• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

As a Paragon level ~30 or so (aka shit gear) doing T1 still, once I hit 25 Death Breaths is it worth it to do the rare to legendary upgrade for my weapon slots? I still haven't found a leg weapon or plan (no Arcane Barb yet sadly). I've got a leg quiver, it's not great but it's okay stat-wise so less worried about that.

If so, should I go with a bow trying to get Yang's? That's my endgoal, but up until that point running around T1 with just MS + CA not sure if I want bow or xbow.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can I switch to adventure mode for a while and then come back to where I was in story mode? The season goals make it seem so, but I'm not sure.

Can I switch to adventure mode for a while and then come back to where I was in story mode? The season goals make it seem so, but I'm not sure.

This is my first time doing seasonals, but normally you can switch between the two and pick up where you left off in story mode. For example, I had Adventure Mode unlocked since I met all of the requirements with my main character. I started a second character, did the first act, then jumped into adventure mode. When I went back to story mode, I was able to do the latest story quest I had available.

Celegus

As a Paragon level ~30 or so (aka shit gear) doing T1 still, once I hit 25 Death Breaths is it worth it to do the rare to legendary upgrade for my weapon slots? I still haven't found a leg weapon or plan (no Arcane Barb yet sadly). I've got a leg quiver, it's not great but it's okay stat-wise so less worried about that.

If so, should I go with a bow trying to get Yang's? That's my endgoal, but up until that point running around T1 with just MS + CA not sure if I want bow or xbow.

Definitely dump weapons into the cube since they cost so much to gamble. I've had pretty awesome luck with it so far, got my SMK in only a dozen tries or so.

Might as well try for a bow, Krider or Yang are both very strong. Natalya if you were to go that way can be obtained from the set recipe a lot easier so not really worth going for that and while Xbows tend to be better stats wise, the lack of interesting legendary affixes on them kinda makes it meh.

p114 and finally got a full set. Yangs Recurve with marauder set is retarded with the spam, it's worst than it used to be with old marauder autofire.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
p114 and finally got a full set. Yangs Recurve with marauder set is retarded with the spam, it's worst than it used to be with old marauder autofire.

I want my marauder so bad, when I saw it (I waas already running turrets and companion because Im a pet fanboy) I nearly had a boner

RS4-

I couldn't appreciate the m6 + recurve + dml; I just wasn't spec'd out for split fire lol, so I was doing a lot less dmg and dying more compared to CA.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They only drop at 70

Edit: wait you're doing torment so you're 70, nvm

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got one, just took five tries. Bad luck I guess!

What is the best way to upgrade gear? Is it just from drops or crafting or cube stuff or all of it combined?

With my wizard I am sitting at 369k damage after all skills, 13.4mil toughness and 652k recovery.

I just now started to experiment with upgrading rares to legendaries and that has seemed fruitful so far.

RS4-

Got one, just took five tries. Bad luck I guess!

What is the best way to upgrade gear? Is it just from drops or crafting or cube stuff or all of it combined?

With my wizard I am sitting at 369k damage after all skills, 13.4mil toughness and 652k recovery.

I just now started to experiment with upgrading rares to legendaries and that has seemed fruitful so far.

A combination of crafting and gambling. But crafting, you really have to get lucky with your deaths breaths, especially since they're 50 a pop. But they're great for jewellery and weapons.

How do you know which Legendary you can extract powers from with the cube ?

I've been hoarding them since level 1, but probably pointless.

Click on the three boxes, I believe it lists what you can equip (extract). It'll only show what that specific class can equip though. Like a furnace won't show up for DH and...WDs?

Gotchaye

How do you know which Legendary you can extract powers from with the cube ?

I've been hoarding them since level 1, but probably pointless.

You can check by clicking on one of the three boxes at the bottom of the cube screen. But it's pretty much just every legendary that has an actual orange-text effect.

Rhaknar

Furnace works for WD because they can use 2h maces. As long as your class can use the weapon type you're good

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is the seasons journey thing with extracting 10 powers bugged?

I've extracted like 6 armor, 2 weapon and 4 jewelry and it hasn't given it to me yet ;__;

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Over a year ago I posted a thread regarding forcing VSync externally no longer working as of patch 2.01 and it's still not fixed. The in-game option causes stuttering for me and many others (the thread reached 16 pages) and the solution was to disable it in-game and force it on via Nvidia Inspector, this completely smoothed out the game but for some reason this hasn't worked since 2.01, or actually the PTR for that patch. Even at 60fps rock solid without dips I get this weird stutter/shimmer, not constantly but enough to piss me off. A blue even said he'd have the devs look into it back then but I guess he never did. Nvidia Inspector, ATI control panel, Nvidia Control Panel and D3DOverider have all been tested with no luck. 2 PCs, 3 OS's and 3 years and Diablo III still doesn't run problem free for me.

On a completely different note, playing Barb for the first time in years and was wondering if there's a viable Earthquake build these days, or is it all HOTA and WW?

ZenaxPure

On a completely different note, playing Barb for the first time in years and was wondering if there's a viable Earthquake build these days, or is it all HOTA and WW?

Sadly Earthquake is still waiting in the wings for a buff (as they said last year they plan to update all the 4 piece sets to 6 piece sets) so for now leapquake is dead. Shame as I enjoyed the build a lot. I'm hoping it is next on the list for a rework. Seems like such an easy fix as well considering most of their design nowadays is just huge damage modifiers.

Dice

So when I see this, is it taking the other half of my dual wield into account?
HDSGzha.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A combination of crafting and gambling. But crafting, you really have to get lucky with your deaths breaths, especially since they're 50 a pop. But they're great for jewellery and weapons.

Click on the three boxes, I believe it lists what you can equip (extract). It'll only show what that specific class can equip though. Like a furnace won't show up for DH and...WDs?
When you say crafting, you mean upgrading rares to leg with the Cube?

Rhaknar

I'm not one to copy popular builds but this cold dmg sentry build with cluster arrow seems pretty fucking cool.

I tried it a bit (without the set or anything lol) and it drinks mana like a motherfucker tho

Lain

Damn people already got the GR60 achievement conquest stuff done on euro, that's fast.

I was hitting 70 on my wizard and feeling good when I saw the message popups for the EU conquest stuff and I felt amazed at how fast people can rush through the game and gear up enough to do torment 10 and GR stuff.

KarmaCow

For a WD is there a point where stacking pets is detrimental or rather can pet pathing issues prevent them from actually hitting the target? I don't really have better options gear wise so with my current build I have 4 Zombie Dogs, 3 Gargantuans, 5-15 Fetishes + ~10 mini fetishes, a Spider Queen, and using Corpse Spiders. It's kinda a clusterfuck so it's hard to determine if they're just body blocking each other.

Rhaknar

For a WD is there a point where stacking pets is detrimental or rather can pet pathing issues prevent them from actually hitting the target? I don't really have better options gear wise so with my current build I have 4 Zombie Dogs, 3 Gargantuans, 5-15 Fetishes + ~10 mini fetishes, a Spider Queen, and using Corpse Spiders. It's kinda a clusterfuck so it's hard to determine if they're just body blocking each other.

On narrow paths they most surely body block each other.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly Earthquake is still waiting in the wings for a buff (as they said last year they plan to update all the 4 piece sets to 6 piece sets) so for now leapquake is dead. Shame as I enjoyed the build a lot. I'm hoping it is next on the list for a rework. Seems like such an easy fix as well considering most of their design nowadays is just huge damage modifiers.

nwNBGBh.gif

I guess I'll try the FOTM builds and see which I prefer then, thanks.

RS4-

When you say crafting, you mean upgrading rares to leg with the Cube?

Yeah. To save time, craft the level 70 rare with the blacksmith, then rng the leg with the cube. Sure it costs more resources, but it saves you the trouble of farming that particular rare piece.

It's what I plan to do if I need a particular piece from a set.

Now, if you're looking for that final piece or two of a set, but you have a bunch of dupes, just reroll those and hope you get the remaining parts.

Addnan

I'm not one to copy popular builds but this cold dmg sentry build with cluster arrow seems pretty fucking cool.

I tried it a bit (without the set or anything lol) and it drinks mana like a motherfucker tho

Yeah, CA builds need RCR everywhere you can get it.

Rhaknar

Resource cost reduction.

Ah yes. Yeah the build I saw uses 2 resource getting skills (companion, bat portion and prep with some rune)

Right now I'm using multishot, I love it with arsenal rune. But I don't have any gear yet like I said

Armaros

Yeah. To save time, craft the level 70 rare with the blacksmith, then rng the leg with the cube. Sure it costs more resources, but it saves you the trouble of farming that particular rare piece.

It's what I plan to do if I need a particular piece from a set.

Now, if you're looking for that final piece or two of a set, but you have a bunch of dupes, just reroll those and hope you get the remaining parts.

And it only rolls legendaries from that items base pool.

So cermonial knives would only give you a leg version. Unlike Kadala who only has one for all one handed weapons. So you roll for the generic non-class legendaries as well.

Dahbomb

Man Uliana set has to be on a lower drop rate than the other sets. I have completed SWK, Inna's and Raiment but not a SINGLE Uliana piece yet!

I somehow managed to lose my furnace before I got the cube. Now the game taunts me by exclusively dropping 2 handed maces; I got around 4 to drop today and none of them were furnaces.

Dice

Well you are leveling just find the biggest fuckoff 2H'er and keep that updated. I don't think DW'ing really helps as you level.
Well it helps with life on hit and the passive that gives you 35% chance to dodge when DW. However, all my skills and items and shit have gone well beyond the need for that. I have just acquired a 2H axe that is not only 78% stronger but has life on hit twice as high as my DW and procs a ghost cow squad. Also I don't know what I did but my bombers blow up for over a million now. I beat Zoltun Kulle in under 30 seconds because his two boss summons were instadead and he took 80% damage.

When I went to kill Butcher again for bounty just now the stupid bloodshard goblin spawned right in front of the door for him and I accidentally went through and got nothing :((((

Sober

Paper doll sheet "damage" numbers are baloney anyway, especially when leveling. Also especially since most melee 2H'ers just straight up have X-Y damage ranges that are easily 2 to 2.5x bigger than 1H weapons at the same level range. Those are what your spells/abilities roll off of when they say "weapon damage". Dual-wielding/1H+OH stuff is different when you start to build up sets and stuff though because item interactions are more important at level cap.

Dual-wielding is sorta okay since you're just swapping hits between the two weapons but certain abilities only roll %weapon damage off the main hand weapon, which is why having a bigger damage range is more effective, especially when leveling and you don't have 5+ legendary/set effects boosting you.

Yuuichi

Thanks to KarmaCow for a quick power level and DanTheBadass, Yuuchi, and Ballis for the T4 runs! You guys da real MVPs.

Anytime.

Got lucky with my furnace yesterday, but now up to four pieces of the wasteland warrior set with no end in sight. Kadala is a bloody scam artist.

Dice

TFW you get disconnected in the middle of the last of a bounty series. I want my cache!

Edit: HOLY CRAP
Arcane beams? I think you mean heal beams! Elites get fucked!

Xeteh

Anytime.

Got lucky with my furnace yesterday, but now up to four pieces of the wasteland warrior set with no end in sight. Kadala is a bloody scam artist.

~5k Shards so far for Gungdo Gear and all I have to show for it is like 5 Spirit Guards.

Radec

Paragon 67, currently have:
Lion's Claw
Flow of Eternity
RROG
Ancient Furnace
Gungdo Gear
Binding of the Lost

Come on Fist of Az. Don't make me beg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom