• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Owners: Do you plan to sell your Xbox if Microsoft goes the SEGA's route?

Will you sel your Xbox or...

• Yes, i will sell my Xbox

Votes: 103 31.7%
  • No i will keep my Xbox

Votes: 222 68.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
Real question this time..

If Microsoft truly goes multiplatform and starts releasing all their games on rival consoles, what do you plan to do?

Some possible awnsers as well:
  • I don't care if it goes multiplatform
  • I will sell my Xbox and migrate to PlayStation
  • I will sell my Xbox and migrate to Nintendo
  • I will sell my Xbox and migrate to PC

Last edited:

Killer8

I own a Series X but also own a PC, PS5 and Switch. I will never sell it because it is an excellent backwards compatible console. With Game Pass my library on it is about 174 games.

The next console not having a disc drive is a bigger danger to my relationship with Xbox than whatever they doing with their releases. Series X would be my last Xbox then.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I already have all the other systems, so it's not really a matter of migration, but I definitely want to keep a system with GamePass in the living room as it's really the main thing my wife and daughter use.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I own a Series X but also own a PC, PS5 and Switch. I will never sell it because it is an excellent backwards compatible console. With Game Pass my library on it is about 174 games.

The next console not having a disc drive is a bigger danger to my relationship with Xbox than whatever they doing with their releases. Series X would be my last Xbox then.

PC has better backwards compatibility than anything though and also has Game Pass access.

I'm personally PC/Switch only and couldn't be happier with the combo.

Zuzu

I can’t sell it because I’ve got so many games on it that I’ve still got to complete. But I may either stop or significantly reduce buying games on it and go to PC as my main platform for future games.

Last edited:
I am going to do as I do currently. Buy new games on PC and get retro collections and BC titles on Series S.

PC has better backwards compatibility than anything though and also has Game Pass access.
Gamepass on PC is incomplete. Also, there are plenty of 360 and Xbox classic titles that are poorly emulated with Xenia and Xemu, respectively. There are also really poor PC ports. Injustice 2 on PC drove me nuts with its memory leak crashes as did Dead or Alive 6's framepacing. They run flawlessly on the Series S.

Last edited:

Killer8

I'm personally PC/Switch only and couldn't be happier with the combo.

It's going to take years, maybe even a decade for PC to be able to emulate Xbox and 360 games as well as a Series X can.

Varteras

Gold Member
I don't have a Xbox, so yes.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Ozzie666

Already done, very disappointed with this and the previous xbox generations. Was a very easy decision with very little invested in the ecosystem, outside of some cheap gamepass (when life was good). Traded my X in last weekend!

Last edited:
Sold my Xbox Series S some time ago. Don't regret it. Fantastic console though with some great features like quick resume and stupid quiet when gaming.

BUT I was playing a lot of 3rd party games on it and damn near no Xbox exclusives so just didn't see a reason for owning it. Also I started building a decent gaming PC at the time so why continue playing Division at 1080p when I could game at 4k on my newly built PC.

Sad to see Xbox go this way but they needed new management ages ago. The current management are failiures.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It's all just a bid to try to get game pass on PlayStation and Nintendo. It's dumb and will never work even if they go third party.

StereoVsn

I will keep it for a bunch of BC games, and some Xbone/XSX titles I actually bought.

I don’t have OG Xbox or 360 and emulation is still not amazing for these.

salva

I'll stay Xbox until my gamepass ultimate expires in 2026. I'll keep the console but at that point, I'll go back to PC as primary. Would probably also buy a laptop capable of PS5/SeriesX specs for in the lounge for a couch/console experience. Unless Switch 2 is a PS5/Series X equivalent console (hahaha no way), then Nintendo it is!
If Sony ever releases a new (good) Twisted Metal, Tenchu or Syphon Filter I'm buying a PS.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I am going to do as I do currently. Buy new games on PC and get retro collections and BC titles on Series S.

Gamepass on PC is incomplete. Also, there are plenty of 360 and Xbox classic titles that are poorly emulated with Xenia and Xemu, respectively. There are also really poor PC ports. Injustice 2 on PC drove me nuts with its memory leak crashes as did Dead or Alive 6's framepacing. They run flawlessly on the Series S.

It's going to take years, maybe even a decade for PC to be able to emulate Xbox and 360 games as well as a Series X can.

Good points!

Is this true? I've only played the GoldenEye 007 XBLA Remaster/Remake with Xenia, haven't tried any other games. Are 360 games not emulated well on PC right now ?

Hopefully I’m in for more subscription shenanigans when game pass expires. Also good for emulation, but ze brand is dead.

They need to make gold free, there isn’t much life left at this point.

Ansphn

Im just glad i sold mine so early and made most of the cost back. It will be difficult to sell these consoles for much.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
If they are going to release their exclusives on other platforms I won't bother buying another Xbox in the future.

bender

What time is it?
Nah. I like the BC options and as long as I can get GPU via Microsoft Rewards, my XSX isn't going anywhere.

intbal

I'm gonna need one more round of BC additions and FPS Boost (they've got a whole new back catalog they can add/enhance). Otherwise, yes, I would absolutely sell it because my One X is good enough. 99% of my favorite games come from 1985-2010.
I'll give them the rest of the year to start up BC again.

Kilau

Nah, I'll keep my Series X. Maybe if MS really does walk away from hardware they will turn a blind eye to emulators and such. If they do make another system, I highly doubt I would buy it but the same is true for PS6 at this point.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I’ve traded my XSX for a good Moza racing wheel exactly one year ago. Thought I was kinda stupid, but with a good PC Xbox felt redundant and I really wanted to try DD. Now I understand that it was the best investment choice in recent years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since I also play on PC, I buy a lot of stuff on the Xbox that's "Play Anywhere" compatible. Being able to easily switch from the Xbox, to PC, to Steam Deck is honestly pretty great.

Saber

Gold Member
Honestly if I had I wouldn't sell, but just because of back compactability stuff. I can't stand the aways connection stuff though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Is this true? I've only played the GoldenEye 007 XBLA Remaster/Remake with Xenia, haven't tried any other games. Are 360 games not emulated well on PC right now ?
The non PC Forza Horizon games have not worked well for me (basically all I am interested in). Constant crashes and weird graphical glitches all over the place.

reinking

Gold Member
Why sell? Are they ending support for the current Xbox consoles? I was already going to skip the next Xbox because I have been playing Xbox games on PC more than the console itself but I am not selling my current XBSX.

Beechos

I dont really care cause I have all the systems I main on xbox because I like their ecosystem and prefer the xbox controller. Every system serves it purpose for me.

Xbox series x - main for eco system and controller
Ps5 - sony and jap games
Nintendo - Nintendo games/toilet system
Pc - rts and Sim games
Steamdeck - portable Xbox due to gamepass/another toilet system
Xbox series s - travel system to play in hotels.

Top Bottom