• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did people ever clear Digimon World 3?

Mr. RHC

This game just wouldn't end back then and as far as I remember I lost my Digimon when I lost a couple of times.. or was that World 1?

7dFG9SC.png

I tried to replay it once but the tutorial seems to last for 10 hours so I quit. The game had nice visuals and an interesting soundtrack, shame it was so long.

RalchAC

I think I played until I got the 4th medal when I was a kid, with a team consisting in a lvl50 Guilmon and an Agumon and Renamon at 25-30 or something like that.

I played a while ago using PS3 remote play to play it with my Vita and got the 3rd medal (My team is Guilmon, Agumon, Patamon).

But I agree. Game is crazy long, there is a lot of stuff to unlock and the thing is quite grindy if you want to have a balanced party instead of just leveling one character. Getting new Digimons at level 1 doesn't help. I had to grind to get my dear Agumon to a decent level.

I think I got stuck at Digitamamon when I dropped the game this year. I need to come back to it.

Game it's good though. But I usually drop JRPGs midway for a while. I think I haven't returned because RP isn't as convenient as having it in my memory card.

Zalman

I remember playing this game a lot, but I have no idea how far I came. I know I never beat it, that's for sure. I did enjoy it much more than Digimon World 1 though.

Ultimadrago

Yep, I beat it earlier this year in fact. I don't blame you for saying it feels never-ending though.

There were things to like about it (such as the basis for its Evolution System and pre-rendered backgrounds), but I hated the obtuse navigation, deliberately lengthy Point A to Point B objectives (while random encounters tackle you the whole way), grind crazy and one-on-one combat.

I pretty much prefer Digimon World 2 over it in every way aside from the evolution system and a few newer Digimon. I suppose the story's more focused in World 3, but that's hardly a winning point for either of them.

Shengar

My brother beat it once, it was a fun ride for us. It took like a whole holiday though if I remember it correctly.

Ultimadrago

Indeed, I enjoyed the pre-rendered backdrops of Digimon World 3. I wish the alternate server was an actual new world though and not just the original environment under a negative color filter. I suppose that's simply a topic of budget and time.

Tried to finally finish it about a year or so ago and got burnt out during a desert area that had a super cryptic way of getting out of it. Have every intention to finish it one day maybe

Kouriozan

I reached the end but couldn't complete it.
Too slow, too hard at times, too much random encounter.
But I really love this game.

Dr. Buni

Yes, I finished it back in the day. Game drags far too much, but I was more tolerant with this kind of thing back then. I liked it more than Digimon World 1.

Philippo

Man this game was so complicated back when i was a kid, i always got stuck and in the end i dropped it. I probably didn't even got that far along lol

Hiz_95

I beat it on an emulator on my phone, grinded while doing other stuff. Can totally understand people not wanting to finish it considering how much grinding was needed to beat it.

PAL version owner here and yes I did beat this game, even post game content. For the longest time it was thought that you couldnt beat post game content if you missed specific Epic weapons before beating final boss. There was however other rumor that suggested that it could be achieved so I tested it. It turned out that it is possible, so I said F-it and finished my unfinished save. The real funny thing is that I cleared this game twice! Original game with no epic items post-game and newer one with epic items before post-game. My inner competitionist wanted to complete old save as well as check the rumor as well. So yes it is beaten.

Of course if this is just for final boss or USA version, then yes its not as bad. Still bad though. But at this point I can agree that THIS GAME IS A GRIND MONSTER. This is not understatement.

Hey guys remember this fellow?
hqdefault.jpg

Post-game version is amazing. It practically blocks every single physical attack because it has so much speed with speed buffs. You need Super strong magic or own speed buffs.

Oh and you cant slow it down, you specifically need to boost your speed.

Kaswa101

My brothers were heavily into the series. I think we beat them all a couple of times as kids, except the first. Card Battle was especially awesome imo.

I might have beat it as kid. The farthest part in the game I can remember is
going to space and stopping a nuke from launching or something like that.
As a kid I was just happy to play with my favorite digimon: Gallantmon.

0xCA2

I went back and tried to beat it but I ended up giving up near the end because of how much grinding and padding there was.

It's sad, because I really liked the story in that game (which looks like it went completely off the rails from the FAQ I read and the ending I saw on youtube), as well as the art (and the music, to an extent).

How'd those DS and 3DS games in a similar vein turn out?

I'm pretty sure I finished it 2 or 3 times back in the day. I remember collecting all the cards as well, that card mini-game was almost more fun than the main stuff. It's the best out of the 3 PS1 Digimon games IMO.

hqdefault.jpg

inyue

Banned
I liked a lot, but never finished.

Remember going to the "alternative world" (?) and the last thing I remember is being destroyed by a boss when you try to reach the first city when you starts game.

StingX2

It's still sitting on my backlog. I reached the desert and pooped out on the game in 2003. Haven't really gone back since, still want to though.

The in game card mini game was super fun. I would have loved to beat it, but the load times just killed me. Also, saving took forever as well. It's a shame because I really enjoyed it when it wasn't loading/saving.

Illucio

Banned
The game would never properly save onto my memory card, so I always had to restart the game everytime I started it back up, and my family would never let me keep my PS1 running when I played it.
I never knew what to do half the time, and during the other half I'll find myself fighting overpowering Digimon.

Bogeypop

I remember even with the guide the game not being very clear on objectives, but I still managed to beat it anyways. Though you could say that's as much the guide's fault, for not being complete, as the game's for being unclear.
I still don't know how to get Veemon in my party...

Top Bottom