• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you get nose bleeds during the summer time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Every summer at least one time I get a really dry nose and eventually it gets crusty and starts to scab up with blood because I can't NOT pick at it since I feel the need to remove the blockage. It rarely bleeds where I need to stop it from actually flowing out, it's more just a dry bloody build-up.

I'm trying my best to not do this and have used stuff like Ocean Saline Nasal Spray but that shit doesn't do anything except run right back down out of my nostril. So what say you GAF, do you have a tried and true method of taking care of this when it happens?

Oh and where I live, temps are about 100F these days and I keep my apartment's AC set at 74-76.

Kadin

I've been indoors a lot as of late and I have a couple ceiling fans that run during the day to help keep it cool. I wonder if these are making it worse and along with not getting out as much. Humidity here isn't great but it's not typically really bad either.

I used to get them all the time when I was younger.

Haven't had one for ages though. I remember the last one I had actually. In Game on a boiling hot day, in queue. Nose just started pissing of blood. Went all down my T-shirt and trousers. Had to walk all the way home like some smacked out junkie. The looks I got that day.

RoKKeR

I get them fairly often year-round, unfortunately. I've been living in more humid places recently, though, so it has gotten better.

noquarter

No, don't get bloody noses anymore. Might want to make sure you are drinking plenty of water, sounds like you might be dehydrated pretty frequently and that could be causing them.

Tomita

Is your nose really itchy too? That was the worst part for me, though it happens in winter for me. Only since I started having allergies in...2010 or something. Maybe past three years or so I get the occasional bloody nose like you describe.

Keeping hydrated will really help you out.

Not as much as during the colder seasons, but yeah pretty regularly. Nothing worse than sneezing and blowing blood everywhere, except maybe if it starts bleeding right after getting out of the shower.

vern

Used to all the time during the summer. California is really dry. Also when I would go up to the mountains I'd get them a lot. Since moving to more wet climates I hardly ever get them, maybe once a year (when I go back to California...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom