• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: Next Order IS coming to the west on PS Vita

Cornbread78

No Vita, no buy. There are too many games demanding my "big screen/comfy couch" time.

Just way too much stuff coming out 1Q17.

It's like someone with sense at Bamco saw the initial press release and was like "wait of course we're doing the Vita one why the hell wouldn't we?" and then a higher up had to correct them.

No Vita, no buy. There are too many games demanding my "big screen/comfy couch" time.

Just way too much stuff coming out 1Q17.

You got a point. Vita doesn't have much going on so I would buy it for vita but ps4 is beyond busy and it's not like this game will be a 10/10 game. It will be a fun digimon game but doesn't really stand out against other ps4 games coming out.

Wasn't it that guy Shahid that said it was coming only to be wrong once Square reconfirmed it as PS4 and Xbox only?

mdSwzo0.png

:lol

RalchAC

It's like someone with sense at Bamco saw the initial press release and was like "wait of course we're doing the Vita one why the hell wouldn't we?" and then a higher up had to correct them.

Keep in mind that the announcement said the game has been expanded quite a bit. The PS4 had something like 120 sidequests while the original had 50. It was explained in the announcement thread.

They've probably considered different options.

- Porting the new content to the Vita. They probably thought the investment wasn't worth it.
- Releasing both versions, the expanded PS4 port and the original Vita game. Which could cause a PR nightmare, trigger refunds and who knows what.
- Announcing the game now only for PS4, be upfront and tell it months in advance. Hope that most of those rabid Vita fans wil buy it anyway because 6 months is a long time and it's hard to be pissed that long.

About the whole thing, I feel it's just as you said. Somebody thought it was a typo since most multiplatform NB games have been released so far. Then somebody else saw the problem and corrected the correction.

Or just an intern having fun lol.

Top Bottom