• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Hey guys can someone tell me why we should listen Emily? I'm really curious about nx information and I was wondering how good her track record is since everyone believes her!

She's been right about a lot of stuff in the past - particularly when it came to 3DS system updates and Direct dates.

Sadist

Kimishima-san please release NX inf-

CPDeyL9UEAEAHE7.jpg

NO

EDarkness

I don't really care much for speculation and opinion compilations unless they're based on some sort of new rumor, but it's pretty entertaining seeing all this stuff go down to the wire as we near a reveal.

At least, I hope we're near the reveal.

Heh, well, every day we get closer...even if it's revealed in March of next year. Heh, heh.

Caelus

Don't hold your breath.

I'll do it even if it kills me. :(((((
My dream clamshell NX would look like:

post_feature_gpdxd-816x420.jpg

With the top half having that 6 inch 720p screen, a hinge like the Surface Book, and a detachable bottom half to use as a possible traditional controller. Also regular tilt joysticks instead of circle pads. Would help with that portability aspect, protect the screen and still be a sleek device.

Emphasis on 'dream' of course.

^While I much prefer the prospect of a return to a split controller rather than a one piece traditional pad, I will miss the clamshell design for its screen protection. Well, as long as it's not like the shitty early 3DS where parts from the bottom half would put lines in the top screen.

With the top half having that 6 inch 720p screen, a hinge like the Surface Book, and a detachable bottom half to use as a possible traditional controller. Also regular tilt joysticks instead of circle pads. Would help with that portability aspect, protect the screen and still be a sleek device.

Now that I think of it - this would be absolutely kick ass.

Terrell

Sales of Wii U hardware and software largely suggest that it's only being bought for Mario games and Splatoon. To me, that points towards it being mostly a Nintendo enthusiast system, especially when considering the lack of a mass market/family targeting price.

Where to me, it points to a piece of hardware that was purchased with little-to-no 3rd party titles and those games being, y'know, good games. It's not like there were a ton of options. Besides, we're running dangerously close to saying that only Nintendo enthusiasts bought a 3DS because of how Nintendo's games perform on that platform, as well, and I don't think you're prepared to argue that.

If Nintendo thought there was a substantial market for a home console, they wouldn't make a handheld with a TV-out port. Especially not if this could alienate their existing user base. But if there's a large overlap, this wouldn't be much of an issue.

If Nintendo didn't think there was a substantial market for a home console, they would have stopped trying after the Gamecube, heck, maybe even after the N64, when they could have thrown all their weight behind the handheld market and been done with it rather than throwing good money away until the Wii happened. That statement of yours goes both ways.

But as said, without evidence, your view can be different. Perhaps you have a dozen of friends who aren't really into video gaming and all own a Wii U.
I know parents who own a Wii U for their kids (one being my brother, whose enjoyment of video games is limited to EA Sports and Mario Kart), another group who aren't enthusiasts but loved one of Nintendo's larger franchises enough to own one... I think it's dangerous to lump all sales for Wii U under the enthusiast-only bracket.

Dr. Worm

Banned
You know, GAF is kinda showing the hybrid to be a failed idea before it's even announced, since it seems that not a single person here is able to think of it as anything more than a portable with HDMI out. :/

Isn't Nintendo's strength supposed to be expanding imaginations, redefining how we think about innovation in hardware, and giving customers what they didn't know they wanted?

It's their job to sell it to us. Internet randos don't do that job.

Eolz

That'd be great for sure.

I really do feel this is the week of either an announcement of the reveal or the reveal itself.

My bet's on an announcement within the next few days for an unveiling on Tuesday, October 4th.

I really do feel this is the week of either an announcement of the reveal or the reveal itself.

My bet's on an announcement within the next few days for an unveiling on Tuesday, October 4th.
October 4th is Pokémon news. I think more than likely if we get an announcement this week the reveal may not but until October 6 I think or the following Tuesday. Maybe they want Paper Mario to release (Oct. 7)

October 4th is Pokémon news. I think more than likely if we get an announcement this week the reveal may not but until October 6 I'm think or the following Tuesday. Maybe they want Paper Mario to release.

Man, I hope you're right, because I'm busy the morning of October 4th! Any other day would be perfect for me.

Banned
Soon as in:

Soony Delaystation 4

#LatenessAwaits
#4TheWaiters

Both. My gut says announcement on Tuesday with reveal direct on Thursday.

It could be the spicy chicken I ate for dinner though.

Soon as in:

Soony Delaystation 4

#LatenessAwaits
#4TheWaiters

I was hoping to watch Nate's video yesterday

I'll settle for spicy chicken today

Soon as in:

Soony Delaystation 4

#LatenessAwaits
#4TheWaiters

No way they only announce less than 2 days in advance for a major corporate shift in strategy and their largest product announcement.

I really hope Nintendo takes more of a 3DS/Wii approach to the NX reveal. If the system is still scheduled for March 2017, I'd like to see them reveal most of their 2017 lineup. Instead of a Wii U scenario where they barely show any games and then scramble and show off games 2-3 years away.

Also Wednesday is my birthday so I hope we know when the reveal for the NX is by then. I doubt it but I'm thinking the reveal will most likely be sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Speely

Banned
Got this ache in m' leg that acts up sometimes. Old break. Mmmhm. Only happens when there's a storm comin'. Used t' be, any old mess brewin' up there in the clouds'd do. These days... well, it only gets t' actin up when there's a real shit-churner bout t' dump down.

M' leg's hurtin t'day, friends. Deep, slow ache, like seein' an old lover smilin' at someone bigger'n they ever smiled at you. It's tellin me this week we'll see the first drops, but it ain't till the 4th we're gonna see thunder n' lightnin.

But it's a-comin.

Banned
Got this ache in m' leg that acts up sometimes. Old break. Mmmhm. Only happens when there's a storm comin'. Used t' be, any old mess brewin' up there in the clouds'd do. These days... well, it only gets t' actin up when there's a real shit-churner bout t' dump down.

M' leg's hurtin t'day, friends. Deep, slow ache, like seein' an old lover smilin' at someone bigger'n they ever smiled at you. It's tellin me this week we'll see the first drops, but it ain't till the 4th we're gonna see thunder n' lightnin.

But it's a-comin.

BRB. Notifying Kotaku.

Hydrus

I really want this. Make the dock look like the 3ds cradle and we good.

Nintendo_3DS_Charger_1.jpg

So what are the chances we get another clam shell design?

Guys guys my Uncle works at Nintendo and he told me that they will reveal NX on Tuesday.

Believe.....

I can confirm my aunt has a brother that works for KFC and the spicy chicken is 40% off on Tuesday

I hear modbot down the hall guys get back on topic, so that NX is a hot topic today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom