• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discover Classic Samples used on Hip Hop albums

Thanks for all the thanks, subs and contributions!

Time for a random recommendation:

Wu fans know about this, but there's a great album trilogy called "Shaolin Soul" and it contains a lot of tracks that were sampled by the RZA (and other producers).

They were released on a french record label, Episodes 1 and 2 in 1998 and 2001, Episode 3 and the re-releases of the first two in 2014.

shaolinsoulrfuy1.jpg

Shaolin Soul Episode 1 (Full Album)

Needless to say it's highly recommended even if you don't recognize the samples or know much about the Wu. Just great, classic music.

This is great. I've discovered a lot of older artists through digging up the samples on my favorite hip-hop albums, so I'm glad to see that side getting more attention lately. Watching the OB4CL video now and so much great music.

Also with the ytma extension that first post locked my computer up hahaha

BumRush

I remember a couple of years back I was at a retirement party and the song Kendrick samples for The Recipe came on. It made me so happy.

O.C. - Jewelz

Message from Vinny Pagan/VinRican:

"Peace Wax Only heads, I know it's been a minute since I dropped an episode, but here's a quick update. I'm starting to get flagged for some of my videos. I'm vigorously Working with the publishing companies/record labels to get a lot of these episodes cleared. The N.W.A episode will hopefully re-uploaded in the next few weeks (I'm hoping) I'm hoping and praying to continue this series, but am still unclear if I'll be able to. Keep your fingers crossed."

Now that would suck. Maybe I should start saving these videos.

Top Bottom