• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

Slacker

F2P for base game with timer (one game a day, unless you spend Goko Coins), Facebook integration, clothing for your Goko avatar as IAP.

Got it almost right. I believe the proper term for their horrible currency is 'Gokoins.' I'd rather buy Itchy & Scratchy Bucks.

Got it almost right. I believe the proper term for their horrible currency is 'Gokoins.' I'd rather buy Itchy & Scratchy Bucks.
Making Fun (who seem to be handling the technical side of things) have a number of other games in existence, though I'm not sure if they've done an iOS game before. They aren't the same people that launched it. I wonder if they'll still try to sell all the expansions for $45 dollars.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Tourney update:

Kestrel3d 206

Blahness 166

Good game! I wasn't seeing any of the appropriate good plot quests early so I shifted gears to buying some of the better resource buildings with the adventurers I would need later. It seems to have paid off!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
h/t to Flynn for the heads-up -- Playdek is back working on Ascension! Wow. Really excited to play the new expansions too. Playdek and Ascension are a perfect match.

Brakara

Overall, that's good because:

1. Playdek's app is generally rock solid
2. We'll still get Android and PC versions
3. Tournament support seems to be still in

The only bad thing is that Playdek's online support (outside async with friends) is just awful. So will they actually be able to implement good tournament support as well as some sort of matchmaking system? Those were the two reasons I backed the kickstarter in the first place and I would hate to see that go.

Heel

Blood Bowl coming to tablets in early July

The digital version is being produced by Cyanide Studio, which made the original PC version back in 2009 and is releasing an updated version “soon” called Blood Bowl 2. It appears that the tablet version will be based off of this new, updated version.

Blood Bowl will have single player matches vs. AI as well as a solo campaign, but the meat of the game is in its multiplayer options. You can play hotseat matches on one iPad, or go cross-platform and play in a permanent online league.

ScoopEE

Neo Member
Whatever happened to the PC/XBL adaptation for Fantasy Flight Games Wings of War?

Also, we'll never see an X-Wing adaptation either, other than via Vassal, right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Whatever happened to the PC/XBL adaptation for Fantasy Flight Games Wings of War?

Also, we'll never see an X-Wing adaptation either, other than via Vassal, right?

Canceled iirc.

Probably not. FFG clearly hates digital. Sweet sweet Netrunner, BBTM, etc. :/

Just wanted to say the iOS version of Ticket to Ride is phenomenal too, it's what convinced me to buy the physical version of the game and it's still great to play alone or with the wife.

Karkador

Banned
Oh awesome, I had not noticed this thread. Let's get some plays on BoardgameArena or Yucata going! I'm willing to play learning games with people if they want to try something they haven't played before.

Oh awesome, I had not noticed this thread. Let's get some plays on BoardgameArena or Yucata going! I'm willing to play learning games with people if they want to try something they haven't played before.
What's your name on Yucata?
I'm playing a few learning games of Russian Railroads at the moment. It's a bit daunting but once you get to know the iconography and the scoring its ok. Lots of points.

Karkador

Banned
What's your name on Yucata?
I'm playing a few learning games of Russian Railroads at the moment. It's a bit daunting but once you get to know the iconography and the scoring its ok. Lots of points.

Same name; karkador

It's not a very thematically coherent game, but it's pretty basic worker placement with a lot of different options for generating points. And yeah, lots of points!

Karkador

Banned
Alright, so here are the games I feel confident teaching / guiding you through on Yucata. These are also some of my favorite games, so they are recommended!

- Black Friday
- Can't Stop
- Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers
- Famiglia
- Ponte del Diavolo
- Rattus
- R-Eco
- Russian Railroads
- Skyline
- Sticky Fingers
- The Speicherstadt

On BoardGameArena, I can help you learn and play:

- Perudo
- Spyrium
- Troyes
- Tournay
- Hive
- Expedition: Northwest Passage
- Haggis
- Seasons
- Through the Ages
- Race for the Galaxy

Alright, so here are the games I feel confident teaching / guiding you through on Yucata. These are also some of my favorite games, so they are recommended!

- Black Friday
- Can't Stop
- Famiglia
- Ponte del Diavolo
- Rattus
- R-Eco
- Russian Railroads
- Skyline
- Sticky Fingers
- The Speicherstadt

- Perudo
- Spyrium
- Troyes
- Tournay
- Hive
- Haggis
- Seasons
- Through the Ages
- Race for the Galaxy

I'd like to give some of them a try (TTA, Troyes, Tournay).
Is anyone else interested.

Brakara

Sent you a challenge, biggyd. I have the same IGN as here.

Kinda fun, except I'm stuck on the 3rd scenario on the 1st campaign.

A tip:
you need high attack ships/bases to take down his bases ASAP before it snowballs. You also need outposts to defend against his attacks.

Sent you a challenge, biggyd. I have the same IGN as here.

A tip:
you need high attack ships/bases to take down his bases ASAP before it snowballs. You also need outposts to defend against his attacks.

TThanks for the game, and the tip! Wil try some more this weekend. Loving the game so far, and looking forward to breaking out the physical game with my son.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

- Black Friday
- Can't Stop
- Famiglia
- Ponte del Diavolo
- Rattus
- R-Eco
- Russian Railroads
- Skyline
- Sticky Fingers
- The Speicherstadt

- Perudo
- Spyrium
- Troyes
- Tournay
- Hive
- Haggis
- Seasons
- Through the Ages
- Race for the Galaxy

Is TtA better on BGA? I've only played it online on BGO.

Karkador

Banned
Is TtA better on BGA? I've only played it online on BGO.

I've never played it on BGO. I looked into it now to see how it looked.

Maybe it comes down to a matter of taste, but the BGA implementation looks more like the physical game and less like a Windows program? I like it just fine on BGA, and have played it several times, though BGO looks functional, too.

BGA games all have a common interface, though, so once you've adjusted to it, you can play lots of different (and great) games there.

Brakara

Played through the campaign and bought the game. It's surprisingly so good. I need to find the physical copy now too!

It's out of print, so don't buy the overpriced copies on Amazon (it's originally $15 while the Amazon price is $40). I think the second print will be out late July/early August.

Also, the iOS version was submitted to the App Store a couple of days ago.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bookmarking, I hope to see more pc and hopefully some current gen console titles as well.

You're not going to see a lot of boardgame ports to those platforms I'm guessing given the majority of development is on mobile recently, though it looks like Twilight Struggle's KS raised enough to develop versions for those platforms at least.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice thing about PC is it's by far the best place to play all the web-based implementations. Which have some pretty fantastic titles.

Hey dudes. Been off my iPad for a long while in the great battle for its time vs my daughter, but, got it back. Have a bunch of you on Carc, but, don't want to impose as I see some new expansions have come out and I have no idea what people are playing anymore.

If anyone is starting any games any time soon, feel free to add me. I'll buy expansions if I need to. Bigwinnerx. Gracias. :)

Dr.Acula

Banned
Is there and OT for the Witcher Adventure Game? Does anyone else have this? I'm in the beta b/c I preordered Witcher 3 I think.

So who wants to get a game going?

PittaGAF

Hoping Star Realms for IOS is imminent. I've been looking forward to trying it.

They wrote me they will release it as soon as it gets approved (so it won't be held for some particular day and should be out worldwide, not the usual timeline nonsense).
I can't wait either.

PittaGAF

Is there and OT for the Witcher Adventure Game? Does anyone else have this? I'm in the beta b/c I preordered Witcher 3 I think.

So who wants to get a game going?

I applied for the beta but nothing so far....looking forward the game a lot (I fear they will publish just before Witcher 3...so it will be a while).

How is the game so far?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Arcane Wonders is showing interest in releasing digital Mage Wars. This would be the best thing ever.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ascension Rise of Vigil is dropping soon on Android & iOS (cross-play). Anyone want to organize a tournament? I can even put in some prize support of Ascension promo cards or something.

Ascension Rise of Vigil is dropping soon on Android & iOS (cross-play). Anyone want to organize a tournament? I can even put in some prize support of Ascension promo cards or something.

I can run it if you want.

I think prizes are a great idea too. I can add in another prize too, we can figure something out I'm sure.

Top Bottom