• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 vs. The Witcher 3

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 185 78.7%
  • Dishonored 2

Votes: 50 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

TXl4AvF.jpg

GymWolf

Why in the fuck you put dishonored 2 against w3??

Well it's the arkane game for me, there is no amount of good sidequest in w3 that can beat the level design and freedom of dishonored saga, both games are my goty in their respective release years (both dishonored games)

This is gonna be a massacre if we consider that 50 people worldwide have played the arkane games...

Hot take, both expansion for W3 are far better than the vanilla game in terms of plot.

Last edited:

DjMystix

Well it's the arkane game for me, there is no amount of good sidequest in w3 to beat the level design and freedom of dishonored saga, both games are my goty in their respective release years (both dishonored games)

This is gonna be a massacre if we consider that 50 people worldwide have played the arkane games...

This is my entire issue with this whole GOTG thing going on. Several games that absolutely should be in the semi finals are already out because of the ridiculous pairing. Not saying dishonered should be in that semi final list, I have too many issues with that game. But yeah, I kinda lost interest the minute I saw these pairings that makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Different games really, i couldn't play the witcher 3 as i didn't like the combat but i did want to though, and i loved Dishonored 2 as i did the 1st one, however the broken PC port that took 3 months to make it run better, ruined the experience at the time, but it's dishonored 2 for me, i've replayed it quite a few times and playing as Corvo or Emily made the game even better i thought. and the levels design were great, i didn't like the Death of the Outsider as much though.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Witcher 3 is a game many would place in the category of one of the best games of all time. Whilst Dishonored 2 is a good/really good game, I don't think too many would put it in that same category.

So, yeah. Witcher 3.
Dishonored has some of the best level design ever created in gaming history and it's not an exageration , the fact that few people played these games or that immersive sims is a niche genre compared to action rpg doesn't mean that dishonored saga is not excellent in what they do.

In terms of freedom, stealth, level design and even combat (just watch stealthbrgame videos on yt) dishonored saga crushes w3 by a long margin but they are 2 very different games to even start a comparison...it's not like W3 is better in everything compared to dishonored...far from that.

Last edited:

Paasei

Hardest choice for me so far..... Damn.

Dishonored 2 would win it if it was about gameplay and level design, easily. The nearly unlimited ways to creatively do what you want is crazy good and fun.

Gameplay for me is the most important aspect of any game. However, this doesn't mean things like graphics, story and any other aspect that make a good game don't matter.
And The Witcher 3 wins most of those aspects if I have to be honest with myself.

For me personally, I make the right choice by selecting The Witcher 3. It still hurts, though.

.Pennywise

Banned
Yeah, someone was gonna have to face TW3, God of War, BOTW, etc.

Some people complain it's too unfair for the "smallest" game, while some complain it's too unfair to put good against each other (see TLOU2 out 1st round).

People get really heated up when a game they like loses, but that's how it is 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

Well it's the arkane game for me, there is no amount of good sidequest in w3 that can beat the level design and freedom of dishonored saga, both games are my goty in their respective release years (both dishonored games)

Hot take, both expansion for W3 are far better than the vanilla game in terms of plot.

Eh. People have complained about all these matchups, there is no method that would make everyone happy. No matter what game W3 goes up against somebody is going to love it and claim it is unfair.

Kadayi

Banned
This is my entire issue with this whole GOTG thing going on. Several games that absolutely should be in the semi finals are already out because of the ridiculous pairing. Not saying dishonered should be in that semi final list, I have too many issues with that game. But yeah, I kinda lost interest the minute I saw these pairings that makes no sense whatsoever.

tenor.gif

Tesseract

Banned
kinda like the way these games are pitted against each other, makes you think about mismatched systems

witcher 3 was a fun ride, good story, mechanics were awful (movement was so bad that it got completely reworked) w / worst encounters ever among top rated rpgs

dishonored is just fucking fantastic to play, go watch some 'pro' plays on youtube and be amazed

Verchod

I've played both, one is good and the other is superb.
Frankly I'm stunned that Witcher 3 is ahead of Dishonored. It's a good RPG but that's it. There's nothing really original or imaginative about it.
Dishonored 2 is a better game in every department.

We don't deserve nice things. Or maybe I don't.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I dont understand why we need to do these silly competitions. Some of the games are not even close to game of the year, let alone of the generation.
Why not vote for the best game of this year so far, and then put all the GotY against each other. This will leave the game of the Generation.

Probably The WItcher 3 deservers the crown of Game of the Gen. It's open world has changed the way gaming community and gaming industry consider open world.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

There will be The Witcher / Bloodborne semi-final, right? Fuck this shit.

BB will get robbed once again :D

Esca

I'm in the minority but I voted for Dishonored 2. I love the series and 2 was so good. I liked the Witcher 3 but I didn't fall in love with it like others have, I don't know why.

Mozzarella

Witcher 3 with its two expansions is a great package, masterpiece imo.
Dishonored 2 is also good, so i will give it credit. Arkane studios are one of the best gameplay developers out there, Prey got robbed and Dishonored 2 will most likely get knocked out, unfortunate for Arkane games as they got harder matchups compared to Ghost of Tsushima because they are not PS4 exclusive, something is fishy with matchmaking, hmmmm..

Top Bottom