• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika tune (Vita) Features music from KARA.

kiyomi

I tweeted them a while back and they just said they were waiting to see when/how much they'd be getting in.

Thanks. Shame there's no way to get some kind of notification of when it's up for order, especially if they're not getting many copies in.

Gonna have to keep a keen eye on it!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here got a shipping notification from Penta on this yet? I saw someone on Bemanistyle said they got one... Hoping I get it soon.

iammeiam

Just got shipment notification for my CE; my order number shows as low 200s so if they're going in order that's where they are. Notification came via UPS QuantumView, not an email from Pentavision, but Pentavision is listed as the shipper. They shipped ground, estimated delivery is the 11th. Kind of wish they'd sprung for faster given the wait, but am not surprised they didn't.

Rahk

Found a weird bug in the game today. Freaked out for a while, because reloading didn't help at all.

If you equip avatar with Antibreak 2 (one of the first unlocks, some anime girl) notes will stop making sound when you tap them. Makes most of the tracks almost unplayable.
Once you equip something else, everything is back to normal.
That might explain why that one song was more difficult than it seemed it should be.

which one is the prefer playstyle? just front touch, or use backtouch as well? I find it's more comfortoble playing with just front screen while leaving my vita on table/bed, but my fat finger kinda get in the way when I'm multi touching the surface
I prefer using backtouch as it adds an extra element to the gameplay, and something new to learn.

Got an ETA on my order, arriving on the 12th (I'm pretty much as far away from Pentavision Global as I can get while still being in the continental US). My order number is in the 400s.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My order is #874. I have little hope of it going out until tomorrow, I would say. I'm guessing I will get it Wednesday or Thursday? Sigh. At least it's after finals I guess.

MrBS

I've put some time into this now. Yep I suck as expected. Hopefully things will get better. The kpop is growing on me. Must resist becoming a fan...

Want the game but never ordered the cart. Is it actually in stock on the site?

They received their stock earlier this week but they have about 1500 preorders they have to get through. I imagine you could place your order now but it might not ship until next week.

Roubjon

Awesome, I just got the confirmation email. My order number is 470 and it says I should get it by the 13th. Radical.

web01

Yeah once you get auto fever you probably wont turn it off, I know I didn't it.
They really should have let you activate fever by pushing a button on the dpad.

Noi

Really? That is really not much use to me an anyway since I hold the vita with my left hand so my I can tap the back panel and use my right hand on front touch screen.

Yup, that's how I play as well. I've tried alternating so I can actually use fever, but I'm not nearly as agile with my left hand. :(

Xena

Well, finally being left-handed and having to hold the vita with my right hand pays off, lol! I still have nightmares from the DS years ago with a Mana game, forgot which, that did not have any set up for lefties.

fernoca

Well, whatever...
Was holding out on ordering as they said that they were going to put the remaining/cancelled orders of the Limited Editions at some point.

Decided to order the game along the OST for the second game; as the package looks cool and was $85 for everything (the limited would've been over $125, and that's if I managed to order it on time whenever they put them again).

So...now to wait. :p

Yup, that's how I play as well. I've tried alternating so I can actually use fever, but I'm not nearly as agile with my left hand. :(

Does Fever really have that much of an effect? In arcade all it does is convert all your Max hits to flashing Max (arcade doesn't use %s); if you hit every note perfectly while in Fever you literally got nothing out of it.

Does Fever really have that much of an effect? In arcade all it does is convert all your Max hits to flashing Max (arcade doesn't use %s); if you hit every note perfectly while in Fever you literally got nothing out of it.

Arcade is the only way to play the game. Are you meaning one of the four modes within: Star, Pop, Club, or Freestyle? For the first three they all most definitely use percentage. Freestyle I did once but I'm fairly certain that while combo is the only important aspect it still kept a record of how you did on the song, including the percentage.

I haven't tried Easy difficulty but does it only have Max hit on that difficulty?

Fever mode makes any hit count as a 100% Max hit so it's really great to use on sections that you might not be able to get Max on every hit as you'll get a better score and overall ranking. But if you can already get 100% on the notes then in that case you're not doing yourself any favors. I find myself unnecessarily going below Max hits on occasion due to trying to hit fever when I should have just kept going in the song and held onto it. I'm so used to Fever adding more to the score that I feel I always need to use it right away.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how the Fever bonus is decided. I've seen it be 0 points and in other songs upwards of around 1,000 for one section. I'm assuming it has to either do with having a higher combo or the fever bonus score that shows is how many points you got with the fever Max hits vs. the lower percentage hits you would have gotten otherwise.

Arcade is the only way to play the game. Are you meaning one of the four modes within: Star, Pop, Club, or Freestyle? For the first three they all most definitely use percentage. Freestyle I did once but I'm fairly certain that while combo is the only important aspect it still kept a record of how you did on the song, including the percentage.

I haven't tried Easy difficulty but does it only have Max hit on that difficulty?

Fever mode makes any hit count as a 100% Max hit so it's really great to use on sections that you might not be able to get Max on every hit as you'll get a better score and overall ranking. But if you can already get 100% on the notes then in that case you're not doing yourself any favors. I find myself unnecessarily going below Max hits on occasion due to trying to hit fever when I should have just kept going in the song and held onto it. I'm so used to Fever adding more to the score that I feel I always need to use it right away.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how the Fever bonus is decided. I've seen it be 0 points and in other songs upwards of around 1,000 for one section. I'm assuming it has to either do with having a higher combo or the fever bonus score that shows is how many points you got with the fever Max hits vs. the lower percentage hits you would have gotten otherwise.

When I say Arcade I mean the actual arcade machine, not the Vita version at all.

I still don't have Technika Tune in my hands, but it sounds like Fever is identical to the way it is in arcade, though with much higher scores (Fever in arcade typically only gives 3-10 points if your timing isn't totally off for the sequence, since the difference in score between MAX and Flashing MAX is only one point).

Roubjon

How are you guys checking order status?
I haven't received a shipping notice via email yet either.

The shipping notice was sent to the email address I used to purchase the game, so unless you get an email I'm assuming they haven't shipped it yet. That sucks man.

Takuya

Banned
I believe that Pentavision is fulfilling U.S. orders first, regardless of order number. I am order# < 250 and have yet to receive any shipment notification. I reside in Canada, and I fear that may the reason why I haven't received a shipment notification. Really sucks that they aren't fulfilling orders based on order #.

Takuya

Banned
From DJ Max Facebook:
DJ MAX
If you receive an e-mail from UPS or USPS referring to a shipment from us it means that your order has been dropped off for shipping. Your shipping status on our backend may not reflect this right away.

We're well on track to have all Limited Edition orders taken care of today, and will be working through the weekend to fulfill any game-only orders placed through the end of today.

Yasumi

Banned
I believe that Pentavision is fulfilling U.S. orders first, regardless of order number. I am order# < 250 and have yet to receive any shipment notification. I reside in Canada, and I fear that may the reason why I haven't received a shipment notification. Really sucks that they aren't fulfilling orders based on order #.

That looks to be the case. I'm in Canada too, order 391 and no shipment notification either.

Takuya

Banned
Yep... Seems like they were BS'ing about getting all the LEs out today. I didn't get my shipment notification. GG pentavision.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yep... Seems like they were BS'ing about getting all the LEs out today. I didn't get my shipment notification. GG pentavision.

Wouldn't be the first time they delayed something. *rimshot*

I didn't get any shipping confirmation either, hopefully my regular edition gets shipped out by tomorrow.

Mzo

Got a tracking number for my LE, should be showing up right before I go home for Christmas.

Cutting it damn close, though.

If you guys are so concerned about shipping speed, why not volunteer some time at the warehouse to help them get it done faster?

WTF the hidden 4th songs on those club mixes :'(

Also, I see I got Fallen Angel back this time, but where the hell is Goodbye, Beautiful Girl, MellowD Fantasy and Stay With Me?

I want them all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pretty close to pulling the trigger on the digital version just because I've been listening to a bit of K-pop lately. Also, Xena's comment of left-handedness not being a hindrance is another reason. But... exams... ;__;

Also, everyone in here falling victim to how addictive and catchy KARA can be... it's cute.

A-fucking-men.

But this is better than the MV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXgFeZGLTwI

Bring on the DLC plz Pentavision
Yessss, totally agree. They're so good. But that one song reminds me so much of 1993-esque En Vogue.

Top Bottom