• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Persona 3 Reload - 4K 60FPS with Ray Tracing on PS5/Series X

Draugoth

Gold Member

A classic PlayStation 2/PSP RPG has been revitalised and remastered for the latest generation of consoles - and PC - and Oliver Mackenzie has been checking it out! The game does indeed deliver 4K resolution at 60fps with ray-traced reflections on PS5 and Series X, but where does that leave Series S? Here's the Digital Foundry tech review

00:00 Overview
00:53 Visual strengths
06:46 Visual weaknesses
11:47 Console comparisons and performance
14:15 Gameplay thoughts and conclusion

Last edited:

Fake

Is a beautiful game, but I just don't get why putting RT on a heavily art direction game.

Anw, those menus are pretty sweet. Was a proper remake after all.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is a beautiful game, but I just don't get why putting RT on a heavily art direction game.

Anw, those menus are pretty sweet. Was a proper remake after all.
Yeah, I’m confused by that as well. The game is very stylized, what RT is gonna do here?

Fake

Yeah, I’m confused by that as well. The game is very stylized, what RT is gonna do here?

IDK, but seems little off. I remember Sony asking Genshin Impact creator to add RT in the PS5 version, but they decline saying would mess up the art style of the game.

I guess they saw Zelda with RT on PC and think this is not a good way to present this game. Who knows... Hope the other game don't do that too.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RT in this game seems like such a weird add. It's only in a few selected places so it's not like the game benefits from it.

At least it's 4K/60.

Fake

IMO the game should remove RT in favor of pushing native 4k60 with AA on, because looks like the game has no AA at all.

Go_Ly_Dow

Have to admit, the dorm lighting is a bummer! #dormgate

vibe.PNG

It's lost the atmosphere of the original for me. :messenger_sad_relieved: Where it had a mysterious atmosphere.

As he points out, it's bizarre to have a location with a lot of indoor lighting but then for the enviroment to be so bright that there are no shadows cast or dark spots.

But everything else looks great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom