• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Plans Loki, Scarlet Witch TV Series (For Disney Play)

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Not so sure how good a Scarlet Witch series could be as she's very much a secondary character in terms of doing... well anything...
Loki show I'd like to see though.

the studio is in early development on an ambitious plan for a number of limited series centered on popular characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Specifically series about Tom Hiddleston’s Loki and Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch characters are in development along with other beloved superheroes who have yet to appear in their own standalone movies. The actors who portrayed the characters on film are expected to reprise them in the streaming shows.

Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes with budgets expected to rival those of a major studio production. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige is expected to take a hands-on role in their development, but no writers are yet attached.

Avengers that have gotten their own movies (ala Iron Man, Thor, Captain America) will not be getting their own shows.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/disney-plans-loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series/

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Okay yeah this would get me to subscribe to their service. Having the original actors is HUGE.

House of M contradicts that whole doing Scarlet Witch doing "nothing" thing :p

She's repeatedly messed with Marvels universe single handed numerous times.

Scarlett Witch is top 1% in terms of power in the Marvel Universe. I would really enjoy her show. Give me Moon Knight as well.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Not sure how, but they have done the Loki's Dead not dead a few times now and we don't know at what moment in time they are going to reset the universe.

If it goes as far back to resurrect Quicksilver then Agents of Shield could use it to bring back some of their dead like Grant Ward!

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
If it goes as far back to resurrect Quicksilver then Agents of Shield could use it to bring back some of their dead like Grant Ward!
I would lose my shit if that happened. Ward was one of the people you loved to hate and the show took a dip after that was gone.

Though not sure if Agents will still be around by then wasn't it hard for them to get the latest season?

Having the movie actors would be very cool though I dunno if I really care enough about either character individually to watch a show based around each of them. Have to see how they look whenever a trailer is released.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
That would be pretty big. Sounds like it would be pre-Avengers 4 or maybe there’s some reset after it that will free up everyone and allow them to shuffle actors around.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I would lose my shit if that happened. Ward was one of the people you loved to hate and the show took a dip after that was gone.

Though not sure if Agents will still be around by then wasn't it hard for them to get the latest season?

It was, but for some reason it was Disney (parent owner of ABC) who got ABC to renew it.

Krixeus

I remember thinking to myself after watching Thor Ragnarok that I'd love to see a movie of Loki and Thor growing up and all the pranks he pulled on a young Thor. Looks like the folks at Disney agree!

image.jpg

Akuza89

So I'm gathering...

Loki isn't dead anymore in avengers 4?

Don't open if you haven't seen infinity war!

Last edited:
Top Bottom