• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you guys keep a list or track of what games did you finish???

how many games did you finish (campaign, story)

• 0-100

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 100-150

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 150-220

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 220-300

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • more then 300

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
Do you guys keep a list of all the games you've beaten?
I do, in an office document and I'm very anal about it. After I finish each game, I wrote it in.
Through out the years, I've had many lists. Physical ones. But about a few years ago I started with keeping a list on my pc in a digital form.
I have 3 copies, and I update all 3 once I finish a game. One is on my pc, one on a usb stick and the other on google drive, up in dem clouds.
So I'll share my list with you. I lost my physical list at one point so keep in mind that the list gets chronological somewhere around 100 or so. I can't vouch for chronological order before that number.
So here's my list. All the games I finished.

6mZpm5l.jpg

R9WBKKU.jpg

08ToElr.jpg

o4iTvQO.jpg

NHsJ55q.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yep - on NeoGAF!

I started in 2014 and I've been doing it every year since. Completed the challenge every year except 2019.

Humdinger

I used to do that with the books I read, but I've never done it with games. If I need a list of what I've played, I think you can just look somewhere in the consoles' files and find it. (edit: Now that I think about it, that would just give you a list of games you've played, not necessarily finished.)

Last edited:

pqueue

Seems pointless. No one actually cares what games you complete, other than you (that is not meant to be read as either condescending or as an insult; just a statement of fact). It would be the same as if you tracked what movies you have seen or tv shows you have watched.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Seems pointless. No one actually cares what games you complete, other than you (that is not meant to be read as either condescending or as an insult; just a statement of fact). It would be the same as if you tracked what movies you have seen or tv shows you have watched.

Who cares what people say, is free to do what they want.

I even think it's a good idea.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’s a nice pick-me-up. I kept a running tally for a year or two. I wrote a page worth and then just stopped. It was cool to run a tally and then I just started to do it mentally. I sometimes run a tally of what I completed. A thing that I liked was posting screenshots to Facebook from PSN and from my Switch. The PS4 Facebook integration went away though. I liked being reminded of a game I played or finished, like an anniversary or something.

Do you guys keep a list of all the games you've beaten?
I do, in an office document and I'm very anal about it. After I finish each game, I wrote it in.
Through out the years, I've had many lists. Physical ones. But about a few years ago I started with keeping a list on my pc in a digital form.
I have 3 copies, and I update all 3 once I finish a game. One is on my pc, one on a usb stick and the other on google drive, up in dem clouds.
So I'll share my list with you. I lost my physical list at one point so keep in mind that the list gets chronological somewhere around 100 or so. I can't vouch for chronological order before that number.
So here's my list. All the games I finished.

6mZpm5l.jpg

R9WBKKU.jpg

08ToElr.jpg

o4iTvQO.jpg

NHsJ55q.jpg
L

what’s pretty cool is GOG Galaxy links my other accounts (Steam, PSN, etc) and kinda, for the most part, keeps track of everything like this. Shocked me seeing actually how many hours I game a month. GOGG won’t read every service’s achievement tracking but gets a lot of them, on top of hours played

Last edited:
what’s pretty cool is GOG Galaxy links my other accounts (Steam, PSN, etc) and kinda, for the most part, keeps track of everything like this. Shocked me seeing actually how many hours I game a month. GOGG won’t read every service’s achievement tracking but gets a lot of them, on top of hours played
I thought about that but somehow I feel this is a better solution. If I see how many hours I've put into something, I'd probably be shocked.
Tbh, I don't even know why I keep a list. This is the first time I've shown it to anybody. But somehow, the list is important to me and I keep updating it. :)

LOLCats

Banned
One of the reasons I like trophies, keeps a record of your games played.

on a side note, i bet OP grocery shops with a list.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
It doesn't seem that difficult to remember if you finished a game or not even if they number in the 4 digit range much like movies on whether you ever watched one or not.

I have steam categories setup for backlogged games, games I want to replay eventually and games I'm completely done with.

Last edited:

I started a small list of games I’m playing because a few games and can get forgetful. It kinda helps me finish things because getting things off lists is kinda gratifying.

Aidah

That's cool man.

Yeah, I do keep a list of games I either finished or played for at least 2 hours before flushing, however it's on a yearly basis. I like seeing what games I played by the end of the year and it makes coming up with a top ten easier.

Edit: Hey, a lot of great stuff on that list.

Last edited:
Yes. I have a review system that I do. I have 426 games that I've reviewed. I don't finish many games anymore though, and I have a backlog from PS3, Wii U, and 3DS still.

Ever since I started posting in neogaf goty threads, I keep a list of the 20 or so games I play each year in a text file so I can remember what I played. I can kind of understand your compulsiveness a little bit, I feel very satisfied when I check off a game as being finished on that list.

Top Bottom