• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinosaurs in Battlefield 4 - New Information from Drift0r (Video)

You have to excuse me i'm pretty short sighted when it comes to threads. I only read the last few of each page and jump in where I fit.

Nah, you're good. Happens.

EA should just purchase the Turok franchise and give the title to Crytek.

0_0

Want.

Raptors riding T-Rexes.

Now, ahem, would you mind explaining to me why these dinosaurs are trying to reproduce during a fight? I mean, I'm pretty sure the battle would be over before there could be any significant increase in their numbers. Then again, dinosaurs were probably pretty stupid, what with those small brains.

Not gonna happen brahs.

no dino for all ya'll

calling it right now

Debbie_Downer.PNG

...or like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It's like people don't read my posts. :/ It's like, you wouldn't have to spend so much time coming to that conclusion if you would read somebody else's posts who already has come to that conclusion himself.

don't blame us, we are just Nietzsches virtual heralds of the eternal recurrence of game mechanics

kubus

I bought Battlefield 3 at launch because it looked amazing and I wanted to get into online fps. Unfortunately I sucked badly and just getting killed all the time turned me off. Even bought the Premium thing but never played any of the expansions... Thrown away money :(. Not gonna buy BF4 because I don't feel like playing a game in which I feel useless all the time and people complain about my k/d.

If there is a Dino DLC for BF4 I'll buy BF4 though. I love dinosaurs and I think it would make for a really fun expansion. I don't really see a "riding-dinos" mode happening but I'd love a hunting mode or survival mode. So put me on the list for potential new customers, EA!

Seriously though, no one has made a petition or something? Wonder how many signatures it would get. Make some noise!

i dont generally like multiplayer FPS games but if they add dinosaurs to BF4 i'll buy the game
... And that makes two :)

I bought Battlefield 3 at launch because it looked amazing and I wanted to get into online fps. Unfortunately I sucked badly and just getting killed all the time turned me off. Even bought the Premium thing but never played any of the expansions... Thrown away money :(. Not gonna buy BF4 because I don't feel like playing a game in which I feel useless all the time and people complain about my k/d.

If there is a Dino DLC for BF4 I'll buy BF4 though. I love dinosaurs and I think it would make for a really fun expansion. I don't really see a "riding-dinos" mode happening but I'd love a hunting mode or survival mode. So put me on the list for potential new customers, EA!

Seriously though, no one has made a petition or something? Wonder how many signatures it would get. Make some noise!

You really should have kept at it. My brother was an all out Call of Duty fan. He would not play anything else (on the PC. He did play a lot of Forza 3 and 4 on my 360 and some Halo). Our other brother convinced him to buy BF3, but after trying it a few times, he gave up. I kept trying to convince him to, (mostly because I was curious if I should get it as well) and he finally did, but he kept going back to mw3 because he liked it better. It took him about a week more before I noticed that he had not even touched mw3 for a while. Asked him why, and he said "once you get used to [BF3], you really don't want to go back. I don't even care about mw3 anymore. This is sooo much better." I don't know that he's touched mw3 since. It just takes some getting used to because of the learning curve and yes you'll get killed all the time, but once you start getting good, you'll wonder how you could have ever not wanted to play it.

don't blame us, we are just Nietzsches virtual heralds of the eternal recurrence of game mechanics

Meh, I just hate sounding obnoxious when I repeat myself so many times.

... And that makes two :)

And this makes 3. Can we just, like, make a thread about how many people seriously want this on GAF? I mean, that's what Drift0r said in the first place (in the OP's video).

People greatly misinterpret DICE's dinosaur easter eggs as something more than it is. A small, but very cool token of fan service. Nothing more.

The same could have and probably was said for Faith's shoes on the End Game roof tops. Yeah the dino thing has a much smaller chance of happening, but if it came out as a stand alone DLC I would probably buy it.:)

The 2142 fan service easter eggs are what I found the coolest, but also saddening. I would kill for Frostbite 3 based 2143 but its probably not going to happen. How I miss thee, Titan Mode.

kubus

You really should have kept at it. My brother was an all out Call of Duty fan. He would not play anything else (on the PC. He did play a lot of Forza 3 and 4 on my 360 and some Halo). Our other brother convinced him to buy BF3, but after trying it a few times, he gave up. I kept trying to convince him to, (mostly because I was curious if I should get it as well) and he finally did, but he kept going back to mw3 because he liked it better. It took him about a week more before I noticed that he had not even touched mw3 for a while. Asked him why, and he said "once you get used to [BF3], you really don't want to go back. I don't even care about mw3 anymore. This is sooo much better." I don't know that he's touched mw3 since. It just takes some getting used to because of the learning curve and yes you'll get killed all the time, but once you start getting good, you'll wonder how you could have ever not wanted to play it.
Hehe, yeah, I wish I had the motivation to actually get better. But I don't have any friends to play with (so ronery) and I think this game only shines when you can communicate through voice chat with your squad. I don't use voicechat when I'm playing with strangers because the fact that A) I'm a girl, and B) I'm not really good at the game is enough to get a lot of trash talking thrown at me and getting kicked out of games and stuff :(. Maybe with BF4 I can work out a way to play with my boyfriend because he is a really good BF3 player and he plays a lot, and obviously, he would love to teach me the ropes and would respect me. But living together + me being a PC gamer and he a PS3 player makes it difficult to play together :p. Thanks for your pep talk though, appreciate it :). Maybe I'll pick up BF3 again soon and give it a try.
lol gta just came out, as if

Hehe, yeah, I wish I had the motivation to actually get better. But I don't have any friends to play with (so ronery) and I think this game only shines when you can communicate through voice chat with your squad. I don't use voicechat when I'm playing with strangers because the fact that A) I'm a girl, and B) I'm not really good at the game is enough to get a lot of trash talking thrown at me and getting kicked out of games and stuff :(. Maybe with BF4 I can work out a way to play with my boyfriend because he is a really good BF3 player and he plays a lot, and obviously, he would love to teach me the ropes and would respect me. But living together + me being a PC gamer and he a PS3 player makes it difficult to play together :p. Thanks for your pep talk though, appreciate it :). Maybe I'll pick up BF3 again soon and give it a try.

lol @ peptalk :p

Also, meh about the voicechat. I don't really know anyone personally that does. Birgirpall doesn't

---

Stinkles
sober, clothed, willing
(Today, 02:40 PM)

Willing?

0_0

Dinosaurs in Halo confirmed!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing a standalone game like this, but not made by DICE though. They need to spend their time on more multiplayer maps for BF4 and start working on Battlefront.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I've never used voice chat on Battlefield, I only play with randoms, I'm on PS3 and I still have a blast. You can still make some communication through the use of select/back/pcbuttonequivalentformarkingenemiesandrequestingteammateactions. Be sure to try the different classes and figure out what works for you. Take note of enemy tactics and try to replicate them. Make sure you're aware of weapon types and the situations they're best suited for, and how best they are used. Ask a homie some questions if you're frustrated with something, or if you see something that you don't know how to do.

kubus

lol @ peptalk :p
Haha didn't know what else to call it. You did make me consider trying again, though, so it fits, a bit :p

I've never used voice chat on Battlefield, I only play with randoms, I'm on PS3 and I still have a blast. You can still make some communication through the use of select/back/pcbuttonequivalentformarkingenemiesandrequestingteammateactions. Be sure to try the different classes and figure out what works for you. Take note of enemy tactics and try to replicate them. Make sure you're aware of weapon types and the situations they're best suited for, and how best they are used. Ask a homie some questions if you're frustrated with something, or if you see something that you don't know how to do.
I've only played without voice chat so far but whenever I see my boyfriend play he always has voice chat on with a friend. So my opinion is probably based on that :p. I liked to play medic because I got really good at reviving teammates and thus actually was appreciated sometimes, lol.

I'll leave it that though because this doesn't really have anything to do with dinosaurs and obviously, dinosaurs need to be discussed. Thanks for the advice :)

DINOSAURS

Derrick01

Banned
They really don't need to be adding silly shit like this to the game. I hope it's a standalone game and doesn't affect the map or mode layout on 4's MP where I'll basically be forced to get it if I want to keep finding games.

Haha didn't know what else to call it. You did make me consider trying again, though, so it fits, a bit :p

I've only played without voice chat so far but whenever I see my boyfriend play he always has voice chat on with a friend. So my opinion is probably based on that :p. I liked to play medic because I got really good at reviving teammates and thus actually was appreciated sometimes, lol.

I'll leave it that though because this doesn't really have anything to do with dinosaurs and obviously, dinosaurs need to be discussed. Thanks for the advice :)

DINOSAURS

Well, somebody make a thread about how many of us are serious about this.

They really don't need to be adding silly shit like this to the game. I hope it's a standalone game and doesn't affect the map or mode layout on 4's MP where I'll basically be forced to get it if I want to keep finding games.

Oh, stop being different.

Top Bottom