• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Liu Kang's cheating of Sub-Zero fight in Mortal Kombat movie irk you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EW6xh5c.jpg

Here's the fight in question

I never got over the unfair treatment Sub-Zero received in MK. Liu Kang is a cheater, and unfairly took Rayden and Kitana's help to defeat Sub Zero. The bucket you see there on the ground was strategically placed by master cheater Rayden prior to the fight. But since Liu Kang is a dumbshit and couldn't figure out why it's there, Kitana has to show up and magically whisper in his head what to use. This is why the fight is just a minute long, and not 10 minutes of awesome like Johnny Cage vs Scorpion. Good guys my ass.

To be fair you have to cheat to beat some of these guys. Johnny Cage punches Gordo in the balls and tosses him off a ledge, not much martial arts there.

What do you do against a person who freezes you on contact? There's really nothing you can do. They tried to ground these fighters so naturally some are more broken than others. Do you think Kano had any realistic chance of winning?

Salsa

not really cause it means sub-zero can't be defeated without cheating which is okay in my book cause sub zero rulezzz

Reset

Sub-Zero was using his Ice powers. He was the cheater, Liu Kang didn't have any special powers at that time!
Mortal Kombat Konfessions:

I always like Johnny Cage more than Liu Kang as far male protagonist is concerned.

Everyone likes Johnny Cage more than Liu Kang.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
rather than die by a dude with ridiculous ice powers? he made the right call. and wasnt he remembering what she had told him?

Christopher

Sub zero is cheating to begin with.

He got his ass handed to him hand to hand and when he failed he tried to cheat and Liu outsmarteded him how do you find this cheating?

finish this thread.

I think what Raiden and Kitana were trying to stress to Liu Kang and Cage was that Mortal Kombat is ECW rules. So yeah, maybe your opponent can transform into anyone, but hey, you can beat him to death with a baseball bat or powerbomb him through a table if you can get your hands on one. It's all very spiritual.

Siyou

Well, if Sub-Zero was a better janitor and didn't leave the dirty mop bucket laying around he wouldn't have been iced from his job.

Sub Zero and Scorpion got lame treatment in the movie. I thought they were enemies, how are they fighting together?

The reptile vs liu kang fight was dope though.

Who fights "fair" in a battle of life or death to begin with?

Also Liu was still a regular guy at this point and already handed Sub-Zero's ass to him in hand-to-hand combat. If anything Sub-Zero was a dumbass for standing there and watching the water come at him.

When he swings the pale around knocking it over there's like no water left to begin with yet there was enough to make a huge icicle to impale Sub-Zero. What?

Sub Zero and Scorpion got lame treatment in the movie. I thought they were enemies, how are they fighting together?

The reptile vs liu kang fight was dope though.

It's the worst.

And it was explained in the movie that they are enemies, but enslaved by Shang Tsung's power.

Manu

Not at all. What bothered me is that suddenly Sub-Zero takes a minute to charge his ice attack when he could do it almost instantly up to that point.

To be fair you have to cheat to beat some of these guys. Johnny Cage punches Gordo in the balls and tosses him off a ledge, not much martial arts there.

What do you do against a person who freezes you on contact? There's really nothing you can do. They tried to ground these fighters so naturally some are more broken than others. Do you think Kano had any realistic chance of winning?

the fuck

OP I feel like people like you are the reason this shit is so prevalent in anime/manga

W8jxXT3.png

lHgiu57.png

Not at all. What bothered me is that suddenly Sub-Zero takes a minute to charge his ice attack when he could do it almost instantly up to that point.

He got too caught up in the hype BGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom