• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Launch Trailer Released

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

geary

The servers will be split per realm /cluster of realms as in WoW or will be one megaserver and wont matter where you start (just not to be on different realms as your friends as in WoW)?

That trailer music is more frightening than any enemy in the game. At least they didn't do that thing where they replace the percussion in the song with gunshots and then sync the cuts in the trailer to that.

Although I suppose they probably would have if Diablo had guns.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does anyone feel like the hype levels for Diablo 3 were stratospheric whereas there’s some people excited for Diablo 4 but it’s kind of a “take it or leave it” release? I remember back before D3 *everyone* was talking about it, upgrading their PC’s in preparation, etc.

Why are the hype levels so much more subdued?

ZehDon

Gold Member
Does anyone feel like the hype levels for Diablo 3 were stratospheric whereas there’s some people excited for Diablo 4 but it’s kind of a “take it or leave it” release? I remember back before D3 *everyone* was talking about it, upgrading their PC’s in preparation, etc.

Because Diablo III followed Diablo II, one of the greatest and most influential games of all time. Diablo IV is following Diablo III, which was ultimately not very good. Add in Blizzard being a shadow of their former selves, and here we are. Based on the betas, Diablo IV is really good, and people are definitely excited, but you don't get "MaXiMuM hYpE" for every game unless you deliver every time. And Blizzard don't.

gothmog

Gold Member
This game gives me a weird feeling. It's like it is launching too smoothly. I've been burned so much that I can't even trust a relatively decent release.

Spyxos

Blizzard is no longer the Pc studio! They only make games now, too.

Hot5pur

The music choice was weird for sure. Doesn't really embody what Diablo is about. Maybe devs trying to cater to the newer gens because they know anyone who played 1/2/3 are keeping an eye on this.

I think there isn't as much hype because yeah, like someone said, D3 is a decent game but it's not a legendary game like D2. Also Blizzard had many trainwreck games and predatory practices with immortal, so trust is a bit low. Also with D4 there is monetization and battle passes and everyone is paranoid about if you can buy power, which already there are signs of fuckery with being able to get those ashes with tier skips (even though level gated). Also there is the whole forced MMO thing to try and sell more cosmetics. It feels the game is designed around extracting money from the player. And let's not forget the early access for pre-ordering...but wait, you can't just pre order, you have to pre order the version that costs $20 more. Many people will be buying D4 and holding their nose, myself included. I did like the beta and what I saw but I am also aware of who the CEO of that company is and how far they are willing to go for $$.

PerfectDark

Banned

I don't see anyone saying anything bad about D4. D3 was following up D2 which is basically in the video games hall of fame sitting in the top five depending on who you ask. Diablo 3 was terrible so everyone expectations have been lowered. I don't think Diablo 4 is anything amazing. Feels like a game made by current D3 and WoW devs which will be a good not great game. The game everyone will go crazy for is PoE2.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

This game will be great in about two years when all expansions are out and the game is fully patched up.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Day 0. $100 edition. Fuck the haters. Diablo about to snatch another couple thousand hours from me easy.

Still unsure what to main. I like everything except Sorc.

Top Bottom