• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did any of you buy Crackdown 3 for $60 (full price)?

---
Oh and somehow I can't turn HDR on in the menu, even though it's switched on in my Xbox settings menu.

You need to turn HDR on at the main menu settings. not in game. I had this issue.

The HDR really makes a huge difference to this game as well. the graphics don't seem so dated with the HDR as it is so bright and vibrant.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Is that a willful acceptance of paying for a service for a game that you would consider "perfect for it" in it's consensus mediocrity, but would never purchase the game for full price outside the service?

And what does that say for the expectations of the service then, quality wise?

Can you explain to me what that means to you in context, because honestly that statement does not seem like a glowing one for the service. To me it reads you expect a perfect game pass game to be something you would never buy because of the quality.

Or am I misunderstanding?

I got it on gamepass and my logic was this. I enjoyed crackdown 1 and I didn't enjoy 2. I already had gamepass for Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 amongst the other titles that I can try out. Some games I would have bought for 60 bucks. I paid for State of Decay 2, I would have paid for Forza Horizon 4.

Gamepass for me is specifically a money saving vehicle. Nothing more, nothing less. Paying $120 a year maximum to get all exclusives and whatever other games come out is more than worth it. The expectation of mediocrity as you say never crosses my mind. I just know I'm getting a great value and there will be hit's and misses in terms of the quality of the games.

The phrase "perfect for gamepass" makes no sense to me. From a consumer's perspective, all games are good for Gamepass...that's kind of the idea. It's about the value.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What I also don't understand about a lot of people's thought processes in this thread: it's not like Microsoft is losing money on Game Pass. In fact, they've made it clear that they would prefer you to play Crackdown 3 via Game Pass, rather than buying it outright for $60. This is on the main banner of the xbox.com home page right now:

frDf6eQ.png

Clicking "Get it now" takes you to this page:

Sbup86P.png

Their marketing is literally guiding you to the path of lease resistance here. If they thought they could have got away with it, they might have even made this game "Game Pass Exclusive". They know that the number of people who sign up for Game Pass as a direct result of wanting to play this game and then subsequently leaving their subscription active is more lucrative (for them) then just charging $60 out the gate in the overwhelming majority of cases.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
just finished the game i def had a lot of fun!
shame nobody release games like this anymore,,

just pure arcade mindless fun great boss battles overall solid game.
i rate it an 8 instead of a 7 at first. Game has its flaws but i couldn't stop playing it.

Not everything has to be a next gen novel walking sim. Trying to mimic a movie. Games still can be stupid mindless fun like doom 2016 was.
Hope this genre won't die.

DonF

just finished the game i def had a lot of fun!
shame nobody release games like this anymore,,

just pure arcade mindless fun great boss battles overall solid game.
i rate it an 8 instead of a 7 at first. Game has its flaws but i couldn't stop playing it.

Not everything has to be a next gen novel walking sim. Trying to mimic a movie. Games still can be stupid mindless fun like doom 2016 was.
Hope this genre won't die.
Now that you finished it and paid $2 for it, whats the right price for this game? $60? $2?

Non hate thread my ass. What a joke. Yes lets create another thread about Crackdown 3 so we can stir up more stupid shit. Just be honest next time OP. You wanted to hear people say they regretted buying this game and fap off to it. Pathetic.

Game pass for now but once my 2 months is up and I’m still playing I’ll buy it. I feel transported to 2007 and all the memories of that year. It’s exactly what I expected from a sequel, I really like it just like the first one back then (no halo 6 beta tho)

RPS37

I don’t regret paying full price but it might have been dope if it was 30 or maybe even 40. I bet they would have been too worried about perception then though.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Gamepass. Like most xbox gamers and honestly gamepass is the method MS is pushing over purchases.

Currently co-oping and just beat roxy. Not ground breaking but its a damn fun game once you level up a bit.

Top Bottom