• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my monks is garbage tier 65% CDR <800 res with OWE (less than my fuckin DH). The other one is 1300 res garbage tier DPS lightning w/ shitty support style skill set-up that I play in groups that have a ton of DPS but don't enjoy playing at all because it's all I've been doing for 80% of the time I've played D3. My WD is t3-solo t4/5 group high DPS pet build looking for _any_ wd set pieces or _any_ wd legs that aren't pieces of shit.

This describes my current opinion of monk.

I still don't understand why every leg doesn't have a unique effect. It makes zero sense to have legs out there that are average yellows at best and nothing unique about them. If they aren't going to have unique effect, than they better have some bat shit stat or two in there, like +1500 strength or 30% CDR.

That was the best part about Borderlands 2, whenever a legendary dropped, you at least had the fun part of playing with the crazy special weapon effects. Even mediocre rolls could be saved with awesome unique properties.

I still don't understand why every leg doesn't have a unique effect. It makes zero sense to have legs out there that are average yellows at best and nothing unique about them. If they aren't going to have unique effect, than they better have some bat shit stat or two in there, like +1500 strength or 30% CDR.

That was the best part about Borderlands 2, whenever a legendary dropped, you at least had the fun part of playing with the crazy special weapon effects. Even mediocre rolls could be saved with awesome unique properties.

Yeah but what if that rare had a slightly different look to its sprite and also had a wacky reference for a name and description

Insaniac

I think the main issue is coming up with a unique effect for all the legendaries that is
A) Interesting enough to possibly be used
B) not broken

and they simply didn't have the time.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There's already a blue post approving the RIF community. And I'd think if they were against split bounties they'd already addressed it a long time ago.

They've been saying they want to address split farming for a while now. I'm not sure if they've deployed everything they have up their sleeve yet - they never really gave a time frame when they were hinting at more changes to come. Wonder if they've changed their minds and decided it's not really a problem after all. Could see "embracing emergent gameplay" in a blue post coming up, heh.

It could be fixed by making bounty bag rewards scale by your participation in the bounties.

One of my monks is garbage tier 65% CDR <800 res with OWE (less than my fuckin DH). The other one is 1300 res garbage tier DPS lightning w/ shitty support style skill set-up that I play in groups that have a ton of DPS but don't enjoy playing at all because it's all I've been doing for 80% of the time I've played D3. My WD is t3-solo t4/5 group high DPS pet build looking for _any_ wd set pieces or _any_ wd legs that aren't pieces of shit.

This describes my current opinion of monk.

Yeah, I moved most of my monk stuff over to my DH and left it there. CDR+OWE could work if I was willing to put in a few years to farm it and maintain 5 monks along the way.

MC Hammer... in Diablo!?!??!?!?!?! *turns to camera, bow tie twirls around, slide whistle*

Just wait until you see the Deadmau5 amulet.

Deadly

I think the main issue is coming up with a unique effect for all the legendaries that is
That wouldn't have been a problem since legendaries roll better stats than rares. You could have a totally shitty effect but it would still warrant using over a rare.

DSmalls84

Well they have always said they wanted people to play the game in groups. Honestly with RIF and Split Bountys I have probably played more with others than ever in vanilla DIII. Kind of helps to make up for the lack of a trading community...almost.

cdyhybrid

Well they have always said they wanted people to play the game in groups. Honestly with RIF and Split Bountys I have probably played more with others than ever in vanilla DIII. Kind of helps to make up for the lack of a trading community...almost.

Yep. RIF and split bounties are the only time I play with people I don't know.

Zero progress this weekend. I now have over 100 forgotten souls in my inventory with nothing to spend them on. I did get a nicely rolled Gift of Silaria, but I wasn't exactly looking for a weapon upgrade (unless it was a TF, GoO, or Woh).

I'm so fucking done with this game man. I haven't changed a single piece of gear on my WD or monks in a week now. Shit is unreal. I'm on a treadmill at this point going nowhere. I get shitty legs -> turn into souls -> craft shitty items that aren't upgrades -> salvage items -> get more legs/souls -> craft more shitty items. I haven't kept a single leg in the past 14k blood shards / 6 days of playing. Dafuq?

Ditto and this will come up a LOT I am very sure of it. There are things to consider on the way to completing sets that will frustrate people to no ends.

1. Repeat drops (my last 3 set drops were 3 jade harvester chestpieces in a row... a grand total of 1/6 set completed since RoS launch)
2..Roll shit stats (they weren't great)

Insaniac

That wouldn't have been a problem since legendaries roll better stats than rares. You could have a totally shitty effect but it would still warrant using over a rare.

Thats true, but strictly speaking legendary vs legendary, if you have legendaries with boring / relatively useless procs, then people will still regard them as trash legs over other legendaries. The goal would be to make all or nearly all legendaries interesting in some respect to encourage gear variety, and make legendaries "always exciting to get"

Yeah, I moved most of my monk stuff over to my DH and left it there. CDR+OWE could work if I was willing to put in a few years to farm it and maintain 5 monks along the way.

I'm thinking ill level a DH now myself. I have a ton of dex gear. I've got a viable CDR / fire / lightning monk and am sorta just meh on them all. The sets are boring and using spirit spenders isn't as effective as just running a vac monk with party buffs and high resists.

I love monk, but I've got 1000 hours in the damn class and am craving something new there.

Who know ... Maybe with some mixed up elemental skills things will change.

Skunkers

Devs commented on it a while back, they said going forward they intend to make all new Legendaries have unique effects/stats going forward. Unfortunately, they also said that they aren't going back and changing the old launch-era rare-quality Legendaries since they'd rather devote all their time making new ones. Hopefully, once the pool of available Legendaries is big enough, they'll either change their minds and tweak the old useless ones or reduce/eliminate the chance of them dropping.

ferr

Unless they make another Cindercoat fire will continue to rule no matter how much they flip ele on skills.

B) not broken

and they simply didn't have the time.

For a company that exists solely in the Fantasy realm, it boggles my mind that there isn't anyone with enough imagination to come up with more unique legendary effects that would make game play more fun without breaking the game. Using the Mad Monarchs Scepter, it was refreshing to see a nice clear concise kill counter on the proc effect. I probably have only seen a minute % of all the legs out there but that was the first time the proc triggering was so clearly conveyed to the player. Why not just roll with that concept on so many other items. Chance to explode with the furty of the demon slayer... or whatever the fuck that one on some sword was worthless. My guy off gassed some green occasionally and it appeared to do nothing.

Devs commented on it a while back, they said going forward they intend to make all new Legendaries have unique effects/stats going forward. Unfortunately, they also said that they aren't going back and changing the old launch-era rare-quality Legendaries since they'd rather devote all their time making new ones. Hopefully, once the pool of available Legendaries is big enough, they'll either change their minds and tweak the old useless ones or reduce/eliminate the chance of them dropping.

Sounds like the new legs will be part of their upcoming seasons system. I would love to see at least double the legs and sets in this game. It would open up the build possibilities so much. Maybe it would be possible to use more than one elemental build per class!

Begaria

My favourite legendary items are the ones that do have crazy effects on them, because then they at least feel interesting. Though I don't mind certain legendary items that don't have effects but rather have certain stats that usually can't be on that item. For example, some rings have block% on them, an affix that is not possible on rings. So if you're building a tank with a shield and want high block%, then that particular ring would be good.

My favourite legendary items are the ones that do have crazy effects on them, because then they at least feel interesting. Though I don't mind certain legendary items that don't have effects but rather have certain stats that usually can't be on that item. For example, some rings have block% on them, an affix that is not possible on rings. So if you're building a tank with a shield and want high block%, then that particular ring would be good.

I got one of those rings last night. Why not throw in a unique effect on top of that block stat like, "every time you successfully block, gold drops" or "every time you block increased chance for nephalem orb to drop"

Speaking of nephalem glory, they need to change the stacking effect to be more intersting or allow picking up more orbs to give something back, like restore primary resource or something. It would help the crusader a lot. Right now I use them to run slightly faster.

lt519

So I broke down a Harrington Waistguard not knowing ANY clickable item counts as a chest. Am cry. Bad rolls on it but double dps is double dps.

eek5

I'm thinking ill level a DH now myself. I have a ton of dex gear. I've got a viable CDR / fire / lightning monk and am sorta just meh on them all. The sets are boring and using spirit spenders isn't as effective as just running a vac monk with party buffs and high resists.

I love monk, but I've got 1000 hours in the damn class and am craving something new there.

Yeah I might give up my good dex items to my DH at this point. Monk is too brutal and I cannot stand the grind anymore. Both my monks are radically different from each other and they both plateaued at the same point. I can't imagine running 5 mediocre monks in hopes of breaking through with lucky drops..

Maybe if I was multi-boxing or something but for a regular player, playing monk is a somewhat soul crushing experience.

If they mix up elemental skills a bit I don't think anything will change much or at all without massive buffs on monk skills as well.

Dahbomb

While I think the cookie cutter Cyclone + EP + SW Monk builds are fun... I do agree that I am tired of using that build ever since vanilla D3. I am also tired of being forced to use OWE and STI because Blizzard thinks Monks are so OP that they change the entire itemization of the game just so Monks don't have some extra res.

The Epiphany + Tempest Rush build is fun though I guess. At least they got that with RoS. My biggest disapppintment with Monks in RoS is simply their set pieces. Whoever designed those should be fired. I honestly think there aren't that many Monk testers at Blizzard.. I can't believe some of them thought that the two new Monk sets were actually on par with the other sets in the game!

Elemental changes isn't going to make a big difference for Monks unless they make one of the Wall of Light runes Fire damage. That way you would have an option of replacing LTK with WoL as your main spender. It would still suck but HEY... it would be something different.

eek5

While I think the cookie cutter Cyclone + EP + SW Monk builds are fun... I do agree that I am tired of using that build ever since vanilla D3. I am also tired of being forced to use OWE and STI because Blizzard thinks Monks are so OP that they change the entire itemization of the game just so Monks don't have some extra res.

The Epiphany + Tempest Rush build is fun though I guess. At least they got that with RoS. My biggest disapppintment with Monks in RoS is simply their set pieces. Whoever designed those should be fired. I honestly think there aren't that many Monk testers at Blizzard.. I can't believe some of them thought that the two new Monk sets were actually on par with the other sets in the game!

Yeah the itemization change was bizzarre. Yes, 2res rolls higher than AR but so what? One argument people make is that a fully stacked 2res monk gets an extra primary roll on all his pieces of gear. But that isn't really true. Finding gear is 10x harder because you have to stack the 2res but then when I play on my other chars I've found that I don't even care about the AR roll and I get that "free" primary roll anyway..

and I fucking get away with it because mainstat gives mitigation! If they wanted to leave OWE as-is they should've let AR and 2res roll on the same piece. As-is gearing monk is RNG hell.

I did this and most of my gear was transferable especially when I first hit 70 on DH. I highly recommend rolling another class. It keeps things fresh. With paragon point, and a high level ruby to socket in a weapon leveling is fun and quick.

Elemental changes isn't going to make a big difference for Monks unless they make one of the Wall of Light runes Fire damage. That way you would have an option of replacing LTK with WoL as your main spender. It would still suck but HEY... it would be something different.

Epiphany and TR is fun. Ive built up a viable t2 version too. It just feels as though it's falling short of being a game changer. More like a change of pace.

And yeah, our sets suck.

I think my biggest motivation for my recent "bleh" attitude with monk stems from blizz's recent comments about them being where they're supposed to be. The class has largely been ignored from the get go. The issue with OWE was worsened. Dodge still sucks. We're still mediocre as shit. Blizz's attitude regarding the classes performance is just disheartening though.

I did this and most of my gear was transferable especially when I first hit 70 on DH. I highly recommend rolling another class. It keeps things fresh. With paragon point, and a high level ruby to socket in a weapon leveling is fun and quick.

It's why I have a wiz and WD. It's why I have a HC too . It's why I'm trying to get a sader to 70 lol. Probably won't make it there.

I Never really wanted a DH, but it seems like the class has opened up recently and it just makes soo much sense with my cross gear.

barrok

Neo Member
I'm so fucking done with this game man. I haven't changed a single piece of gear on my WD or monks in a week now. Shit is unreal. I'm on a treadmill at this point going nowhere. I get shitty legs -> turn into souls -> craft shitty items that aren't upgrades -> salvage items -> get more legs/souls -> craft more shitty items. I haven't kept a single leg in the past 14k blood shards / 6 days of playing. Dafuq?

I am in the same boat... so what I am doing is upgrading my current legendaries with souls.

Getting a few extra main stat here or there might help you feel like you are getting upgrades... even if they are minor.

RDreamer

I'm also a "former" monk kind of going DH. I still think my main is monk, for the most part, but after putting so many hours into it, it's getting a bit boring. I had a few items get me to interesting builds, but then other items fell and I went back to kind of the normal thing.

DH is a fun change of pace. I love vaulting around grabbing health globes to replenish my hatred and throw out more cluster arrows.

It still bugs me that I'm a cluster arrow build, though. I hate being the cookie cutter build in these games...

Actually that annoys me about RoS. I don't build anything. It's all been dictated by what falls. I want to build a non-fire DH that uses another skill... but the fucking game gave me a perfectly rolled haunt of vaxo with fire damage and perfect rolled fire walkers with cluster arrow damage. That's not to mention the few other pieces. I really had no choice there. And with my monk it's about the same thing. The game handed me not one but two Thundergod's Vigors plus a few other things.

Sure I could go fire monk and ice DH or whatever, but then I'd be stuck probably 300,000 damage lower on my DH and just shit and a half on my monk.

Honestly playing a HC character is pretty fun. I got walled into a gnarly pack this weekend, almost tripped spirit vessel and made it out alive. My balls were in my stomach.

It's a completely different way to play. I'm saving a second set of gear and we keep paragon points now. So a death is really just 1-70 of leveling and the main set of gear.

RDreamer

Honestly playing a HC character is pretty fun. I got walled into a gnarly pack this weekend, almost tripped spirit vessel and made it out alive. My balls were in my stomach.

It's a completely different way to play. I'm saving a second set of gear and we keep paragon points now. So a death is really just 1-70 of leveling and the main set of gear.

I'd love to play HC, but my computer has some days where it takes fucking forever to load up content. I'll have streaks of 20+ times where I click on someone's flag and when it loads I'm dead.

SoundLad

Have a feeling I won't be replacing these any time soon for my Wiz!

hkZMd0p.jpg

Also, apologies about not putting the image in a quote, not quite sure how to do it!

Achtius

Got my cindercoat, pretty terrible but i can spam CA 6 times instead of 4.

Had to level up my monk to 70. And got it within 200 shards. (excluding the thousands on my DH trying to get it)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I really wish the +Elemental damage affix stacked with the +% damage for elemental skills, and reclassified the elemnt of physical skills which specifically say they deal "weapon damage."

a skill which deals weapon damage with an elemental weapon should be classified as a skill of that type.

Basically, reclassify the physical type as non-elemental.

All right, started the day by getting some decent-ish Magefists from Kadala, and am now finally good enough to solo T2 rifts with no problemo in 15-20 minutes. What a great day this is going to be!

*five rifts and two pairs of blackthorne boots later*

Fuck this earth!

The Cowboy

Moved up to T3 Rifts and was gutted ( i recon i could do T4 now as well), 11 Rifts - no legs, no souls and nothing from Kadala with the shards I earned.

o_O

Begaria

I get excited when I see an army of Gobbies, especially during a full game. Can usually get a lot of them to. It's unadulterated chaos.

RDreamer

I get excited when I see an army of Gobbies, especially during a full game. Can usually get a lot of them to. It's unadulterated chaos.

Sucks that they rarely drop anything.

I did have a gob do something really strange once, though. You know how it pops out gold when you hit it as it runs away, usually? Well it popped out a few things of gold and then a fucking legendary as it ran away!

... the legendary was terrible, but I was still surprised.

Begaria

Yeah, gobbies randomly drop items to when they get hit. I've never seen one drop a legendary/set before like that, though, so there's lucky! I've gotten rares like that, but never a leg/set. I have gotten some decent leg/sets from gobbies when killed.

Ultratech

So this just happened.

Never seen that before.

I have to imagine the goblin pack is pretty rare.

I've only seen it once or twice in rifts.

I remember the first time since some dude was saying there was like 5 of 'em bunched up together, but the actual number ended up being around 15 or something.

It was pure chaos. lol

Dahbomb

Decent chance to get Legendaries from Goblins in Rifts but outside it's extremely rare.

We need more Rifts like the Goblin rifts... :(

I want a single giant Rift which has those giant Rift enemies. So that one area can have like 8 more areas if you kill those 8 enemies.

V_Arnold

woow new thread already....

This is nothing compared to D3 Vanilla days. OT2 came before the game even released. Yoshi burnt out of the game in a mere week, that was about halfway towards OT3. We are moving at snail's pace, compared to that. :D

Sucks that they rarely drop anything.

I did have a gob do something really strange once, though. You know how it pops out gold when you hit it as it runs away, usually? Well it popped out a few things of gold and then a fucking legendary as it ran away!

... the legendary was terrible, but I was still surprised.

Yeah, that happened to me back in vanilla, it was a DML with crappy rolls, but still, it was pretty cool.

Dahbomb

This game's moving the bar of wants as you progress in the game.

*Man I really want a Legendary glove right now.

*Gets a Legendary Glove (usually Gladiator Gauntlets).

Eh it's alright.. but I REALLY want a Magefist right now.

*Gets a Magefist.

Eh it's alright... but I REALLY want a Magefist with trifecta stats.

*Gets a Magefist with a crit stat, enchantable into trifecta.

Eh it's alright... but I REALLY want a Magefist with perfect/max trifecta stats.

This is what is happening to me right now... LOL! I finally got a trifecta stat Magefist and I thought I would be happier than I would be. It rolled low on the CHD so I was a bit bummed out but looking back since the first day of the game where I was happy with just a solid Rare Glove...

Shifty76

New thread = me no longer complaining about lack of RRoG :D

Rolled cd/dex/7 ias/LOH which rerolled to cc 2nd try.

475 dex
5 cc
7 ias
37 cd

159 phys res.

Time to switch OWE res I guess!

New thread = me no longer complaining about lack of RRoG :D

Rolled cd/dex/7 ias/LOH which rerolled to cc 2nd try.

475 dex
5 cc
7 ias
37 cd

159 phys res.

Time to switch OWE res I guess!

So glad you finally got one. Mine is almost identical except w/o the resist. But that's OK because my GNK is crazy and has Cold res on it.

Realyn

Jeez fucking christ.

For like the past 5 days I've been using random.org to decide who opens the next rift(Rift It Forward). Just had a guy who had to open twice in a row go batshit crazy on me.

I would love to see those people trying to play poker for a living. Their soul would be crushed in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom