• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Killzone Shadow Fall PS Meeting demo used 3GB of RAM & FXAA

DieH@rd

Banned
twitterdigitalfoundry8ppuw.jpg

https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/334397605444468736

:O

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
yay they might be able to make next gen animations etc, or even a next gen game, that actually does something different to current gen games, with the extra 5 gig then.

It's going to be interesting to see what the leap between first and second gen PS4 games is going to be. And I'm not just talking about graphics.

sunnz

I think its one of those things were they could lower the amount of ram used, but since they have so much to use they don't really have to.

If so, good.

Courage

Does this mean a 670 wouldn't be able to play a game at max settings by this October? Unless Killzone is an outlier.

Uncharted had monster textures with 256MB of VRAM. I wonder what sorcery they'll pull with 8GB, even when reduced for OS and game logic/audio etc purposes.

zainetor

Banned
I so much salt alredy.
wonder how much ram needs to be used as normal ram by the system, to get good enough performance.

So Shadow Fall was built on earlier devkits with 4GB RAM, right?

It'll be super interesting to see what GG, SSM and Naughty Dog can do with the PS4, dang.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is good for later PS4 games but might not be ideal for launch titles. Presumably most of those will have been developed targeting 4Gb (3 usable?) and they won't get a big benefit from a late bump. Durango games might actually look better as the ram level will have been stable for longer.

Top Bottom