• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Have 11 original power discs and four repeats. That means I have three Bolts total (sucks because I've never been interested in that movie), an extra cane, and an extra Felix. But I did get Buzz Lightyear's rare and Dumbo's rare. Wish Abu wasn't rare because he's who I want the most!
Bolt is actually an awesome movie. Only slightly behind Meet The Robinsons (which is a huge compliment)

Yuripaw

Banned
So after I posted my pictures on the last page, I actually had to drive all the way back to the Best Buy...because even though the outer box was clearly for the Wii U version of Disney Infinity, when I opened it up, the game that was inside was the Wii version, NOT the Wii U version =/ so had to drive all the way back there and exchange it.

I'm excited to play the game, but at this point, I wanna just get some sleep before I play lol Been up most of the night.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone know how long each specific playset lasts when it comes to gameplay?

Has anyone played it on the Wii U? I'm actually pretty bummed I didn't get that one since everyone here seems to have gotten that SKU.

Just generally I'm wondering about performance. I got to see a Wii U version pre-release at an event and it was pretty stuttery. Every time the player performed some form of interactive action, it would pause a bit. Disney people said that it wasn't the final version so bugs like that would be fixed, but I'd still like to know graphics wise and performance wise how the Wii U stacks up

Dragoshi1

Played 10 minutes of the first Toybox area, on Wii U.

The area you wind up in after the tutorial(or during the tutorial?).

Anyway, did it splitscreen with a sibling, and it's amazingly fun. Each character has witty banter against the other, my Randall was chattin' it up with Jack Sparrow!

When I tried going to the museum/hall of heroes(?) area, the game froze, and locked up the Wii U. Eh...

Restarted, and jumped straight into Lone Ranger co-op, and the world is pretty big(some areas are locked off at the start, so the beginning area is pretty big).

The combat is fun, riding horses and donkeys is fun, but unfortunately the framerate dips down quite a bit every now and then. It's not horrific drops, but its definitely noticeable. Still playable, though.

I'm gonna go back in a while to do the Incredibles playset.

Gutted that the toy box mode isn't like the toy story one

I absolutely loved doing the little missions and collecting things in that

Still I'm hoping for some fun creations to download

Fuck me, I went to order the TRU exclusives for in store pick up, and got distracted for 5 minutes and they all sold out :( If i had just been a bit quicer :(

Anyone know how long each specific playset lasts when it comes to gameplay?

Monsters University I beat in about 8 hours to complete every mission and unlock every toy to the toy box. Pirates took me just under 7 hours for the same thing. Right now playing through Incredibles. It all depends on how thorough you want to be. If you're just focusing on story, you can knock off an hour or two.

(Got a pre-release copy)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Monsters University I beat in about 8 hours to complete every mission and unlock every toy to the toy box. Pirates took me just under 7 hours for the same thing. Right now playing through Incredibles. It all depends on how thorough you want to be. If you're just focusing on story, you can knock off an hour or two.

(Got a pre-release copy)

About 7-8 hours for each? That's sounds good to me. Do you think the game is worth full price?

gotee12

The only hiccups I'm encountering on the Wii U version is during some of the cut scenes and part of the intro. It's not skipped during actual gameplay yet.

About 7-8 hours for each? That's sounds good to me. Do you think the game is worth full price?

Absolutely. The play sets are extremely fun, and they are most like the Toy box mode of Toy Story 3. $75 for over 20 hours of pretty diverse gameplay (each playset plays vastly different from the other) with some sweet figures to boot is IMO a much better deal than Skylanders. Like I said in my previous posts, the Toy Box mode is a little too clunky for my taste. They could have really simplified the controls and add a Snap-to mode, to make things like tiling terrain easier, but instead, it's all just a little too precise and 'floaty'. This could be fixed with the iPad app that lets you build world for Toy Box, but until then, I think I'll just download levels from more patient players who can deal with the controls.

JohngPR

I went PS3 for dem trophies.... :( ALso will probably get Infinity 2 on PS4.

My two things are the Wii U might make menu management a lot easier by having things on the Gamepad, but I don't have a second controller on Wii U. Does the game allow you to use Wii remotes on Wii U?

Gutted that the toy box mode isn't like the toy story one

I absolutely loved doing the little missions and collecting things in that

Still I'm hoping for some fun creations to download

Disney Infinity's playsets are actually very similar to Toy Story 3's toybox mode. Disney Infinity's toybox mode is like Garry's Mod for kids.

My two things are the Wii U might make menu management a lot easier by having things on the Gamepad, but I don't have a second controller on Wii U. Does the game allow you to use Wii remotes on Wii U?

It requires Wii Remotes for 2nd play on Wii U, pro pad is not supported.

Plinko

Absolutely. The play sets are extremely fun, and they are most like the Toy box mode of Toy Story 3. $75 for over 20 hours of pretty diverse gameplay (each playset plays vastly different from the other) with some sweet figures to boot is IMO a much better deal than Skylanders. Like I said in my previous posts, the Toy Box mode is a little too clunky for my taste. They could have really simplified the controls and add a Snap-to mode, to make things like tiling terrain easier, but instead, it's all just a little too precise and 'floaty'. This could be fixed with the iPad app that lets you build world for Toy Box, but until then, I think I'll just download levels from more patient players who can deal with the controls.

Great--thanks for the writeup. I'll be picking it up. I love the fact they went crossplatform for toy box mode. Really hoping some talented people get a hold of this.

Just got my haul. Sidekicks and Villains packs for $15 each from Walmart, Lone Ranger set $17.50 from Target , and ended up PMing the Cars set for $17.50 at Walmart due to the streetdate error.

So about $65 for the 2 sets and 6 figures. Good deal!

Now just to wait for the game to arrive from Amazon...and then to wait till Christmas for my boys to open it.

It's going to be a loooong few months...

I don't want to play this game with that stupid nunchuk crap. 360 all way!!

So I picked up 8 exclusive TRU packs and ended up with 8 Mickey Cars. Terrible. I have an extra Alice in Wonderland and Mulan (horse I think).

Looking for anything TRON or the Dumbo ride. PM me please if interested.

ElNino

It requires Wii Remotes for 2nd play on Wii U, pro pad is not supported.
Hopefully this will be patched in since the box (game and bundle) show Wii U Pro and Wii Classic Pro controller support. That and I don't believe the Gamepad screen is really used for anything that couldn't be (or isn't already) mapped to a button as well.

One other issue I'm having the the Wii U version is that, like some other Wii U games, it seems to not output proper surround sound in game. With the Wii U setup to use surround sound and the console connected to my receiver with HDMI, I get the multi channel surround as expected, but nothing plays out of the surround speakers. I know Mario Wii U does this intentionally as it is a 2D game, but I find it hard to believe that Infinity does not have surround sound built in.

Pachimari

All of the sets are super expensive here. I think I might just pick up the figures, the game doesn't seem too appealing to me or maybe I'll just wait with the game until next month.

I don't want to play this game with that stupid nunchuk crap. 360 all way!!

So I picked up 8 exclusive TRU packs and ended up with 8 Mickey Cars. Terrible. I have an extra Alice in Wonderland and Mulan (horse I think).

Looking for anything TRON or the Dumbo ride. PM me please if interested.

TRON disks aren't out yet. All that is in the TRU packs are Mike's Car plus a random.

Yuripaw

Banned
Man, this was so hard for me...opened up all my figures finally. I mentioned earlier in the thread, that I still have a lot of Skylanders I haven't open...I dunno what it is, but I just have such a hard time opening toys, because of "value". I just said screw it though, because I wanna use these.

They just barely fit on the little shelf I have now...might need to come up with a better solution once more come out.

f6O8Fk7.jpg

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Just came back from tru with my daughter, got mike and violet, 2 of the power packs( cane, 2 holographic mikes in a car, and nemo ), plus the starter kit.

Triz

6 power packs a 4 duplicates. Damn you Disney! Did get the buzz light year rare though so I'm not completely mad. Are the power discs in the starter set random? I got the Alice in wonderland carriage and pulled it out of the booster pack too.

gotee12

6 power packs a 4 duplicates. Damn you Disney! Did get the buzz light year rare though so I'm not completely mad. Are the power discs in the starter set random? I got the Alice in wonderland carriage and pulled it out of the booster pack too.
Starter set discs are random. I got fix it Felix.

Holy shit does that look awesome.

It was like 2 am last night when I recorded that, I was getting pretty tired and still I was wow'd! Disney Magic. Played just a little bit of the Pirates play set but damnnn this looks to be a really fun awesome game. They got a hit on their hands I think. Just got the other two playsets today so :D Going to stream here in a little bit for those interested.

Looks like this will be divisive

Just seen three reviews it got 5 stars on a site called pocket lint, 2 stars on digital spy and 8 out of 10 on another site

I imagine the fun you take from it depends on your view on Disney and its worlds

Edit - as above lol lets hope digital spy just had a grumpy pants reviewing

I got 10 power disc packs and zero rare ones =(

Here's the full list of series 1

I got 14 different (including Mikes Car) and 6 duplicates.

duplicates I have are:

- Felix Repair Power
- Tangled theme for terrain objects
- Nemo theme for terrain objects (I got 3 of these total)
- Stitch's Blaster
- Carl's Cane

ones I need are:
- Pieces of Eight (more loot) ability
- King Candy's Dessert Toppings (sugar rush theme for terrain objects)
- Alice Sky theme
- Tangled Sky theme
- all 3 rare ones

Redshirt

Banned
Walmart has the triple packs for $14.96 online, too.

I got both. I didn't want to spend this much, but I couldn't resist the price; plus, I didn't have to go out again.

netguy503

It was like 2 am last night when I recorded that, I was getting pretty tired and still I was wow'd! Disney Magic. Played just a little bit of the Pirates play set but damnnn this looks to be a really fun awesome game. They got a hit on their hands I think. Just got the other two playsets today so :D Going to stream here in a little bit for those interested.

I'm interested. What's your twitch site?

Ok I've spent enough, now. Got just about everything except a few individual characters.

Not really liking how fragmented the experience is with Infinity right now. Maybe I'm just used to watching my son play Skylanders, which is really straight-forward.

Top Bottom