• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you game more during the holidays? Any gaming traditions/memories from this time of year?

Do you play more videogames during the holiday season?

• Yes, I do!

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Whether you're rekindling an old Mario Kart or Street Fighter rivalry with visiting relatives, or busting out the co-op games after dinner for the whole family to enjoy, or maybe just catching up on your backlog during some much-needed holiday vacation time, I'm curious if you play more games during the holidays (I do!).

sfv-Zangief-holiday.jpg

Also, do you hold any fond gaming-related memories from this time of year? Maybe you got [that special console] as a gift, or maybe you remember some epic Goldeneye battles between you and your visiting cousin.

J-Roderton

Usually not. I travel too much in December to get much gaming done.

Used to enjoy playing for hours whatever game I got as a gift in Christmas night.

GC_DALBEN

I tend to play less, i dont know why, but i do intend to play some Dota, Forza Horizon 4 and this new game Ashen.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I usually have time off that I have to use before the end of the calendar year, so I try to time it with game releases I’m interested in. So I’ll take a couple weeks off and game while the kids are at daycare. (Also hit the gym every day + do 1 other productive thing so I don’t feel completely awful)

2015: Xenoblade Chronicles X
2016: Final Fantasy XV
2017: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sadly I don’t have much time this year but I will take a few days off and play Guild Wars 2 :)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not more, no - I usually get 12 days off and spend at least half of that with the family back home. But I do make it a habit to play through an old beloved game, something comfy and familiar. Often Bully for that winter season.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Yes, I'm in the northern hemisphere and Dec. has the shortest days of the year. And it's cold too.

I play more. I usually take a week or two off around Christmas, and it will be frigid outside so I got nothing else to do! Drink homemade Bailey's or some craft beer and chill out at my desk/couch/bed with a blanket. It's heaven :D

It's also a nostalgic time of year for video games due to getting most of my consoles growing up at Christmas.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

The first console my parents ever bought for my siblings and I was in Christmas. I remember getting the Genesis and it being hidden under the sofa.

tomiguelk

Neo Member
Now I don't have much time to play around the holidays, but when I was younger, I used to spend Christmas day playing the games I got on the 24th. One of my cherished Christmas memories was playin Shinobi 3 on my Megadrive until 3 a.m.! A few other games I remember receiving on Christmas eve were Story of Thor, Dust a Tale of the Wired West, Blood omen Legacy of Kain, Grim Fandango, Mickey Mania, Curse of Monkey Island… Good Times

dan76

Yeah, I hook the old tv up and tate it for the shmups. The gf doesn't mind too much, though I'm still a way of convincing her of a candy cab. I usually finish off hobbies I started during the year, and often they're game related. Got to add some thermal paste to a PS3 and maybe try and get Teknoparrot to work.

I'll also be heading back into Dead Space, or maybe Shadows of the Damned / the Last of Us on grounded difficulty. A strong single player to get me through the joy...

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

I work from home so I game a lot anyway . For me to out do that I would have pull freaking 24 hour sessions and whatnot

Top Bottom