• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney+ Features Exclusive Extras (Deleted Scenes) That Aren't on Blu-Rays

ManaByte

Disney+ launches in the morning and people in the beta are finding exclusive extras on the service that aren't on the Blu-Rays of the movies.

Katherine Langford's deleted scene as Morgan Stark is included on the Disney+ extras for Avengers: Endgame. It wasn't on the Blu-Ray.

then-vs-now-photo-u1

sol_bad

Well, the movie studios have always been arseholes about extra features and what not.
Movies get released on DVD bare bones, then released again with a ton of features, then they release it on blu ray bare bones, then again with a ton of features. Same goes for movies that need a remaster, they knowingly release films on blu ray knowing they'll look like shit and then release them again later after they are remastered.
Very annoying to be honest.

I haven't bought any blu rays for about 5 years though so minimal impact on me recently. When I'm back in oz I'll bloody be buying a ton of movies at JB Hifi.
Bring on the sweet $10, 2 for $20 and 2 for $30 deals!!!!!!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Little bit off-topic, but not having seen the deleted scene... wow, that would have been a cool ending for Endgame.

GV82

'member when DVDs and Blu-Rays contained all the extras?

No? That’s why they’d re-release them over and over now with extra features.

All the way back to the first X-Men & Spider-Man dvd’s as an example, Normal edition came out loaded with extras, then a few years later new 1.5 editions came out with new bonus features

For some films Anniversaries they’d get new stuff too 🤷🏻‍♂️ I also remember back when HMV (at least in the UK ) would also have a exclusive Bonus Disc of extras sometimes too, not available elsewhere, so instead of the usual 2 DVD Set it was a Triple Disc set of extra extra bonus features, not on the main, nor the features disc.

Sometimes the same with Blurays too you'd get one edition, then another re-release, now with even more bonus stuff.

Last edited:
No? That’s why they’d re-release them over and over now with extra features.

All the way back to the first X-Men & Spider-Man dvd’s as an example, Normal edition came out loaded with extras, then a few years later new 1.5 editions came out with new bonus features

For some films Anniversaries they’d get new stuff too 🤷🏻‍♂️ I also remember back when HMV (at least in the UK ) would also have a exclusive Bonus Disc of extras sometimes too, not available elsewhere, so instead of the usual 2 DVD Set it was a Triple Disc set of extra extra bonus features, not on the main, nor the features disc.

Sometimes the same with Blurays too you'd get one edition, then another re-release, now with even more bonus stuff.
You are not wrong, but you misinterpreted my point. This thread is about a streaming service having exclusive extras over the physical editions. The issue here is the fact that, in lieu of Disney+, there won't be a definitive physical edition for some time. No one wants to buy a new copy of - insert Disney movie here-, only to find out you need to pay an additional fee online to truly watch all the extras.

Last edited:
Ive got to be honest I don't think I've ever cared about extras on a DVD or bluray enough to want to own them, sure extra scenes and bloopers or making ofs are interesting but I'd be happy to check them out once and never again. The only exception is when there is a directors ut / theatrical on one disc. I like that.

Tesseract

Banned
i dunno what the deal is with hollywood and the beach world paradise, but the shit creeps me out

it's the same singularity blood horizon paradise across multiple domains, shit it's even trickling into video games

Last edited:

desertdroog

Got Disney+ from my Verizon service for one year. Mandalorian is all I ever wanted in a Bounty Hunter side story. Favreau is doing a deep dive on the lore (or what can be expected of the retconning of the canon) and is a damn fine choice for this. I hope the quality keeps up.

Top Bottom