if re-rolling the attack speed to a primary stat would be preferable to also allow it to be used by multiple classes?

I use it on my lightning barb. I rerolled the cold damage to strength. The freezing is very useful by itself.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
it eats walls?

Yes, as far as I can tell it affects every elite affix. Walls disappear. Fire chains go away. Molten explosions finish the pre-animation and then nothing happens. Orbiter, frozen, arcane, plague, etc, all gone.

The only one I've noticed it doesn't affect is Wormhole.

It's a fantastic utility spell for solo and groups. With 4 wizards on a rotation you can pretty much ignore elite affixes. I suggested a similar rune for cyclone strike because it's so good.

ZenaxPure

Yes, as far as I can tell it affects every elite affix. Walls disappear. Fire chains go away. Molten explosions finish the pre-animation and then nothing happens. Orbiter, frozen, arcane, plague, etc, all gone.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't effect thunderstorm either, as my wizard friend complains about that one a lot.

Also worth noting it consumes projectiles, even those from white mobs. Basically: fuck you wasps.

bcl0328

It's a fantastic utility spell for solo and groups. With 4 wizards on a rotation you can pretty much ignore elite affixes. I suggested a similar rune for cyclone strike because it's so good.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't effect thunderstorm either, as my wizard friend complains about that one a lot.

Also worth noting it consumes projectiles, even those from white mobs. Basically: fuck you wasps.

alright, i'm sold. switched.

i like how it eats those explosions on the ground. those always one shot me.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Oh right, with thunderstorm there's nothing to vacuum up. It has a similar problem with electrified since the little sparks are generated continuously.

StuffRuff

Hi all, long time lurker just been activated so a quick hello before anything else.

I've just managed to get a Gyrfalcons foote on my crusader after many weeks of using my jekanboard with a two hander. Also managed in the last 2 days to get RRoG (after too many act 1 bounty farms) and all the plans I need for aughilds set, cains set and also grabbed a couple pieces of Akkhan. So feels like a great couple of days of looting! Can definitely tell the bonus boost still taking effect and my BS spam build is finally taking shape. Feel like it will take forever to get all those pieces of Akkhan and a FoTF for end game though...

Insaniac

Okay, need an opinion guys, is this gift of silaria worth using over the Thunderfury or is the thunderfury proc just that good?

Cndbtdj.png

DiabloGAF I need advice before I do something stupid. Armor or Area Damage for CDR? I just got my 5 piece Akkhan set + RROG and I'm freaking out right now.

rBv0sgE.png

also, I'm going for the Darklight/FotH/Fire Starter build, and I don't have Lidless Wall yet, but I figure this will do in the mean time. Roll off block chance for crit chance seem good?

uKLp5Tj.png

Zaptruder

Banned
Okay, need an opinion guys, is this gift of silaria worth using over the Thunderfury or is the thunderfury proc just that good?

Cndbtdj.png

Those are some goddamn magic rolls on the Silaria. I haven't seen another 1h with as much damage as that myself... and I suspect, if the difference were common, that not nearly as many people would be excited about TF/SoH/Odyn son.

Tarazet

Those are some goddamn magic rolls on the Silaria. I haven't seen another 1h with as much damage as that myself... and I suspect, if the difference were common, that not nearly as many people would be excited about TF/SoH/Odyn son.

Silaria is one of the very, very few weapons with 5 primary affixes, so it has the potential, albeit slim, to be the best 1-handed weapon. Won Khim Lau is another one, but it's a Monk fist weapon and it has Lightning Skill damage baked in.

CRA5H

Anyone know of some good WD builds?

I'm looking here (http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/witch-doctor) but it's hard to put into context which one would suit me best without showing what gear is used. I don't have anything special in particular for gear and I haven't chosen a spec yet. He just hit 70 last night so a lot of my old wiz gear is transferring over to him until I find WD gear.

Azulsky

I'm looking here (http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/witch-doctor) but it's hard to put into context which one would suit me best without showing what gear is used. I don't have anything special in particular for gear and I haven't chosen a spec yet. He just hit 70 last night so a lot of my old wiz gear is transferring over to him until I find WD gear.

You are basically going to use what you find..

A good starter build is usually focused around using a big mana spender like zombie bears to clear packs. I used a spirit barrage focused build before i came across the good legendaries.

You get into specialty builds when you get a big item like Mask of Jeram or Carnevil.

You pretty much always are going to use Spirit Walk, Big Bad Voodoo, and Pirahnado

Soul Harvest is good for the INT stacks.

Throw your Paragon Utility points into Life on Hit an then use Life Leech Zombie dogs to keep you alive.

Passives that are pretty common are Pierce the Veil, Grave Injustice, Spirit Vessel.

If you do a mana starving build you may be able to make use of Rush of Essence and Blue Ritual, if the spell applies to Rush of Essence.

Synchophants passive works if you have a decent attack speed(1.8 or higher imo). The best Primary for generating them is Plague of Toads, Rain of Toads rune

CRA5H

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll test out some of those builds today and see what suits with the gear I have. So far I have 1 leg item that's WD gear specific and its the tiklandian mask I found on my wiz.

Taz

Pet doctor is the easiest to start with, I don't know what sets you have to craft or if you have the 1+set ring you can get to T3 easy.

Left click - rain of toads
Right click Spirit Walk any rune you like
Slot 1 leeching dogs
Slot 2 big bad voodoo
Slot 3 piranado
Slot 4 gargantuan which every rune you like

Passive,

Fletish sycop
Pierce the Vail
Fierce loyalty
Then pick any last one,

If you have the ring craft cains gloves/boots and leggings and auighilds shlouders bracers/chest

A good WD starter set is blackthrons as well

Ultratech

Under normal circumstances, I'd say go with TF (the proc is pretty damn good), but the DPS on that Silaria is so bonkers, I'd go with it for more damage.

You got very lucky in that it got some damn amazing rolls.

scy

DiabloGAF I need advice before I do something stupid. Armor or Area Damage for CDR? I just got my 5 piece Akkhan set + RROG and I'm freaking out right now.

also, I'm going for the Darklight/FotH/Fire Starter build, and I don't have Lidless Wall yet, but I figure this will do in the mean time. Roll off block chance for crit chance seem good?

I'd probably roll off the Armor on the Shoulders since it's not adding that much. Really, I'd just keep looking for better Shoulders anyway and just treat these as a temporary pair so I wouldn't worry too much over which to get rid of.

As for the Shield, yeah, Block% -> CC% is about all you can do.

I mean, most of the excess damage on that is from the IAS%. If your build isn't one that greatly benefits from IAS%, it's a lot of "fluff" in the sheet DPS. Most the proc weapons will still be better than it simply due to the same damage range and getting a lot of added damage on top. The tooltip DPS on the weapon doesn't actually mean too much.

That said, MM Conflag actually does want a decent APS so it's not that bad here if that's the spec he's running.

The Cowboy

Man the drop rate of Gloves of Wisdom and legs in general for Act 2 cache's is crap, I've lost count of how many Act 2 cache's I've opened now and I've not seen a single leg at all (all T2 versions).

th3dude

Hi all, long time lurker just been activated so a quick hello before anything else.

I've just managed to get a Gyrfalcons foote on my crusader after many weeks of using my jekanboard with a two hander. Also managed in the last 2 days to get RRoG (after too many act 1 bounty farms) and all the plans I need for aughilds set, cains set and also grabbed a couple pieces of Akkhan. So feels like a great couple of days of looting! Can definitely tell the bonus boost still taking effect and my BS spam build is finally taking shape. Feel like it will take forever to get all those pieces of Akkhan and a FoTF for end game though...

Grats! I've been doing the same for a while. 2h + Jekangbord. Really hope to get the Foote soon. My build is really coming together except that damn weapon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man the drop rate of Gloves of Wisdom and legs in general for Act 2 cache's is crap, I've lost count of how many Act 2 cache's I've opened now and I've not seen a single leg at all (all T2 versions).

Not just Act 2, but Act 1 too. I've been trying to get a better Ring of Royal Grandeur and my girlfriend been trying to just GET one, but not a single leg have dropped from the cache since weeks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
anyone know if force weapon procs arcane tal meteor?

I was asking the question sooner, since i was able to get Arcane Meteor to fall despite not using any Arcane spells other than Magic Weapon with Force Weapon rune.

Turns out its my Enchantress auto attack that does it. When she's not around, no Arcane Meteors falls. It's surprising... no one would think her attacks would count as your own for the Talrasha set.

Not just Act 2, but Act 1 too. I've been trying to get a better Ring of Royal Grandeur and my girlfriend been trying to just GET one, but not a single leg have dropped from the cache since weeks.

Yeah. While I'm more receptive to seasons with this new drop rate, I don't think I could handle going for rrogs all over again

I think someone mentioned it but it'd be cool if that affix was in the hellfire ring

CRA5H

I was asking the question sooner, since i was able to get Arcane Meteor to fall despite not using any Arcane spells other than Magic Weapon with Force Weapon rune.

Turns out its my Enchantress auto attack that does it. When she's not around, no Arcane Meteors falls. It's surprising... no one would think her attacks would count as your own for the Talrasha set.
I can second this. When I didn't have any fire DMG, my enchantress was proccing fire meteor. Forget what skill she has but now that I think about it, it could be the maximus I have equipped on her that's proccing the fire meteor instead.

I'd probably roll off the Armor on the Shoulders since it's not adding that much. Really, I'd just keep looking for better Shoulders anyway and just treat these as a temporary pair so I wouldn't worry too much over which to get rid of.

As for the Shield, yeah, Block% -> CC% is about all you can do.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing last night since I couldn't wait. My shoulders, and almost all of my Akkhan set could use better rolls so I'll keep looking. Unfortunately I lost a lot All Resist after switching over to Akkhan and I'm feeling a bit squishy. Really happy with my gloves though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BarrowRoll-1241/hero/43684972

Still need Akkhan pants, then I can drop the RROG and use the Unity combo.

Found tall man's finger on my wd and replaced my SOJ with it, surprisingly large clear speed boost despite losing 30 percent elite dmg.

Now my wd is no longer trash tier.

I doubt I'll be using it for long though, just need jade gloves and pants to have my full frost haunt gear ready.

With mask of jerum my single zombie dog is critting for 40 million.

now i just need to find tasker and theo. which just refuse to drop.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

rBv0sgE.png

I'd say reroll the armor, Area damage is pretty damn nice for crusader. Not to mention crusader has a shit ton of innate toughness and if you need more you can get it through passives, I don't think the armor is that necessary.

Azulsky

With mask of jerum my single zombie dog is critting for 40 million.

now i just need to find tasker and theo. which just refuse to drop.

It gets better. I have about 40% Elite Damage and probably + 35% physical the doge crits elites for 70m.

T&T is so elusive

eek5

Found tall man's finger on my wd and replaced my SOJ with it, surprisingly large clear speed boost despite losing 30 percent elite dmg.

Now my wd is no longer trash tier.

I doubt I'll be using it for long though, just need jade gloves and pants to have my full frost haunt gear ready.

Drop RoRG and run TMF+SOJ. Much better combo IMO.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wasted thousands of shards on helmet for Marauders. You can get it that way, right? I'm not doing anything stupid or anything, right? Just want to make sure...

Wasted thousands of shards on helmet for Marauders. You can get it that way, right? I'm not doing anything stupid or anything, right? Just want to make sure...
Yeah, Kadala can drop Torment only legs now. I got 4/5 of my Akkhan set from her. Rift it Forward is a god send, but as always, it's all RNG.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm convinced SoJ doesn't exist. Since level 60 I haven't gotten a single one, all my fucking buddies have at least 2-3, some 5-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom