• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Sega reprint Yakuza 2 (PS2) in North America?

G0523

I'm seeing a couple of sellers selling Yakuza 2 for PS2 BRAND NEW on eBay and Amazon for around $50.

This seller has 30 copies left at the time of writing.

And this seller has 15 copies left at the time of writing.

They both seem like legitimate stores with lots of positive feedback but it's strange that they have brand new copies 8 years after the game has been released. Did Sega do a quiet reprinting of the game due to good sales of Yakuza 0? I ordered a copy from each seller so I can't wait till they come in to see if they're real or not. But I'm just kinda thrown off at all of this. Does anyone have any answers?

No, Video Games Plus ordered a reprint of 1-4

Edit: The same people who did reprints of DS games like Infinite Space a while back. I guess this is a thing for them.

'Hey this next-gen prequel is doing pretty well!'
'yeah we should get the old games that didn't sell for shit reprinted, it's genius'
'...wait'

KyleCross

Wait, retailers can request reprints of PS2 games? That seems nuts to me.

Regardless, Yakuza 2 is the best in the series so it's welcome. Still hoping for Kiwami 2, it'd be glorious.

sym30l1c

Grabbed Yakuza 3 and 4. Unfortunately I don't have a PS2, and with Yakuza Kiwami coming for the PS4 in a few months, I hope the second one will come too...

18-Volt

Wait, Sega/VGP managed to convince Sony to print new PS2 discs in 2017? How?

Not Sega, Atlus. They do this all the time. I believe Persona 2 PSone got reprints as late as 2012. They also occasionally reprint other stuff too: Etrian Odyssey, SMT PS2 games, Radiant Historia etc.

TimmiT

Not Sega, Atlus. They do this all the time. I believe Persona 2 PSone got reprints as late as 2012. They also occasionally reprint other stuff too: Etrian Odyssey, SMT PS2 games, Radiant Historia etc.

Sega and Atlus are the same company.

I've always held off Yakuza, hoping for a classics release on PS4 of 1 and 2. But I guess I can skip them and just play 0? Where does 0 fall on the timeline? And what game chronologically come after that?

BUY THIS GAME!

My favorite in the series, and it was damned expensive as of like a week ago,

And bought one so I have my very own copy.

Top Bottom