• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory teaser trailer

Unknown?

Hope this has improvements and isn't just exactly the same with different story. I'd still play it, loved the first, but I want it to build upon its strength.

Justified

Hype!!
CMTbtqD.jpg

*Ive seen some shit*

Sandfox

I'm not a fan of the MC design compared to the previous ones they have been putting out lately. He looks like a character you would expect to have a small role.

Hope this has improvements and isn't just exactly the same with different story. I'd still play it, loved the first, but I want it to build upon its strength.

I'm not seeing much in the way of new environments... that's a bit worrying.

Yeah, it feels like Cyber Sleuth 1.5 at the moment. I hope we get to see more unique environments and more balanced gameplay.

I'm not a fan of the MC design compared to the previous ones they have been putting out lately. He looks like a character you would expect to have a small role.

I didn't like him much at first, but he's growing on me. The thousand-yard stare is amazing and I like that he doesn't look typical.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

Seems like a typical Suzuhito Yasuda design. Reminds me of this guy:
ERUoMxd.png

Though I wouldn't complain if they found a different character designer.

Nice to have a proper teaser for the game. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of the game soon. One of my most anticipated games for the rest of the year.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Great trailer with a lot to show.

I'm still on cooldown from Digimon-related stuff after getting the Platinum for Cyber Sleuth back in January, but I'll be there for this day 1.

Nice selection of new Digimon, can't wait to see more. Just hoping we don't get massive reuse of environments from the first game, which the trailer unfortunately suggests.

CEJames

I'm not seeing much in the way of new environments... that's a bit worrying.

First thing I noticed. I was shocked to see a sequel and now its clear how it was possible. The budget feel of these games is so in your face lol.

Really hope this isn't Tales of Xillia 2 levels of asset reuse.

Yeah....that teaser wasn't much hype. Literally saw 1 new Real World environment in the trailer and "new digital space dungeons" don't count because they look similar anyway.

I really don't want this to be a Tales of Xillia 2 level of assets reuse. Somehow, I believe it will be.

What happened to Digimon World 3's fantasy world.....make more of that.

Gallantmon Crimson Mode
Triceramon
Hippogriffomon
Coelamon

The new guys I could see in this trailer. I could be missing one.

Crimson Mode being in is obvious because of Next Order. Still hoping for Megidramon.

Hippogriffomon and Triceramon's inclusion could be a hint at other Digimon, but it might just be a coincidence. If we see Orochimon and LoaderLiomon, I'll start the hype. Hippogriffomon was created for the Frontier movie, if I'm not mistaken, so it could also be a hint for Frontier mons.

Coelamon is classic, so I'm glad to see him and Triceramon.

Syntsui

Not a good look. Bland as fuck character and carbon copy environments from the already very bland first game.

Cyber sleuth made my top 10 no I think top 5 for game of the year 2016 so it's really disappointing what looks like it could've just been an expansion. Shame

BigEmil

Isn't that how Pokémon are? The same formulaic games for decades even the main plot story is the same. No one complains so i think it's fine if Digimon does it.

Eh.... loving Cybersleuth right now but that main character looks like he should be a random npc goon and the environments look the same. Hope they have more new stuff to show.

edit:
Isn't that how Pokémon are? The same formulaic games for decades even the main plot story is the same. No one complains so i think it's fine if Digimon does it.
This is a really fucking weird post but no, Pokemon generations always have different environments and up until the XY generation there was always new sprites of the previous and new Pokemon.

BigEmil

Pokemon sequals actually have new assets and environments.

Eh.... loving Cybersleuth right now but that main character looks like he should be a random npc goon and the environments look the same. Hope they have more new stuff to show.

edit:

This is a really fucking weird post but no, Pokemon generations always have different environments and up until the XY generation there was always new sprites of the previous and new Pokemon.
Same areas and blueprints, same direction (start in your mum's house pick some Pokémon and become a gym leader), Pokemon's same throughout just add new ones etcetc. For a series that sells and makes millions all the time and a huge franchise it's pretty disappointing Pokémon is all so samey still but guess it sells so much that they don't care to change it up much like most other Nintendo games. All same and formulaic to their previous counterparts.

If Digimon had the money Pokémon devs get that would be awesome but they don't have nowhere near that kind of budget nor is it anywhere as big as Pokémon franchise.

Flowmoney

Why did game switch from male and female to just male? Seems like its going backwards and a main female character would have been superior to what we got.

Kouriozan

Didn't see a lot of new locations, still hyped, already plat-ed the last 2 games so bring it on!
Shame about no Multi-5 though.

Wereroku

I really hope they develop the PS4 version somewhat separately. Having larger areas would be nice but is not really possible with the PSV still being a platform.

True Fire

I mean, I'm excited for more Cyber Sleuth, but I think it's ridiculous how low budget this is after how well the original did.

Unknown?

Why did game switch from male and female to just male? Seems like its going backwards and a main female character would have been superior to what we got.
That's sexist af. So it's backwards that it has just a male character but somehow acceptable if we had just a female character? Lol

I do prefer options but if we just get one it doesn't really matter to me if it's male or female.

I mean, I'm excited for more Cyber Sleuth, but I think it's ridiculous how low budget this is after how well the original did.
Yeah, I mean, if they're reusing all these assets I'd at least expect a fuck load more 'mons but it doesn't seem like that's the case either. Hopefully it'll surprise us.

Weebos

Banned
A lot of the same environments, but Cyber Sleuth was a pleasant surprise for me so I'm still into it.

Would have liked to see more new stuff, but I can't complain about more Cyber Sleuth.

RockmanBN

Yeah....that teaser wasn't much hype. Literally saw 1 new Real World environment in the trailer and "new digital space dungeons" don't count because they look similar anyway.

I really don't want this to be a Tales of Xillia 2 level of assets reuse. Somehow, I believe it will be.

What happened to Digimon World 3's fantasy world.....make more of that.

Loved the weird quircky design of map in World 3. Wish we'd see more that.

400px-Dw3_suzaku_city.jpg

800px-Dw3_tyrano_valley.jpg

Same areas and blueprints, same direction (start in your mum's house pick some Pokémon and become a gym leader)
Uh-huh

Anyway, still holding out for Megidramon. Seeing Gallantmon Crimson Mode gives me hope for the Guilmon line. Great to see Triceramon and Coelamon!

looks like there are some new or altered animations. main guy's eyes are still creepy as fuck, though.

any direct story connection to cs1?

The female protagonists have always been revealed later than the male protagonist.

We'll probably get the female protagonist reveal sometime later this month.

Piers

Which is all the more confusing when surely the bulk of the work in Cyber Sleuth must of been modelling and animating all the Digimon. With that done there should of been more time freed up to focus on new things.
As mentioned above, the studio is presumably pressed to strike whilst the iron is hot.

A lot of old school mons are getting in, hoping for Airdramon and Monochromon, who looks likely with Triceramon. Kunemon maybe but Funbeemon might take rookie bug slot this time.

Would there be any more obscurer -mon than Catchmamemon? Its the single most mindboggling thing ever. (And not in bad way.)

RalchAC

That's sexist af. So it's backwards that it has just a male character but somehow acceptable if we had just a female character? Lol

I do prefer options but if we just get one it doesn't really matter to me if it's male or female.

In past games the FeMC wasn't announced alongside the game. It was shown at a later date. There isn't any reason to think this won't happen again while the marketing cycle of the game has just began.

data

All Digimon Story games should be is Persona rip offs with Digimon instead of Personas. I honestly doubt this one will have a good story, and with all the re-used areas, Namco can keep it.

Top Bottom