• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: the complete Xbox One architects interview

I'm disappointed that's not what it says

Lol, me too.

Can we have a list of false Xbox One prophecies, so far I've got:

Dual APU Setup
Upgrade 8 GB RAM to 12 GB of RAM
Secret dGPU hidden from developers
Secret Sauces
GDDR5's latency problems make it inferior to DDR3
Cloud Enhanced Rendering

I don't think a platform has ever launched with such an overwhelming sense of delusion.

Cant forget the R9 280x!!

Hey Fresh Face just read your post now. Great post. I just spent time writing that last big post but I will try to get to yours later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, in the mean time I went back and proof read it.

I think I win the prize for most ways of spelling "negativity." :)

Cerny too:

At the same time we have to balance that out with a rich feature set that they can use in the later years of the hardware. The hardware has to grow over time. That’s why I refer to it as a super-charged PC architecture – there’s more in it than what you find in a PC.

There are all these customisations, such as what we did to the GPU and other parts of the system to ensure that they would really be these systems that programmers could dig into in year three or four of the console life-cycle.

Even indies are used to balance :p

While that five-year development cycle is likely to include AAA titles, smaller indie games are also a huge part of the PS4 ecosystem, with Cerny saying that “they act to balance out [AAA games]” because “variety of is experience is key to PlayStation 4. I think we’re going to see an incredible variety on PS4.”

http://www.*************************/2013/07/12/mark-cerny-on-the-ps4-hardware-theres-more-in-it-than-what-you-find-in-a-pc/

Is there a better mark cerny quote where he actually states the PS4 is balanced or the architecture is balanced

He just used it as a verb in that case and not a technical descriptor

nib95

Banned
Can we have a list of false Xbox One prophecies, so far I've got:

Dual APU Setup
Upgrade 8 GB RAM to 12 GB of RAM
Secret dGPU hidden from developers
Secret Sauces
GDDR5's latency problems make it inferior to DDR3
Cloud Enhanced Rendering

I don't think a platform has ever launched with such an overwhelming sense of delusion.

Esram
ColorBlock
DME
Audio Chip
Jpeg decoder
Balance

Top Bottom