• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLC Inovations

Gowans

With DLC starting to become more common with gaming its seems that DLC is stuck in the same categorys:

Most Common DLC:
New Maps
New Skins
New Cars

Limited Title DLC:
Expansion Packs

What avenues are they left for DLC to add extra benfit to games that the gaming community would want and would add value to the gaming experiance? or is the DLC market going in the correct path?

Tobor

Gowans007 said:
With DLC starting to become more common with gaming its seems that DLC is stuck in the same categorys:

Most Common DLC:
New Maps
New Skins
New Cars

Limited Title DLC:
Expansion Packs

What avenues are they left for DLC to add extra benfit to games that the gaming community would want and would add value to the gaming experiance? or is the DLC market going in the correct path?

DLC will have a huge impact in the music game genre. Downloadable songs will be awesome.

chriskzoo

Banned
I'm just waiting for Microsoft to make good on their original promise for the Marketplace, which was allowing people to customize things (cars, for example) in-game and then sell those on the Marketplace, presumably for points.

Gowans

Things I dont think have been done yet that I would like to see:

New Difficulty Levels
Director/Commuity Cut's of Levels
Conseptual Mission Modes
Deleted Scenes
Developer Commenatry

Tieno

Gowans007 said:

New Difficulty Levels
Director/Commuity Cut's of Levels
Conseptual Mission Modes
Deleted Scenes
Developer Commenatry
Didn't Ninja Gaiden do something like this?

Gowans

Tieno said:
Didn't Ninja Gaiden do something like this?

yeah it did, also added these cool little mission modes that were all bundled in Black.

Shame it hasn't carried over anywhere else

Tobor

Half 2 Episode 1 had director commentary. I really hope they implement it in the 360 version, and maybe expand it to the whole game.

Haunted

As far as extras go, developer commentary available while playing through the game is ****ing awesome. Could be done as DLC, I'd much prefer it out of the box though. :)

Gowans

commentarys covered in the other thread, but is there anything else that DLC could do or are we going to be locked into a future of maps, skins etc..

Wollan

The upcoming Sing Store on PSN is kinda interesting as it has multiple uses. You can watch them normally in the XMB or you can use them as Karaoke videos in SingStar. Maybe they can be used elsewhere as well? Walk into a tv store in GT4 and they are playing your videos. :p

Gowans007 said:

New Difficulty Levels

lol (That's even via the "bad"/keyfile method, to my understanding. It's not offered in the US Marketplace yet.)

Unfortunately, VelocityGirl probably can't sell her designs due to legal problems MS must've run into (think about just any designable texture being a ripe canvas for copyright infringement or sexual content, for one thing), but "community cut" levels seems like an interesting idea.

Top Bottom