• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition |OT| ...And I've got a bigger change log

Sesha

storafötter;165986175 said:
I know this has probably been asked to death but did they fix the textures on the ps4 version? I remember seeing how rough they were in a comparison to other versions.

If you scroll up on this page you'd see it was fixed a couple of weeks ago.

Unit24

I've gotta say, I really don't like the way they designed the controls to begin with. I'd much rather tap a button to toggle a weapon than hold it to use its abilities. Being able to keep my finger off the triggers would make it a lot less awkward to dodge or lock on. I wish there was an option for classic DMC controls.

Final round is here.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...nt---final-round-community-vote?ts=1432663701

Each player has their clips for both Dante and Vergil.

Kyosuke
MA16v3
SteeleSerpent
Zeno Xyvorean

Dem results, doe

I've gotta say, I really don't like the way they designed the controls to begin with. I'd much rather tap a button to toggle a weapon than hold it to use its abilities. Being able to keep my finger off the triggers would make it a lot less awkward to dodge or lock on. I wish there was an option for classic DMC controls.

Yeah, agreed.

Unit24

I absolutely despise the dumb sawblade robot dudes. Are there any decent strategies for taking them out quickly? Because I'm going through Son of Sparda, and every time one of them shows up, the game stops being fun because I don't see a way to attack them without having to immediately leap away or get hit.

Sesha

I absolutely despise the dumb sawblade robot dudes. Are there any decent strategies for taking them out quickly? Because I'm going through Son of Sparda, and every time one of them shows up, the game stops being fun because I don't see a way to attack them without having to immediately leap away or get hit.

Demon Dodge its sawblades or hit them back at him to stun it, then get close and start charging the Rising Dragon with Eryx. A fully charged launcher will send it flying, and from there on you can juggle it freely. If you do it correctly you can finish it in one go.

Another strategy is to keep knocking the sawblades back, then getting close with a stinger-move, then use the 1-2-Trinity Smash combo to deal damage. Rinse repeat until death.

Just use prop/shredder to hit it's blades back at it (works for most enemy projectiles, if not all).
Beyond that, just wail on it. I don't remember needing to employ any particular tactics to beat them, it's been a while.
As mentioned above, once you launch an enemy, they're pretty much at your mercy.

Deitus

I know it's not important but the new cutscenes for the new characters are pretty just completely nothing. (Not even mentioning how the few bits of action scenes feel like imitations of expectation) But also the character stories are really jammed in there. "Vergil mysteriously walks into town 20+ years ago, then mysteriously walks out." Why even put a cutscene in there at all? It's just nothing. (obviously that's not what someone would buy this for, I just had to vent my reaction to those)

I think you meant to post in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1065848

So is this actually never coming out on PC or what? Seems like an odd choice to not add the new features. I'd rather not have to mod the original release.

What's a good way to go about GMD with Dante? With Vergil it's just Solar Flares and Atomics all day for all dat high-priority, speedy, AOE, enemy DT-stripping launchers/blasts.

Dante on the other hand has to rely on fullcharge Eryx to strip enemy DT. I'm finding it tricky fighting droves of trash mobs... and it's going to be worse once I encounter witches/dreks. I think I'm playing this mode wrong. Maybe the trick is not to worry about enemy DT and just attack through it? I dunno

Dahbomb

What's a good way to go about GMD with Dante? With Vergil it's just Solar Flares and Atomics all day for all dat high-priority, speedy, AOE, enemy DT-stripping launchers/blasts.

Dante on the other hand has to rely on fullcharge Eryx to strip enemy DT. I'm finding it tricky fighting droves of trash mobs... and it's going to be worse once I encounter witches/dreks. I think I'm playing this mode wrong. Maybe the trick is not to worry about enemy DT and just attack through it? I dunno
Parrying enemies remove their DT most of the time. For the higher level enemies it doesn't really matter much if they have DT or not, it's really about nullifying the DT on the lower enemies as they are the ones that get really annoying.

There are other tricks to remove DT as well like hitting or pulling them during certain animation of the enemy.

Fj0823

My GF asked me for an "Not very complicated but full of action game" I recommended her this game and she's been loving it so far.

I gave her lots of Dahmbombs tips (Thanks bro.) and now it seems she fell in love with character action games. She just keeps on practicing her combos.

Will try to convince her to get DMC4 SE. However, her only experience with the OG franchise was a little game called DEVIL MAY CRY 2 she got as gift. So I´m having a hard time convincing her.

I only own a PS3 for now so this might be my chance to play DMC on PS4 for free :D

Teknoman

I think I might need to go ahead and get this and DMC4 SE. Havent played 4 since launch on PS3, and I fell off DmC PC for some reason or another.

sn00zer

Neh neh neh necro bump

So I got this during the sale. downloaded and installed....and now it says the second level isnt installed yet? And Im basically stuck in training until it installs....even though its already installed. Any ideas?

Neh neh neh necro bump

So I got this during the sale. downloaded and installed....and now it says the second level isnt installed yet? And Im basically stuck in training until it installs....even though its already installed. Any ideas?

You probably downloaded enough to start the game only.

This sounds more or less like a "play-while-still-downloading" issue. It says it's installed but it is only "ready to start playing".

I think it should finish downloading if you let it be for a while.

sn00zer

You probably downloaded enough to start the game only.

This sounds more or less like a "play-while-still-downloading" issue. It says it's installed but it is only "ready to start playing".

I think it should finish downloading if you let it be for a while.

Ah you guys are right..... didnt notice it as still downloading as you have to go into the information section of the game itself...very weird

Top Bottom