• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero 2 announced

IIDX games were being sustained in Japan with really poor sales, like 10-100k for countless iterations. I don't know what DJ Hero's numbers were but I bet they were better than that.

MF DOOM should be a playable character! Not say he's going to be, but he SHOULD! Hopefully the RZA rumor is true though.

edbrat

First one is brilliant fun though waited till about a week ago when it was discounted heavily. Will happily spring for disc of DJH2 on release.

kaskade

I wonder if there will be an improved turntable. I would be kind of happy if there wasn't so I didn't feel obligated to buy it. :lol

Also, yay for the free DLC.

shuri said:
the beatmania games were so awful. And the music was even shittier.

Haha this is so wrong, but I can admit it's not for everyone.

Edit: I should say that a lot of the music in iidx does suck horribly, which is one of the reasons for Pop'n Music superiority!

Fixed1979 said:
Can we assume that the content from DJH1 will be transferable to DJH2 (for a small fee)?

Somehow I doubt it, the mix tracks are more expensive to licence and they would have surely mentioned that feature in the press release. with 2 on sale they'll be able to sell 1 as a stand alone making more money.

BuzzJive

Why won't they give me that DLC on the Wii version? They built the feature in and really don't support it. THANKS.

Also - bring back the Beastie Boys.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Fixed1979 said:
Can we assume that the content from DJH1 will be transferable to DJH2 (for a small fee)?
Considering Activision's history with exports, you will be lucky if half your DJ1 songs transfer to DJ2.

Finguo

Struct09

Finguo said:
Might be a dump question but I'm only gonna get my first 360 in a couple of days and plan to buy DJ Hero soon. Can I already download the DLC although I don't own the game, yet? Once I've got the 360, of course.

Edit: Oh, it's Gold exclusive, I see. Well in that case it doesn't matter anyway since I won't join Live Gold anytime soon.

Yes, you can buy DLC for games you don't own (and download it later if need be)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Skiptastic said:
Outside of the other mentions, Justice mixed Master of Puppets with We Are Your Friends for the encore of their tour I saw them on. It was awesome.

And of course there was the song "Satan" by Orbital feat. Kirk Hammett (a rework of their song "The Saint"), that appeared on the Spawn movie soundtrack.

Bomba 2 announced.

Seriously . . . I find it strange that they would announce a sequel when the first one GOT GREAT SCORES and yet bombed. I would think the lesson would be that people are not interested. Perhaps they can come out with a lower priced turntable and do better?

I'd understand a Tony Hawk Ride 2 . . . Tony Hawk has been a reliable series but Ride was just a buggy non-responsive piece of crap. Perhaps if they made it work and fun, it would sell.

Princess Skittles said:
Metallica? :lol
If you own the rights then drive them into the ground.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bomba Hero 2: Bomb Hard With a Vengence

Seriously . . . I find it strange that they would announce a sequel when the first one GOT GREAT SCORES and yet bombed

It's amazing to me that this thread has to turn into sales-age bullshit. No, the game wasn't a huge hit, as 15 people pointed out on the first page. But obviously it did well enough for them that they're making a sequel so it couldn't have been that big of a "bomba".

We should all just be happy that a great game that didn't sell amazingly well is getting a sequel. DJ Hero was a compelte breath of fresh air amongst all the Band Heroes and Guitar Heroes of last year and one of the few series from Activision (the other being Blur) that I'll support day 1 because of a fantastic developer.

Wish we could focus on that rather than, "BUT IT DIDN'T SELL A BILLION COPIES."

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow, I was under the impression that DJ Hero's sales were pretty good consider it came out during the Great Rhythm Game Apocalypse of The Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Nine.

WaltJay

I'm glad they aren't changing the turntable by adding another button or something else that would affect gameplay. I sure as hell don't need more plastic crap!

I'll probably wait for the inevitable pricedrop on a software-only copy. I really like the first game, so I'll check this one out as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
WaltJay said:
I'm glad they aren't changing the turntable by adding another button or something else that would affect gameplay. I sure as hell don't need more plastic crap!
The devs have said all along that they wanted to at least include the ability to play with two turntables for those wanting a harder game mode, something they wanted to do for the first game actually. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just played DJ Hero for the first time this past weekend. Holy shit it was fun. Will definitely be checking this out.

Finguo said:
Might be a dump question but I'm only gonna get my first 360 in a couple of days and plan to buy DJ Hero soon. Can I already download the DLC although I don't own the game, yet? Once I've got the 360, of course.

Edit: Oh, it's Gold exclusive, I see. Well in that case it doesn't matter anyway since I won't join Live Gold anytime soon.

You get one month of free Gold when you sign up for Live.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, good move getting Deadmau5 in this one as a playable char:

2w1zec5.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Deadmau5 is a big gamer (hell he has a space invaders tattoo on his neck), not too surprised to see him in the game. And also having him means there's a chance the game may contain more EDM than the previous DJ Hero, which was a major disappointment for me.

Mayyhem

I'll buy the standalone disc somewhere, already have the DJ Hero set (loved the game), not buying any new peripherals.

Top Bottom