• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you complain about neighbourly noise or just let it be?

Depends on the time. For me:

Monday - Thursday: 11pm - 8am - Expect quietness
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 11pm - Anything goes
Friday - Sunday: 2am - 10am - Expect quietness
Friday - Sunday: 10am - 2am - Anything goes

geestack

my neighbor open carries a pistol on a hip holster. so no, i do not wish to get shot when he plays fallout 4 on his tv.

i get my petty revenge by loudly playing records on my sound system.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I would likely be the nightmare neighbor. Detached housing for me. Hearing people talk about how even moving around in apartments late at night can bring noise complaints, sounds awful.

Creepy

General everyday noises... whatever, don't care.

All night house parties... get that shit out of here, go to a fucking club you inconsiderate trash.

If you have a party near me I will make your life hell until you move.

Roubjon

I know it's been said, but kicking the door probably wasn't a good idea. The guy could have taken a bit to get to the door because he had to put pants on or something, you don't really know.

I remember one time I was sitting on a couch watching TV and my downstairs neighbor walked up stairs and knocked hard on my door and yelled at me to stop stomping around. Was fucking bizarre because I wasn't even moving and if he just asked nicely I wouldn't have thought the dude was insane.

RangerX

Banned
It depends how regular it is. My neighbour has loud late parties once every two months or so and that's cool. Never have any problems when I throw a party every blue moon. Live and let live as long as it's not every week.

typist

I mean, if you can't sleep that's terrible. Like worse than smoking around someone in a closed space when they don't want you to. Lack of sleep has extremely negative effects on your health, on your job and on your social life

Nyx

A few years ago one of my neighbours had very loud sex around the time I was in bed to sleep. It went on for weeks when one night I heard the woman scream 'I'm coming!' and before I knew it I had replied by screaming 'me too!'

The loud sex stopped immediately and for quite some time after that I could hear that they actually tried to keep it down when going at it. I could still hear some things, but definitely not as bad as it was before.

Pejo

Gold Member

yea this is similar to what I expect too. I had some issues with a neighbor for a few months, finally after a few calls to the landlord, they're done. Hated going that route, but I tried talking to him face to face several times with no results.

C.Mongler

I have a neighbor who has a thing where he occasionally screams at the top of his lungs for hours on end into the wee hours of the morning usually. I am envious of many of your noise issues.

This is generally my expectation. I wouldn't complain unless there was constant noise on multiple days or some other highly circumstantial thing.

Viewt

My downstairs neighbor uses the coach house in the back to practice with his band. I really don't mind when they do it during the day, but sometimes it stretches past 10PM, and that's when it becomes annoying. But they've always been responsive when I shoot them a text or walk over to ask them to wrap up.

When I was living in Miami, I had some next-door neighbors in an apartment complex who seemed to sleep all day and do coke all night, so that was super annoying. Every night, I'd toss and turn for an hour before being able to just tune it out and drift into sleep.

Top Bottom