• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do Asian Americans eat with chopsticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzlapin

Kinda off topic: I'm pretty decent with chopsticks and use them at restaurants and such, but I've only recently been introduced to sushi. I love it, and can handle it with chopsticks well, etc, but someone told me that you have to eat the whole piece in one bite. Is this true? My mouth is way too small to accomplish that with any sort of grace.

Nah, don't worry about that. It only makes sense when the sushi is bite sized, which giant maki rolls certainly are not.

B.O.O.M

Depends on the food. I'm south asian and I eat most south asian food with my hands as they were meant to be eaten. You can mix up different curries properly in different combinations with your hands. Sadly I know there are many ignorant close minded individuals who look down upon it ..they can go fk themselves lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Calling people weaboos and asking them to be banned in a thread about using chopsticks is a "shared cultural context"? lol. That is some kind of mental gymnastic. Yea sure, if the shared cultural context is to put down asian culture.

Clumsy joke. No internet. No pithy retort.
My joke was originally about UK weaboos and forks but here I am in a cauldron of my own boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom