• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did They "Fix" The "Loose Disc" Issue In PS5 Game Cases?

A lot of times I've noticed discs are loose and just rattling around in PS4 cases. This is especially true if you order them on Amazon and even eBay. Brand new games. Same seems to happen with PS3 discs.

My guess is either the cases aren't the best produced or whatever. It doesn't seem to be as much an issue with Xbox games.

Just wondering if there's a noticable difference in the PS5 case quality or if it's still an issue?

OrtizTwelve

I think this is a common issue since PS3 era if I remember correctly. It I only happens when there’s significant shaking back and forth or handling. From what I can see Ps5 cases are the same exact ones as PS4 with different inserts.

This is such an obnoxious problem. At least blu ray discs are resilient, but I've had so many PS4 games rattling in the package when they arrive in the mail.
It's a peeve of mine.

I know it's first world gamer problems but it bothers me.

The few times I seem to get one that isn't loose and actually is secure in the case is when I buy it at a brick and mortar store like Walmart or Gamestop.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's a peeve of mine.

I know it's first world gamer problems but it bothers me.

The few times I seem to get one that isn't loose and actually is secure in the case is when I buy it at a brick and mortar store like Walmart or Gamestop.
Yeah, as others pointed out it seems to be due to getting shaken during transport. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I miss the days where you'd nearly snap the disc in half to remove it from the spindle nub :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Happens to me more than avg because I import quite a few games from EU or JPN region.

I was just about to create a new thread about this im getting sick of this last few games ive ordered have had this issue just bought Judgment (ps5) and Scott Pilgram (ps4) and both discs are bouncing around the case

Top Bottom