• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney+ will be available starting November 12 for $6.99 a month

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
god I love the world according to Jeff goldbloom. It is so quirky but really fun documentary. Loved all three episodes so far. This Next to the mandalorian I can’t wait for Friday updates So I can watch those 2 Shows when I get home from work.

Anyone else having issues with the Disney plus app on PS4? Random skipping and video freezing?

I was getting that until the patch yesterday. I watched all day with no freezes. Maybe I was just lucky

Sorry if this has been covered already, but are there classic Disney cartoons available on the service, aside from the feature length movies? It always killed me that the Disney Channel wasn't showing those constantly. I grew up with those cartoons, and they were already very old when I was watching them, but they're timeless and awesome.

Sorry if this has been covered already, but are there classic Disney cartoons available on the service, aside from the feature length movies? It always killed me that the Disney Channel wasn't showing those constantly. I grew up with those cartoons, and they were already very old when I was watching them, but they're timeless and awesome.
There are my 6 year old and I have been having a blast with Gargoyles, darkwing duck, ducktales and the mighty ducks cartoon.

As awesome as that is, and it really is, I was referring more to cartoons like this:

Ah of course "classic" means something different to everyone lol but the only like that I've seen on there has been the section that has Mickey Mouse cartoons all the way back to the steamboat willie days

mckmas8808

Banned
Anyone else having issues with the Disney plus app on PS4? Random skipping and video freezing?

I had that skipping on day 1 and day 2. But not now. PS4 Pro here if that matters.

Just got caught up on the Mandalorian. Really liking it, more like this please Disney.

It is really good. The music is amazing! It feels like we are living in a Star Wars world, instead of being spectators like in the movies.

So is my GF getting this right? Right now we have Hulu Plus ad free right now for 12 a month. If we sign up for Disney Plus, we will get a 5.99 credit towards our bill monthly and get to keep Ad Free Hulu plus have Disney + streaming?

mckmas8808

Banned
So is my GF getting this right? Right now we have Hulu Plus ad free right now for 12 a month. If we sign up for Disney Plus, we will get a 5.99 credit towards our bill monthly and get to keep Ad Free Hulu plus have Disney + streaming?

Yes! I already had Hulu Plus ad free too and after getting the bundle, I'm now getting Disney+ and ESPN+ and my Hulu Plus ad free for a total of $6.99 a month because I "DID NOT" activate the Hulu account in the bundle.

Mihos

Gold Member
Chronological order my man

If you do a few shots in between each movie, you should be nice and toasted enough to blackout everything in the Last Jedi.

Yes! I already had Hulu Plus ad free too and after getting the bundle, I'm now getting Disney+ and ESPN+ and my Hulu Plus ad free for a total of $6.99 a month because I "DID NOT" activate the Hulu account in the bundle.

Yeah, I had to cancel my bundle and suscribe to Hulu without ads. That is the only way to 'upgrade' according to Disney..... who ever designed this sucks.

Oh, and you have to wait until oyur current billing cycle is complete to do it, So most likely mid December.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Yeah, I had to cancel my bundle and suscribe to Hulu without ads. That is the only way to 'upgrade' according to Disney..... who ever designed this sucks.

Oh, and you have to wait until oyur current billing cycle is complete to do it, So most likely mid December.

OOOHHH!!! Wow! That's weird.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Everything works well, but I’m a little disappointed in the library. Outside of Star Wars (the real ones), a few Disney classics, and some Pixar faves, I wasn’t really into the movie selection. TV didn’t fare any better, other than a few nostalgic favorites.

It’s all fine for a starting service, but with all the hype, I couldn’t help but feel a little let down.

That said, it is a nice thing to be able to spend six dollars, or whatever, and view some real classics that would usually be about the same amount to rent, or worse, purchase-only.

Last edited:

royox

Disney+ still not on my country till MARCH. I hope those fucktards on disney don't expect half of the planet to wait till March to watch the Mandalorian.

cryptoadam

Banned
Everything works well, but I’m a little disappointed in the library. Outside of Star Wars (the real ones), a few Disney classics, and some Pixar faves, I wasn’t really into the movie selection. TV didn’t fare any better, other than a few nostalgic favorites.

It’s all fine for a starting service, but with all the hype, I couldn’t help but feel a little let down.

That said, it is a nice thing to be able to spend six dollars, or whatever, and view some real classics that would usually be about the same amount to rent, or worse, purchase-only.

Ya thats kinda the issue with the service. Disney's back catalogue isn't that good at least for non-animated movies/Star Wars/Marvel.

I have seen the Marvel movies and Star Wars movies on there I am not drawn to watch them again for the 3rd/4th/5th time. I watched Gargoyles and might catch an old cartoon but in the end they are cartoons, good but not as mind blowing when you were a kid.

Disney's live action back catalogue is pretty weak and it could also use some more FOX content to beef it up.

Good thing they didn't charge Netflix prices. At its price its good to pop in and out and catch something nostalgic. The real test is where it will be in a year from now once more originals show up. Though for me all the Marvel shows aren't that appealing.

At least make a live action original Gargoyles movie/series Disney!

Kagey K

Banned
Thanks, I guess I should of been more specific. Does anyone know what movies/tv shows will be uploaded soon or is there a schedule of stuff coming out? (Besides the marvel and Star Wars stuff)
I don’t know how accurate this is and if its US only or all regions but it’s the only timeframe we have so far.

Available on Disney Plus, December 2019
Dec. 1
  • Henry Hugglemonster (seasons 1-2)
  • Miles From Tomorrowland (seasons 1-3)
  • Sheriff Callie's Wild West (seasons 1-2)
  • Star vs. The Forces of Evil (seasons 1-4)
  • The Lion Guard (season 3)
  • Expedition Amelia
  • Garfield
  • Glory Road
  • The Incredible Dr. Pol (season 15)
  • The Incredible Dr. Pol: Blue Ribbon Kids
  • The Incredible Dr. Pol: Jingle Pols
  • Incredible! The Story of Dr. Pol
  • Just Like Me! (seasons 1-2)
  • Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts
  • Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, Heart of Iron
Dec. 3
  • One Day at Disney
Dec. 5
Dec. 6
  • The Mandalorian, chapter 5
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, episode 105
  • Encore!, episode 105: Annie Get Your Gun
  • Marvel's Hero Project, episode 105: Mighty Rebekah
  • The Imagineering Story, Part 5: A Carousel of Progress
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum, episode 105, BBQ
  • Forky Asks A Question: What is Love?
Dec. 11
  • Alice: Through the Looking Glass
Dec. 13
  • The Mandalorian, chapter 6
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, episode 106: What Team?
  • Encore! Episode 106: Oklahoma!
  • Marvel's Hero Project, episode 106: Make Way For Jahkil
  • The Imagineering Story: Finale, Part 6: To Infinity and Beyond
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum, episode 106: Gaming
  • Forky Asks A Question, What is a Computer?
  • SparkShorts, Wind

dorkimoe

First service I cancelled. Unless you’re a child its not worth it (After you finish mandalorian). It’s unbelievable to me how unprepared they were with new content. I might be alone in this but I’m not paying to watch old stuff ive already seen and own.

sol_bad

right now would be the best time to drop wandavision

like orbital drop shock troop drop it at random

It's still in post production. And depending on how closely tied it is to Doctor Strange 2 it may have to wait until that films release first.

Yay, we got up to the HD episodes last week, so they are fixing it just in time.

*sigh*

It figures.

At least they fixed it faster than Fox did.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
It's still in post production. And depending on how closely tied it is to Doctor Strange 2 it may have to wait until that films release first.

At least they fixed it faster than Fox did.
I suppose it gives me an excuse to watch the first 20 and a half seasons over again.

Disney Plus needs to find a random button. Where you hit it and it plays something random.

But that’s a whole other thread.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Canceled sub. Content is lackluster right now.
Better get used to it. We are at the beginning of the shift to cable being replaced by streaming services. There's not really any chance of Netflix happening again.

RPS37

I’m actually loving the service.
Watched every SW movie during the lockdown, now I’m halfway through the MCU movies.

Kagey K

Banned
I’m actually loving the service.
Watched every SW movie during the lockdown, now I’m halfway through the MCU movies.
Too many people put too much value on new content. Sorry Netflix I’m not watching garbage like “Too hot to Handle” I’d rather watch Ducktales.

If I want to see dumb people, I’ll go outside.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Better get used to it. We are at the beginning of the shift to cable being replaced by streaming services. There's not really any chance of Netflix happening again.

Do cable companies still lock people into contracts? If yes, there is a big difference in that respect.

dorkimoe

It’s embarrassing they can’t even get Lizzie McGuire reboot going because it’s “too mature”. Disney can fuck off.

Top Bottom