• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did You Know Gaming: Satoru Iwata

ChrisD

And kudos to them for just ending the video, with no post-video links, advertising, etc.

I was so happy that they ended it like they did.

Not sure why this hit me so hard when nothing else has, but I was actually tearing up by the end. The day a cure to cancer is found I think I'll be a blubbering mess out of sheer happiness. Grandfather on my Mother's side, the other Grandfather on her side is currently dealing with it, my dad's Grandfather, my Grandmother on my Father's side, a cousin, and though not family, Iwata; they all have passed away, or in the case of the second on my Mother's side, dealing with a horrible life of pain from cancer. :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I never knew him personally or even met him but losing Iwata felt like losing a dear friend.

-shadow-

I'll just leave these to lighten up the mood for those who've watch until the end!

200.gif

giphy.gif

so-many-punches.gif

200.gif

Iwata.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Loved this video, thanks for sharing, still hard to believe he's gone. You're still dearly missed around the world, Mr. Iwata

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I legit teased up watching this last night. I miss him so much. He was so full of life and love. I don't care what the haters say.

It hit me all over again. I'm always gonna miss Iwata. The man was a legend, plain and simple. He did so much so people could have fun with video games and you could feel it in them.

I never knew him personally or even met him but losing Iwata felt like losing a dear friend.
It's crazy isn't it? Through all the Directs, interviews, conferences, etc., it always felt like Iwata was speaking to us.

This was kinda like Yeah, I know gaming: Satoru Iwata. Thanks to all the Iwata tributes last year I learned a lot about his accomplishments.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Some major errors including calling Pokemon Stadium a GameFreak game. It was a Nintendo EAD game - but Iwata helped code the Gameboy battle data over to the N64.

casiopao

Some major errors including calling Pokemon Stadium a GameFreak game. It was a Nintendo EAD game - but Iwata helped code the Gameboy battle data over to the N64.

Iwata is really a one kind of a beast and it is damn sad that we will never found a person like him again.T_T

Had no idea he did THAT much and was talented, I want to work hard in my life and get to better places like he did. That intro got me feeling some kind of way though.

Oersted

It hit me all over again. I'm always gonna miss Iwata. The man was a legend, plain and simple. He did so much so people could have fun with video games and you could feel it in them.

It's crazy isn't it? Through all the Directs, interviews, conferences, etc., it always felt like Iwata was speaking to us.

Its a minor thing, but the realization never hearing "Please take a look" from him again really hit me

Excellent video. I miss Iwata so much. Nintendo hasn't been the same since he's gone.

3e_MAM5_W.gif

Agree. A lot of fans still haven't gotten over it, imagine those at Nintendo that were closest to him. Definitely still in a transition period at Nintendo, IMO.

Demy

I had no idea, not who he was or that he'd passed away. God that killed me at the end. What an inspirational person.
sad-bowie.gif

Just had a chance to watch this. It was a great tribute video, and once again made me realize how much I miss his presence within Nintendo.

The lack of new Nintendo Directs hosted by him, with his signature anticipation line "Please take a look" (as someone else mentioned) makes them somewhat less enjoyable to me.

The highly recommended Iwata Asks interviews - he seemed so happy/in his element when speaking with other developers/programmers about game development.

I wonder how much he contributed to the creation of the NX...it would've been awesome to watch him unveil it.

Just watched. There was quite a lot I didn't really realize he was involved in. You could tell what type of man he was from his smile during his on camera showings. Man such a loss, and yeah I did tear up a bit at the end. RIP Mr. Iwata.

I can recall the negativity from E3 2015 and that he had to respond while he was pretty much on his death bed. Tears me up inside.

Nintendo Directs were truly genious. And the muppet show at E3 was brilliant too.

We need more people like Iwata in the industry. He really made this hobby better (and funner) in a lot of ways.

This was beautiful. He's a critical piece of gaming history and his legacy has connected me to my 2 year old son and my 72 year old father.

Dunkley

I didn't cry over this nope my room just had a rare atmospheric phenomenon that made it rain in my room but by pure chance of luck didn't damage any electronics.

No, bullshit aside this definitely hit hard, I am really sad that Iwata is gone but I am happy he lived a life where he could pursue his dreams and do what he wanted to do.

Top Bottom