• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Life '06 PS3 flier

Jim

We've seen these here and there as part of the retail posters, but someone over at MiVADiKA (http://mivadika.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857) was nice enough to scan the flier from Digital Life 06.

Of interest... the controller's evil red eye.

ps3_flier_01.jpg

ps3_flier_06.jpg

(dunno if they allow hotlinking)

The rest, here: http://mivadika.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
that red button looks really out of place on that controller... the SIXAXIS controller, that's a SIXAXIS controller that we've called the SIXAXIS controller.

Remember, it's the SIXAXIS controller.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Only next gen console with backwards compatibility. Sony really doesn't care about Wii :lol

ps3_flier_05.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
mrwilt said:
Why are there two red lights on the console?
It overheated - there's no PS3 that works long enough to even take a picture without it crashing.

Same goes for the controller, hence the red eye.

Miburou

HOT!

And I think they mean the PS3 is the only next-gen console that's backwards compatible with every one of its predecessors, not just its immediate one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
kaching said:
It overheated - there's no PS3 that works long enough to even take a picture without it crashing.

Same goes for the controller, hence the red eye.

LOL, the controller overheats.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Did I miss something? Is the red PS button just a Photoshop or does the button change colors or what?

The red button is supposed to have some secret functionality but Sony hasn't disclosed it yet. It's probably sometime like the 360 controller

Speevy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
The red button is supposed to have some secret functionality but Sony hasn't disclosed it yet. It's probably sometime like the 360 controller

Even with my limited imagination, I can't think of what else it could do.

Kittonwy

Banned
Neodiablo22 said:
I'm going to digital life 06 tommorow. Anything that people want me to try and get info/take photos of particularly?

Would you be kind enough to take some photos of PS3 games please? Thanks very much.:)

mrwilt

Page 3 of the flier is claiming 1 central processing unit and 8 Synergistic Processing Units. Can Sony claim 8 even though one is disabled or maybe they enabled the 8th now?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Doom_Bringer said:
Well we know the button itself is going to act like the 360's button but the question is why it's red

BuddyC

kenta said:
Did I miss something? Is the red PS button just a Photoshop or does the button change colors or what?
It blinks red when searching for a signal and has the ability to glow red while the system is on -- I'm not sure if it actually does though.

EDIT: As for why, I'm guessing legacy. After all, the analog indicator was red on the Dual Shock.

Y2Kev

kenta said:
Well we know the button itself is going to act like the 360's button but the question is why it's red

To let you know it is on? To let you know the battery status? I can totally think of other ways Sony can ripoff people. :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
Y2Kevbug11 said:
To let you know it is on? To let you know the battery status? I can totally think of other ways Sony can ripoff people. :D
To let you know when it would have been rumbling? So you can look down and see red and start SHAKING AND SHAKING AND SHAKING and say Wow this is immersive!!

Xrenity

What the hell, I didn't know they had PS3Connect24.

Anyway, SIXAXIS controller looks alright. Awesome how it can sense your EVERY move.

/edit
oops, wrote sixaxis backwards

Y2Kev

Xrenity said:
What the hell, I didn't know they had PS3Connect24.

Anyway, SIXAXIS controller looks alright. Awesome how it can sense your EVERY move.

/edit
oops, wrote sixaxis backwards

Sony actually announced the system would be "always on" at like E3 2k5.

ninge

not content with borrowing the motion sensing idea from nintendo (sans rumble) and the "live" button from the 360 pad they've now also got their own version of wii-connect24 too? or did i miss that announcement? Lets hope they thought about power-consumption too or we're all headed for a much faster global warming than predicted!

Only thing left is for them to announce "ps3 programming" and "meS3"..

oh well, at least we know the dpad won't suck like the 360 one ;)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Damn the good ol' dualshock really shows its age when paired with the slick ps3. They really should have updated the thing, at least a few cosmetics upgrades.

Mrbob

ninge said:
not content with borrowing the motion sensing idea from nintendo (sans rumble) and the "live" button from the 360 pad they've now also got their own version of wii-connect24 too? or did i miss that announcement? Lets hope they thought about power-consumption too or we're all headed for a much faster global warming than predicted!

Sony announced PS3 being always on at E3 2005, way before Nintendo did.

Nintendo stole Sony's always on. Sony stole Nintendo's tilt. Tit for tat. ;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ninge said:
not content with borrowing the motion sensing idea from nintendo (sans rumble) and the "live" button from the 360 pad they've now also got their own version of wii-connect24 too? or did i miss that announcement?

Yeah this always on stuff has been known for awhile, it just hasn't been at the forefront of any recent talk.

Razoric

Banned
ninge said:

I think that's been known for awhile... and with the little "meS3" joke, actually Sony has been wanting to do some kind of "myspace" thing (whatever that means) for quite some time. But I'm sure select gaffers will say sony copied Nintendo on that too. :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
ninge said:

What is Wii-connect 24?

Zunzo

ps3_flier_07.jpg

So now it is officially confirmed, that the 20gig PS3 version will also sport an HDMI Connector, just like the japanese 20gig PS3.

Good decision Sony.

*Finally after all....(I'm one of those bit** slapped europeans*

Whatever the real power of the PS3 may be, this flier certainly suggests lots of it. Sony (or the marketing studio it works with) knows a thing or two about making **** look good.

Top Bottom