• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Adventure Tri: Final egg hatched! First PV will be shown on 6th of May

Status
Not open for further replies.
summer wars

toei ain't about dat life

Movies have bigger budgets. There are way better looking movies.
tumblr_mxbemjt1qq1rlvhbho3_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_ncll8g6Epx1rvhkho.gif

I think by current new anime I meant tv shows not movies but yeah Summer Wars and Sword of the Stranger are legit.

abadguy

Banned
Still so damn good. Is there any current new anime that looks as good as this or would that level of animation be too expensive? :p

Not sure if it was quite this level but Dennou Coil looked great for a TV series, and god why hasn't that show been localized yet?

Mailbox

i'm gonna need to see it in motion first before making judgement.
Love the body designs and artstyle, but the eyes look a bit too same-y with each character. Makes the characterization of the character designs a tad lacking, but again, it could be good. I remember not liking Steins;gate eyes when I first say them in images and artwork, but in motion and in the anime it was fantastic.

As for everyone talking about Tamers 2 in the first few pages, I don't think i could handle the feels. Damn tamers was hard to watch sometimes :'(

Snwaters

Don't do this to me.

Don't get my hopes up like this.

If it turns out even just slightly under average, based on its history and popularity in the US, it seems more than likely one of them will pick it up. Adult Swim will need another popular anime to replace Bleach after all.

Pau

Was that a thing in previous series? Only watched up to 4, don't remember something that egregious...
I only watched up until Tamers, and I don't remember anything like that either, I'm just wondering since they might be aiming this at a different audience.

Like what?
I'm surprised you don't know what I'm talking about, but relying on panty-shots, dumb character designs for the female characters, weird-ass incest storylines, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone got tsuritama in my digimanz.

Wazzy

Banned
With the designs looking great so far all I need is for them to never acknowledge the epilogue because I refuse to accept Sora became a fashion designer and Matt an Astronaut. REFUSE.

Angewoman
Rosemon
Lillithmon
Venusmon

It's almost guaranteed.

Don't know who Venusmon is, but other than some scantily clad Digimon there wasn't really anything really annoying as far as fanservice is concerned.

I kinda don't expect there to be anything in this new season either. Just because the protagonists are older that doesn't mean we're more likely to get shitty fanservice.

Pau

With the designs looking great so far all I need is for them to never acknowledge the epilogue because I refuse to accept Sora became a fashion designer and Matt an Astronaut. REFUSE.
Something causes the timeline to split or their destinies to change, and we'll have a better epilogue. Believe.

Don't know who Venusmon is, but other than some scantily clad Digimon there wasn't really anything really annoying as far as fanservice is concerned.

I kinda don't expect there to be anything in this new season either. Just because the protagonists are older that doesn't mean we're more likely to get shitty fanservice.
Yeah, I don't recall anything too ridiculous in the first two seasons, and I don't exactly have the highest tolerance for that stuff. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Snwaters

Fanservice is nothing new to digimon.

*Warning: somewhat NSFW* This is a kids show in Japan

Considering the audience and the general state of anime today, we're getting some form of fanservice.

I think that clip you first indicated was from Our War Game, which was a movie :p
Duh, I meant if there was an anime tv show that was as good looking as that digimon movie, and the post was pretty obvious that I wasn't expecting an anime tv series to top a mamoru hosoda movie.

Considering the audience and the general state of anime today, we're getting some form of fanservice.

That was deeply stupid.

(Not your post, the webm).

Anyway, other than the usual suspects like Angewoman and LadyDevimon, I doubt it'll be terribly fanservice-y. There'll probably be a hot springs gag in there somewhere, tho.

Duh, I meant if there was an anime tv show that was as good looking as that digimon movie, and the post was pretty obvious that I wasn't expecting an anime tv series to top a mamoru hosoda movie.

Ah, sorry. Got confused :p

Wazzy

Banned
Something causes the timeline to split or their destinies to change, and we'll have a better epilogue. Believe.
I hope so. :( Sora deserved to be a soccer or tennis star. All the female characters got shafted in the ending. Yolei a housewife, Sora a fashion designer, Mimi a cook(IF ANYONE IS A DESIGNER IT SHOULD BE HER) and Kairi a teacher which was probably the only decent one.
Mimi looks fucking amazing, as expected.

Mimi is so damn flawless. She's seriously the best.

Snwaters

That was deeply stupid.

(Not your post, the webm).

Welcome to the sad state of a lot of anime today. It seems like there is a whole lot more pandering to a certain demographic of the anime community. It could just be me and my nostalgia glasses, but that's how I see it. It is what it is.

I do think that the new art style is nice though. Maybe we'll get something different.

I hope so. :( Sora deserved to be a soccer or tennis star. All the female characters got shafted in the ending. Yolei a housewife, Sora a fashion designer, Mimi a cook(IF ANYONE IS A DESIGNER IT SHOULD BE HER) and Kairi a teacher which was probably the only decent one.

Mimi is so damn flawless. She's seriously the best.

If anyone should have been a cook, it was Matt.

Sora started getting shafted when the writers started pretending that being a tomboy wasn't a major part of her character.

Mimi lived in New York. She should have been a fashion designer.

Stuart444

There'll probably be a hot springs gag in there somewhere, tho.

Doesn't always mean fanservice.

Remember in Season 1, episode 17, the girls were in just towels for part of the episode. (Episode titles: Illusive Captain Cockatrimon (JP), The Crest of Sincerity (EN)).

If you don't consider that fanservice, a hot spring scene/gag doesn't need to/mean fanservice.

From what Digimon show is that even? Probably something 'newer' I haven't seen.

And nah, fanservice is no guarantee whatsoever. A good show that doesn't need and want to rely on that shit won't have it. From this current season for example, I can't recall much if any fanservice in 'Shirobako' and 'Parasyste'.

There's a bunch of it in F/SN UBW but *surprise* the show's also shit...and well has its origin in an eroge VN.

Digimon Adventure never needed fanservice and neither will this new season if its equally well written and directed. Even if there's a higher chance we get some nudity or so because the characters' average age is higher, that still doesn't mean it's going to be there or has to be fanservice.

That said, I'm gonna shake my head in disappointment if we get some creep-camera zooming in on a showering Sora or s.th. If the show's going to sink so low though, I'll most likely be disappointed already anyways!

Doesn't always mean fanservice.

Remember in Season 1, episode 17, the girls were in just towels for part of the episode. (Episode titles: Illusive Captain Cockatrimon (JP), The Crest of Sincerity (EN)).

If you don't consider that fanservice, a hot spring scene/gag doesn't need to/mean fanservice.

Not always, but more often than not it is. And actually, that episode was why I'm guessing we'll get one this time around, as a callback.

Jex

Well I have some hope now actually. If the animation quality is high I'll probably be just fine with the art style and since the director has also done the praised Katanagatari I shouldn't write him off just because of School Days.
I barely noticed the direction in Katanagatari. It felt extremely dull and lifeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom